Steam

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Steam

Postby kyueenterasu » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:10 pm

I've been wanting to get a Steam account forever, and just recently decided to make one. I want the benefits for joining Steam as displayed on the Town of Salem home screens, but don't know how to do that without buying the game over again on Steam. I've looked this up, and people said you just log in with your username and password; however I can't seem to download it without buying it, first. Somewhere, it suggesting contacting Support to figure it out for you, and this was the closest thing I could find. Thank you.
kyueenterasu
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Re: Steam

Postby OnlyShot » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:41 pm

The thing is, you need to buy steam to gain steam account benefits. You can’t receive steam benefits without buying the steam version of the game. When you do buy it, you can link it to your ToS account and have both web + steam benefits at the same time.
Image
User avatar
OnlyShot
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:52 pm
Location: Somewhere in the fourth dimension

Re: Steam

Postby PrincessDespair » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:45 am

You can't download the game from steam. You will have to purchase steam first, and you will receive the benefits. like double merit points as OnlyShot pointed out. If you have other premium editions from your Town of Salem account, like the web version or/and mobile, those perks will be included if you link your accounts from them. If you have additional questions, please ask.
Image

I love to play video games, draw, and bug people.
Dobby calls me a dork, Shelboo is my ghosty buddy, and I bug Naru and TurdPile because it's fun


Interested in helping the Town of Salem community by getting rid of toxicity? If you have completed 151 games of Town of Salem, join the the Trial Discord: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
User avatar
PrincessDespair
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Steam

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:39 am

PrincessDespair wrote:You can't download the game from steam. You will have to purchase steam first, and you will receive the benefits. like double merit points as OnlyShot pointed out. If you have other premium editions from your Town of Salem account, like the web version or/and mobile, those perks will be included if you link your accounts from them. If you have additional questions, please ask.


I have web premium but dont get any perks... what are the perks of web premium?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Steam

Postby Flavorable » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:43 am

kyuss420 wrote:
PrincessDespair wrote:You can't download the game from steam. You will have to purchase steam first, and you will receive the benefits. like double merit points as OnlyShot pointed out. If you have other premium editions from your Town of Salem account, like the web version or/and mobile, those perks will be included if you link your accounts from them. If you have additional questions, please ask.


I have web premium but dont get any perks... what are the perks of web premium?


Another multiplier for your MP and the Webby pet.
Steam ToS Moderator and Bug Report buttinsky.
Image
User avatar
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Steam

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:41 am

I got the Webby pet when i bought coven DLC, but i dont get a multiplier for MP that I know of. 80MP for a win and 40MP for a loss is that the going multiplier rate?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Steam

Postby Naru2008 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:59 am

kyuss420 wrote:I got the Webby pet when i bought coven DLC, but i dont get a multiplier for MP that I know of. 80MP for a win and 40MP for a loss is that the going multiplier rate?

Yes, that's x2 the standard. 40MP for a win, 20MP for a loss.
I cannot reset your password, change your email, etc. Please email the Developers via info@blankmediagames.com and wait for them to respond.


Frequently Asked Questions | Give Feedback | Report a Bug | Appeal your Ban
User avatar
Naru2008
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15202
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Steam

Postby Flavorable » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:00 am

If you own 1 premium, it's x2 (so 80), if you own 2 premiums it's x3 (120) and if you own all 3 premiums, it's x4 (160).
Steam ToS Moderator and Bug Report buttinsky.
Image
User avatar
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Steam

Postby Google » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:38 am

Flavorable wrote:If you own 1 premium, it's x2 (so 80), if you own 2 premiums it's x3 (120) and if you own all 3 premiums, it's x4 (160).

2*2=3 what
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

    

Spoiler:
User avatar
Google
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Steam

Postby Flavorable » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:19 am

Google wrote:
Flavorable wrote:If you own 1 premium, it's x2 (so 80), if you own 2 premiums it's x3 (120) and if you own all 3 premiums, it's x4 (160).

2*2=3 what


It's x times the base MP.
Steam ToS Moderator and Bug Report buttinsky.
Image
User avatar
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Steam

Postby Google » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:39 am

Flavorable wrote:
Google wrote:
Flavorable wrote:If you own 1 premium, it's x2 (so 80), if you own 2 premiums it's x3 (120) and if you own all 3 premiums, it's x4 (160).

2*2=3 what


It's x times the base MP.

So it is total mp = base mp times how many premiums you got?
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

    

Spoiler:
User avatar
Google
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Steam

Postby Jerme » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:18 pm

Its an additive factor, so the correct value would be: total gained MP = base MP + base MP * premiumupgrades
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 21520
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: Steam

Postby Google » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Jerme wrote:Its an additive factor, so the correct value would be: total gained MP = base MP + base MP * premiumupgrades

I see, thank you
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

    

Spoiler:
User avatar
Google
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Steam

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:33 am

Google wrote:
Jerme wrote:Its an additive factor, so the correct value would be: total gained MP = base MP + base MP * premiumupgrades

I see, thank you


quick mafs
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Steam

Postby Google » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:14 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Google wrote:
Jerme wrote:Its an additive factor, so the correct value would be: total gained MP = base MP + base MP * premiumupgrades

I see, thank you


quick mafs

what
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

    

Spoiler:
User avatar
Google
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Steam

Postby Jerme » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:48 am

Just a pun made.
I believe the original question has been answered and I will lock this thread to avoid further derailing.
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 21520
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm


Return to Ask Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests