Emailed support twice and haven't heard back for a week

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Emailed support twice and haven't heard back for a week

Postby ranchtraylor » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:26 pm

I emailed support about an email change due to being stuck on "verifying account" when trying to login and not having access to the email account currently associated with my account (it's a yahoo account that was hacked), and haven't heard anything back for around 7 days now, other than the auto response, which I replied to re-stating my problem as it dictated me to do. Any else had the same problem or know how long it usually takes them to handle stuff like this. Ok, any info would be great, thank you.

Edit Update: It has now been exactly 14 business days ;-;
Last edited by ranchtraylor on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ranchtraylor
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Emailed support twice and haven't heard back for a week

Postby Flavorable » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:39 pm

Normally the response time is between 3 and 5 working days. There is, however, currently a backlog, so it might take longer.

Please keep in mind that sending one e-mail is more than enough, since sending multiple will only add to the backlog.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mzann1 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:18 am

Flavorable wrote:Normally the response time is between 3 and 5 working days. There is, however, currently a backlog, so it might take longer.

Please keep in mind that sending one e-mail is more than enough, since sending multiple will only add to the backlog.

Pardon my ignorance but, what's a backlog?

mzann1
Transporter
Transporter

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:19 am

Basically there are so many emails that the devs have to search through, that they can't read them all in their normal time frame.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ranchtraylor » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:58 pm

Does anyone here have an update on the back log? Next Tuesday will be exactly 21 business days of no response from my first email I sent, I know I sound complainy but I really just would love to play the game ;-;

Thank in advance
ranchtraylor
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:17 am

We currently do not have an update for that, I apologize, as we mods do not have access to the mails.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Voriki » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:02 am

mzann1 wrote:Pardon my ignorance but, what's a backlog?

Assume you work in an industry where you are working with 10 people, who can answer 100 emails per day, per person. So 1.000 e-mails/day handled, but only 500 are being sent total, and the time that the workers have left they can spend on development of new things.
Then a big error happens and many more people send e-mails, they suddenly go from 500 incoming e-mails to 2.000 e-mails. And then 1 of those 10 people gets sick(forgot to get his flu shot, which is very important). So they have 9 people who have a total capacity to answer 900 e-mails but they still receive 2.000 e-mails per day, so they get a backlog of 1.100 unanswered e-mails per day.

So they fix the error, then work on answering those e-mails.
So that is a backlog, can be caused by a numerous things, either extra work, or fewer workers dedicated on answering mails.
While I can give my general opinion on any subject, I only have playing experience in Classic and Draculas Palace, non ranked.
Voriki
Witch
Witch

Postby Transcender » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:08 am

The backlog has been an issue for a long time, youll just have to wait sorry
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby ranchtraylor » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:25 pm

updating everyone in case any of you were just slowly withering away due to the fact of not having any updates from me

it has now been ~60 days with no response, the back log is real and apearantly quite large at that as well ):
ranchtraylor
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:21 pm

The backlog was two week the last time I've heard (which means the first unread mails were from the 8th of December that time), which means that your mails got lost.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ranchtraylor » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:17 pm

thank you for the info!
ranchtraylor
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi ranchtaylor, if you haven't gotten a response, please send a new email in (not responding to your current ones you've previously sent) and make sure to respond to the automatic email, and it should get in. Anything before December 5th they do not have, so if you sent it in prior to that time, please do so again.

Apologies in advance.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jerme » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Just as a heads up: I reminded the community manager of this thread, but I believe they went for a new years break and will return on the 2nd. I do hope there will be a reply coming up rather soon after that.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ranchtraylor » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:16 pm

Just an update, sent a new email in on 1/8/20 and no response yet, fingers crossed one comes in soon!
ranchtraylor
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:21 pm

ranchtraylor wrote:Just an update, sent a new email in on 1/8/20 and no response yet, fingers crossed one comes in soon!

Hey there, sorry about that. The email numbers have been dwindled, and anyone from January should have gotten some sort of response by now. If you'd be so kind as to PM me here on the forums with the email you used to contact them, I'll ask the guys to look for it and see what happened to it;
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&action=quotepost&p=3368955

Thanks, apologies in advance.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask Questions