Can You Appeal Reports that Weren't Deemed Guilty?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Can You Appeal Reports that Weren't Deemed Guilty?

Postby danihaley » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:05 am

I have two reports on my account against me that were closed without judgement, but I am innocent in both cases.

(If anyone cares to know:

1. I was reported by a mafia member for cheating with the jailor. They kept saying that I fake claimed jailor and knew that they were jailed night 1, but I wasn't actually jailor, so I had to be cheating with the jailor. I was an investigator that had checked that mafia member night 1 and seen that they were jailed. I even said that "i am ti, that's how I knew [mafia member] was jailed," yet I got reported for cheating with the jailor, because how else would I have known they were jailed? This was a false accusation; I was unsure if they were actually so stupid (no offense) that they missed the several times where I said I was investigator, or if they were deliberately trying to get me banned because they didn't like me.

2. I was reported for gamethrowing (leaving) as a retributionist for not reviving the jailor. The specific report says "left as retri AFTER jailor died." The first thing I said day 1 was that I was lagging; my game lagged out on day 3 and I left. It showed that the jailor had died RIGHT AFTER I left, meaning I lagged out and left BEFORE it was shown that the jailor died. This, again, was a false report.)

Considering I've done nothing wrong, is there any way to get rid of these reports? It's just annoying having reports against me tethered to my profile when I haven't done anything wrong.

3 Highest Town Role Winrates:
Doctor (98), Jailor (98), Spy (87)

3 Highest Mafia Role Winrates:
Mafioso (60), Godfather (45), Janitor (22)

3 Highest Neutral Role Winrates:
Jester (36), Witch (28), Executioner (22)

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Re: Can You Appeal Reports that Weren't Deemed Guilty?

Postby danihaley » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:52 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:To my knowledge, once a report is filed against you, it remains on your account permanently. No one can have their reports deleted, whether they are guiltied, innoed, exceptioned or closed without judgement.

Permanently? I was hoping that reports at least went away after, like, a year or something. That brings me back to the whole reason I asked this, I guess... why should I have to have false reports tethered to my name forever? How is that fair to me?

I wish there was some way to remove them is all.

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:03 am

The only way to not get false reports is to not play.

If you see the kind of rubbish that people report for in game, you should know that the trial system is filled with a lot of rubbish reports. The stupid thing is, reporting people for making dumb mistakes, out of salt, or for making the play that lost the match doesnt help in getting rid of people that actually go out of their way to break the rules, it just floods the system with a bunch of false reports that the volunteers have to wade through.

Also it isnt against the rules to make a dumb mistake, or make a dumb play that costs the match, its actually just part of the game.....but you go tell people to stop reporting for that.

The report screen needs another option : *I am salty at a play that was made. This way people can have the satisfaction of reporting someone, and the jurors can just skip the report and go to the next one
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:13 am

danihaley wrote:
KatiyaKramer wrote:To my knowledge, once a report is filed against you, it remains on your account permanently. No one can have their reports deleted, whether they are guiltied, innoed, exceptioned or closed without judgement.

Permanently? I was hoping that reports at least went away after, like, a year or something. That brings me back to the whole reason I asked this, I guess... why should I have to have false reports tethered to my name forever? How is that fair to me?

I wish there was some way to remove them is all.

If a report is invalid, it has no baring on your account. Personally not seeing how it is unfair, since it doesn't affect you whatsoever.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby danihaley » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:11 am

Flavorable wrote: If a report is invalid, it has no baring on your account. Personally not seeing how it is unfair, since it doesn't affect you whatsoever.

It does affect me as it's tacked to my name. Anyone who views me on the Trial System can see those reports. In my eyes, it's not about the status of my account, it's the fact that if someone sees me, they'll see I've been reported twice, which makes me feel bad as a person because I've never actually done anything worthy of a report before.

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby danihaley » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:22 am

kyuss420 wrote:If you see the kind of rubbish that people report for in game, you should know that the trial system is filled with a lot of rubbish reports. The stupid thing is, reporting people for making dumb mistakes, out of salt, or for making the play that lost the match doesnt help in getting rid of people that actually go out of their way to break the rules, it just floods the system with a bunch of false reports that the volunteers have to wade through.

Also it isnt against the rules to make a dumb mistake, or make a dumb play that costs the match, its actually just part of the game.....but you go tell people to stop reporting for that.

The report screen needs another option : *I am salty at a play that was made. This way people can have the satisfaction of reporting someone, and the jurors can just skip the report and go to the next one

Hahaha!! I love that.

You're absolutely right; I know false reports are inevitable. I'm really just asking if there's a way to remove false reports. I know they're not as high priority-wise as actual guilty reports, but I just hate that when a person clicks on me in the Trial System, the first thing they'll see is those two reports.

