Is intentionally not keeping a will = gamethrowing ?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Is intentionally not keeping a will = gamethrowing ?

Postby PrincessKira » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:23 am

This player, once jailed, said that he did not keep a will because he was lazy. That's an easy execute right there. However, he says that's not reportable, although it is obviously gamethrowing. May as well claim literally any other role and say the same thing. What do you think?

Note: This happened in a real, master-elo ranked match.

Can't use image tags so just adding a link.

Jail log: https://imgur.com/jErRv5A
Post jail: https://imgur.com/XQU1zPn
Joined Oct. 2014 - Master Elo player, not like it means anything nowadays. :)
PrincessKira

Re: Is intentionally not keeping a will = gamethrowing ?

Postby Jerme » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:26 am

This would be counted as "stupidity" afaik, which is not gamethrowing.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mzann1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:37 pm

It's dumb that is not reportable..losing a town member just because of his stupidity and laziness and the jailor not able to exe anymore because of this dumb player.

mzann1
Transporter
Transporter

Postby PrincessKira » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:54 am

mzann1 wrote:It's dumb that is not reportable..losing a town member just because of his stupidity and laziness and the jailor not able to exe anymore because of this dumb player.

It's the same case as if, for example, a player claims retributionist, revives someone, nobody cc's his ret claim.. and then gets shot by vigi not paying attention to the game. It's obviously gamethrowing, but, they get away with it because "being dumb is not gamethrowing". The rules of this game are seriously flawed.
PrincessKira

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:48 pm

PrincessKira wrote:
mzann1 wrote:It's dumb that is not reportable..losing a town member just because of his stupidity and laziness and the jailor not able to exe anymore because of this dumb player.

It's the same case as if, for example, a player claims retributionist, revives someone, nobody cc's his ret claim.. and then gets shot by vigi not paying attention to the game. It's obviously gamethrowing, but, they get away with it because "being dumb is not gamethrowing". The rules of this game are seriously flawed.

Unless there is a confession to wanting to shoot a Retributionist to gamethrow it isn’t reportable. Similar to if someone leaves, unless they confess to leaving before they do it then it isn’t guilty, since people can DC from games due to their internet.

Confession is key.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:46 pm

Well, then every player with less than 50 games would be reported and banned, bringing no new players to the game
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:03 pm

actually no because under a certain amount of games you cannot be suspended for gt.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:49 pm

SocketTOS wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:actually no because under a certain amount of games you cannot be suspended for gt.
That's not true at all lol If you blatantly gamethrow, you're gonna be suspended for it
So this segment of the P2P rulebook is bullshit?
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Flavorable » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:27 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
SocketTOS wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:actually no because under a certain amount of games you cannot be suspended for gt.
That's not true at all lol If you blatantly gamethrow, you're gonna be suspended for it
So this segment of the P2P rulebook is bullshit?

Everything is situational. Judges have more info than jurors do in some situations. And sometimes there is a biiiiiiig difference between an educational mistake and intentional throwing.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 am

Ultimately my point is that the clause would prevent noobs for being punished for being noobs. Even if not having a will was throwing, it would prevent people under that amount of games from being banned for not having one like kyuss said they would be. Your exception only applies to “blatant” gamethrowing, which not keeping a will is not.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:34 am

Semantics aside, the clause still applies to the situation that kyuss presented, which is why I brought it up in the first place. Continuing to tell me that it’s not absolute because of blatant cases of GT has nothing to do with my point or the OP.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:52 pm

I brought up the screenshot because it was evidence of the clause’s existence. I didn’t know it wasn’t absolute, and I never argued that it was once you told me otherwise: I merely stated that the exception wasn’t relevant to the point I was trying to make. Please stop dragging me around over this nonsense.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Meandrina » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:21 pm

At this point in time, judges have no way to know, at the time of report, how many games a player has played. Furthermore, it has been discussed...if it matters what RYPE of game they have played. Obviously coven, especially some of the rotating modes like vip and lovers are quite different than other games. Until judges have the information, we cannot possibly follow the devs "should"
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby ThePublicDomain » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:44 pm

Playing solely based on wills is not a good way to play, assuming you mean giving you the standard will format that everyone seems to use. He did claim to you and you chose to execute him anyway knowing full well that he could have been spy. That is why it is not gamethrowing and not reportable.
ThePublicDomain
Witch
Witch

Postby PrincessKira » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:53 pm

ThePublicDomain wrote:Playing solely based on wills is not a good way to play, assuming you mean giving you the standard will format that everyone seems to use. He did claim to you and you chose to execute him anyway knowing full well that he could have been spy. That is why it is not gamethrowing and not reportable.

Take into consideration that it was a master elo ranked game. It is a matter of fact that if you do not have a will you will be executed or hanged. At this level of the game you DECIDE not to have a will, it is not that you may not know that such a feature even exists within the game. You decide not to have it, basically making yourself an instant target of vigilante/jailor/lynch. What happens is that you INTENTIONALLY decide to do that, severely hurting your team's chances to win. What is NOT gamethrowing in the situation? People seem to miss that going against your team's win condition is gamethrowing, they only take gamethrowing as gamethrowing when they admit to it, even if it did not occur.

Since when INTENTIONALLY GOING AGAINST YOUR FACTION'S VICTORY CHANCE is not gamethrowing? Isn't it the pure definition of it? Everyone should take into consideration that the system is not always correct and should be consistently improved, not taken for granted as it is obviously flawed.
PrincessKira

Postby Meandrina » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Here again, we would have the same problem as we currently have with "how many games did the person play" because we CAN check the players elo at the time we look at the report, but we cannot back check what their elo was at the time the game was played. I have heard so many master elo players saying the are a bunch of players that are not master elo, they shouldn't be there, etc. So even if we did use elo, it would be hard to agree on what proper rules there should be for each elo division.

Regardless, elo and ranked games ins a small subset of game modes. Rules are made for all and should not change based on the mode you are playing.
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Return to Ask Questions