Is this bannable by hate speech?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Is this bannable by hate speech?

Postby nexores » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:26 am

All i said was he has defence to town.

https://imgur.com/ThGq2RC
nexores

Re: Is this bannable by hate speech?

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:29 pm

Moved to Ask Questions (form report players), as this is more a question than something else.
Additionally this did not follow the guideline of how to report a player.

This can be deemed as harassment, I believe. Its passing the border if "light swearing", yet the offense might be light when done only once.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:01 pm

I think context also matters. The rules state that a player irritating another player is taken into account slightly. It doesn’t give people a free pass to be huge assholes, but it does state that in the rules.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Shyyster » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:23 am

SantanaTheSmall wrote: The rules state that a player irritating another player is taken into account slightly.

Not exactly correct, the rules allow for a player to express their frustration since BMG and jurors realize that ToS can lead to moments where people will reach their limit and start swearing or being a bit abrasive to others. The rules doesn't allow for other players to troll/irritate another player within a certain bounds.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:34 am

Shyyster wrote:
SantanaTheSmall wrote: The rules state that a player irritating another player is taken into account slightly.

Not exactly correct, the rules allow for a player to express their frustration since BMG and jurors realize that ToS can lead to moments where people will reach their limit and start swearing or being a bit abrasive to others. The rules doesn't allow for other players to troll/irritate another player within a certain bounds.

That’s what I meant. I just didn’t express it right.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Return to Ask Questions