How to contact BMG?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Re: How to contact BMG?

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:54 am

Do you have any way to verify that the old email is yours?
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Flavorable » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:32 am

Google wrote:Do you have any way to verify that the old email is yours?

This is something for the Devs to figure out and verify, not you.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:12 pm

Flavorable wrote:
Google wrote:Do you have any way to verify that the old email is yours?

This is something for the Devs to figure out and verify, not you.

I was asking if he did because if he did the devs can verify it
clearing up an issue earlier makes it faster later
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Bram » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:18 pm

Well the email may be invalid but as an example I own the gmAIL.com account attached to the name but not the gmIAL.com account if that counts for anything. It's not an exact example but it's close enough and yes, it's that stupid and shouldn't be that difficult to fix.

I made another account on that email when I was trying to figure it out however so I suggested a different email from the email that could be used. No response since then.
Bram
Witch
Witch

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:22 pm

Bram wrote:Well the email may be invalid but as an example I own the gmAIL.com account attached to the name but not the gmIAL.com account if that counts for anything. It's not an exact example but it's close enough and yes, it's that stupid and shouldn't be that difficult to fix.

I made another account on that email when I was trying to figure it out however so I suggested a different email from the email that could be used. No response since then.

The issue is if you dont know it its hard to fix.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Bram » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:42 pm

I do know the email attached to the account and I know it's invalid. I also know the email I emailed with which is the same email username but with the correct domain name. I also provided possible emails the account could be moved to if not the very email I emailed with (which would involve moving that account to a different email or disabling it). Just changing the account from @hmail.com to @gmail.com shouldn't be a difficult thing to do I wouldn't think. But 2 months later it still hasn't been done.
Bram
Witch
Witch

Postby Transcender » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:27 am

Bram wrote:I do know the email attached to the account and I know it's invalid. I also know the email I emailed with which is the same email username but with the correct domain name. I also provided possible emails the account could be moved to if not the very email I emailed with (which would involve moving that account to a different email or disabling it). Just changing the account from @hmail.com to @gmail.com shouldn't be a difficult thing to do I wouldn't think. But 2 months later it still hasn't been done.

Most people cant fix this and with the email backlog the devs havent gotten a chance to.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Jerme » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:43 am

Have you tried fixing your old emai laddress? As in if its not existant, create it and then retry?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bram » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:16 am

It is not possible to create an email that matches the email used for my account because the domain name does not exist. I need someone to change it from whatever it is now to a valid email address.

To clarify: If I made the email "example123@gmail.com" and it didn't exist I could potentially create the email with the username "example123". But if the email is "example123@exampleabc.com" and exampleabc.com doesn't exist or allow me to create emails at that address then I can't make an email that matches the address used for the account.
Bram
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:18 pm

Some mailproviders allow you to create your own domain.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Transcender » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:21 pm

Jerme wrote:Some mailproviders allow you to create your own domain.

some website creator tools too.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Bram » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:27 pm

It's actually that the domain used to exist and is a registered domain however the domain is no longer usable. It's owned by a company that was bought by another company. It might actually be easier to just say what email I used than explain it like this anyways. Same problem though. I have the email at the new domain but the one that this account is registered to is that old domain that is unusable. If it's possible to make an email with that domain, I'm pretty sure it isn't but if it is and someone can direct me on how to do that I'll give it a try.
Bram
Witch
Witch

Postby Bram » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:40 am

Of course it would be a lot easier to just have someone fix this issue already it has been 2 months now.
Bram
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:47 am

Bram wrote:Of course it would be a lot easier to just have someone fix this issue already it has been 2 months now.

We've sent another notification to the community manager, not much more we can do at the moment.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bram » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:34 am

Still nothing. So there's one person in charge of all the emails? And it takes over 2 months to fix an issue like a broken email? And nobody on this board has the power to fix this?
Bram
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:48 am

Bram wrote:Still nothing. So there's one person in charge of all the emails? And it takes over 2 months to fix an issue like a broken email? And nobody on this board has the power to fix this?

Yes, there is only one community manager. And there were a lot of incoming e-mails. Technically, your case isn't taking over 2 months to fix, because your e-mails got ignored at first because of the large amount of e-mails you sent, making them spamfiltered by the Devs' inbox. And while the backlog is most certainly unfortunate for everyone who sent an e-mail, you flooding their inbox with a large amount of e-mails definitely did not help.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bram » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:06 pm

I still have yet to receive a response for a seemingly very easy to fix issue in changing the email on my account. The amount of time this has taken is completely unreasonable. There's really no excuse for it taking this long.
Bram
Witch
Witch

Postby PrincessKira » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Bram wrote:I still have yet to receive a response for a seemingly very easy to fix issue in changing the email on my account. The amount of time this has taken is completely unreasonable. There's really no excuse for it taking this long.

At least you were able to get in touch with them. Took me 2 months to realize that such a thing as automated reply even exists. Had to send about 8 messages to finally get an automated reply... arrived a week after sending the message. Only 1 of them. So yeah, good luck, I have basically emailed them with the same request and it has also been over 2 months now. I'm with you on this one.
Joined Oct. 2014 - Master Elo player, not like it means anything nowadays. :)
PrincessKira

Postby Bram » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:26 am

Except they responded on October 7 and it is now December 16 and they have yet to just switch the email from the broken one to one that works. I feel like something like that should take a day to fix but nobody is doing it. Apparently only one person has the access to do this and they've already been pinged to do it and haven't months later? It doesn't make sense.
Bram
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:20 am

I believe your Mails got lost, as they were moved into the spam folder.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bram » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:40 am

I sent an email from another email account that I want the email on the account changed to. It should not be filtered as spam. But even if it was, someone did inform the guy checking these emails and tell them that this was an unresolved issue for months, right?
Bram
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:20 pm

We have done that multiple times.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bram » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:46 pm

This issue is still preventing me from playing the game. I can't post on the ban appeal forums to get my account back because they say I need to post on the account I can't post on because the email is invalid. It has been 4 months+ now.
Bram
Witch
Witch

Postby Bram » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:40 am

I remember someone here said they could change the email on my forums account but not my actual account. If someone could do that and change the domain to @gmail.com so I can actually verify the forums account and post, that might be enough to fix it. It's ridiculous that there's only one person in charge of all the emails and they likely have other work too if they haven't fixed the issue in 4+ months. They have been pinged multiple times to know this problem exists and needs to be fixed and it's a problem that is very easy to fix I Would assume as well if it's just changing one letter in the email account attached to the account. I'll also try DMing whoever it was again... I really need this fixed asap
Bram
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:57 am

Just keep in mind that if/when the ban of your account is valid, then an appeal would lead to nothing as well and gets denied.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Questions