Like, if you're on the trial system judging and there's someone with no reports on that sidebar, it seems like (before going through the chat) they're less likely to actually have committed the "crime" than, say, someone with five reports. But what if those five reports are all false reports? What if that player with five reports is actually a much more decent person and careful player than the one with no reports who's maybe just more experienced or more unlucky?

For me, I've been playing for almost 2 years now and have tried to always be respectful and fair towards others despite the circumstances, and I don't like that these false reports are tacked to my name forever despite how hard I've worked to maintain a clean slate.

I just wish there was a system where someone could plea to remove reports from their account after a while is all.

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:44 am

danihaley wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:If you see the kind of rubbish that people report for in game, you should know that the trial system is filled with a lot of rubbish reports. The stupid thing is, reporting people for making dumb mistakes, out of salt, or for making the play that lost the match doesnt help in getting rid of people that actually go out of their way to break the rules, it just floods the system with a bunch of false reports that the volunteers have to wade through.

Hahaha!! I love that.

You're absolutely right; I know false reports are inevitable. I'm really just asking if there's a way to remove false reports. I know they're not as high priority-wise as actual guilty reports, but I just hate that when a person clicks on me in the Trial System, the first thing they'll see is those two reports.

Like, if you're on the trial system judging and there's someone with no reports on that sidebar, it seems like (before going through the chat) they're less likely to actually have committed the "crime" than, say, someone with five reports. But what if those five reports are all false reports? What if that player with five reports is actually a much more decent person and careful player than the one with no reports who's maybe just more experienced or more unlucky?

For me, I've been playing for almost 2 years now and have tried to always be respectful and fair towards others despite the circumstances, and I don't like that these false reports are tacked to my name forever despite how hard I've worked to maintain a clean slate.

I just wish there was a system where someone could plea to remove reports from their account after a while is all.

Trust me when I say that the judging of reports by jurors is NEVER done based on how many reports a player already has (or doesn't have). If someone judges a report, they judge THAT report, not any of the other ones that are filed on someone.

Another point to be made is that people can't just click on you and see all your reports, someone would have to specifically look you up to check your reports.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby danihaley » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:09 pm

Flavorable wrote:
Trust me when I say that the judging of reports by jurors is NEVER done based on how many reports a player already has (or doesn't have). If someone judges a report, they judge THAT report, not any of the other ones that are filed on someone.

I totally hear you; as an active member of the trial system myself, I do know how it works. What I meant was: whilst someone is judging a report, before they go through the report, seeing someone with 0 reports as opposed to seeing someone with 5 reports gives off two totally different initial vibes. Before going through any report, I tend to assume that someone with less reports is more likely to be innocent whereas someone with more reports probably actually did what they were accused of. This is not how I actually JUDGE judge the reports as you obviously have to go through the report itself; this is just the initial assumption I have.

I'm not suggesting that people will literally judge my prior reports, nor am I suggesting that the reports against me are literally detrimental to my account's status. I'm looking at it on a deeper level. The first thing people will see when they review a report against me are the other reports that have been made, and seeing two reports against me may cause them to initially judge me as a certain type of person/player, regardless of whether or not those reports were deserved. And, for me, it's just hurtful knowing that someone may make an assumption about me because of these reports despite the fact that I, like I said, have worked really hard to maintain a clean slate over the past few years.

I hope that makes it a little easier to understand. I think you've been approaching it on a more, like, how it literally affects the status of my account basis, whereas I'm coming from a more emotional side of things; I don't want false reports tethered to my name. They don't literally affect my account, but I just don't like having them there when they're not deserved.

I just think it would be cool if these kinds of reports went away after a while, or if someone wanted to remove them from their history on their account, they could talk to somebody about it. Guilty reports are one thing, but what's the point of tying not judged/innocent reports to a person's account forever?

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Some not judged reports may serve as history, either for their own wrongdoing, or for someone else's, which could have caused this falsely submitted report.
Keep in mind that the number of invalid reports on an account does not matter, since the reports are checked for validity before they serve as history (when required).
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:43 pm

I have TONS of reports against me.

I don’t care in the slightest. Many of them are for leaving, but that’s a disconnection issue with mobile, so I can’t control that.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby danihaley » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:38 am

Jerme wrote:Some not judged reports may serve as history, either for their own wrongdoing, or for someone else's, which could have caused this falsely submitted report.
Keep in mind that the number of invalid reports on an account does not matter, since the reports are checked for validity before they serve as history (when required).

If the number of reports does not matter, what's the point of keeping them?

I know you say they serve as history, but why is it necessary to have not judged/innocent reports as history? If they're not guilty reports, then I'm not understanding why they're needed for historical purposes as they hold no weight.

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:59 am

danihaley wrote:
Jerme wrote:Some not judged reports may serve as history, either for their own wrongdoing, or for someone else's, which could have caused this falsely submitted report.

I know you say they serve as history, but why is it necessary to have not judged/innocent reports as history? If they're not guilty reports, then I'm not understanding why they're needed for historical purposes as they hold no weight.

Some cases that haven't been judged or voted innocent can still be used to build history for different offenses;harassment, cheating, gamethrowing, etc, where a Judge will have to check through the other reports to see if something is a one time thing or a pattern of behavior. The first example I used harassment is where old reports are looked through to establish if the reported player is harassing a specific person throughout multiple games which is against HS/H rules and will receive a punishment.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby danihaley » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:06 pm

Shyyster wrote:
danihaley wrote:

Some cases that haven't been judged or voted innocent can still be used to build history for different offenses;harassment, cheating, gamethrowing, etc, where a Judge will have to check through the other reports to see if something is a one time thing or a pattern of behavior. The first example I used harassment is where old reports are looked through to establish if the reported player is harassing a specific person throughout multiple games which is against HS/H rules and will receive a punishment.

Good point! You opened my eyes a little; I can definitely understand that and see why those cases could be useful. However, what about false reports? Going back to the root of this topic, the only reports against me are both false reports that henceforth couldn't be used as an indicator of anything else. I'm sure it's the same for other people who have been falsely reported.

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:23 pm

danihaley wrote:
Shyyster wrote:
danihaley wrote:

Good point! You opened my eyes a little; I can definitely understand that and see why those cases could be useful. However, what about false reports? Going back to the root of this topic, the only reports against me are both false reports that henceforth couldn't be used as an indicator of anything else. I'm sure it's the same for other people who have been falsely reported.

If it’s just a few false reports and not all of them, then they’d have to be manually removed, which seems like a waste of time and resources.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Jerme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:06 pm

The bolded question in your latest reply has been already answered in my previosu reply. Please read the bolded part of my quote. I do know the structure of the second bolded part is incorrect, yet I prefer to leave the orginal sentence intact.
danihaley wrote:Good point! You opened my eyes a little; I can definitely understand that and see why those cases could be useful. However, what about false reports? Going back to the root of this topic, the only reports against me are both false reports that henceforth couldn't be used as an indicator of anything else. I'm sure it's the same for other people who have been falsely reported.

Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby danihaley » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:45 pm

I think I see what you're saying: some can serve as history for someone else's wrongdoing. I guess I'm just not understanding how that works for other people, though.

My first report wasn't duped on the person who reported me out of spite, so if there was ever an issue with that person again, how would you even be able to find that specific report where they spite reported me? If I'm ever reported again, you'll see that first report as a previous report against me, but if that person is reported, that first report isn't filed against them so you wouldn't automatically see it and be able to use it as history for that particular player.

How do my false reports serve as history for OTHER players if the reports aren't tied to those other players' profiles as well?

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:48 pm

We can look up reports of others, thus we can check for false reports and how they were incited.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby danihaley » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:58 pm

Jerme wrote:We can look up reports of others, thus we can check for false reports and how they were incited.

I think I understand. So in my first report where I was spite reported, are you able to look into that?

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby danihaley » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:31 am

I'm only asking because I was clearly false reported in that one. But if nothing can be done to the person who false reported me (as you said those kinds of reports could serve as history for them) and if I obviously did nothing wrong, then I don't see why it's necessary as history.

[ https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=2229018 ]

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:43 am

That reprot is currnetly close,d thus one cannot generate a reprot from it, yet it can serve as a future reference.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby danihaley » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:44 am

Jerme wrote:That reprot is currnetly close,d thus one cannot generate a reprot from it, yet it can serve as a future reference.

I'm really not understanding how it can serve as a future reference with what I've said about it. It's a false report against me, where I clearly did nothing wrong, hence you wouldn't need it as history for me. And if you can't do anything to the person who false reported me or link anything from this report back to them, then it doesn't serve any purpose as history for either of us.

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:41 pm

It's developer policy. Nothing we can do about it, nor will we. They don't affect you, there's better things for Devs, Admins and Mods to spend their time on than through read through everyone's existing reports to find out whether or not we might need them for future reference.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Duckferno » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:51 am

No one will judge you because of your reports. By future reference he means that they will help the moderators or judges better decide whether if there was another report, it would help them better to deem it innocent or guilty. It has no effect on you and you're like 1 out of 10,000 players, so no one will care.
Last edited by Duckferno on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Duck has Spoken. Please move Along Now.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Return to Ask Questions