Low FPS?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Low FPS?

Postby RecordPlayer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:03 pm

I'm getting low FPS on the steam version? I have a GTX 1060 6GB, I5 6500, 16 GB RAM. I've watched videos of gameplay on YouTube and there getting silky smooth FPS and was wondering how. I have downloaded the latest version of adobe air and verified integrity files / reinstalled.
RecordPlayer

Re: Low FPS?

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:56 pm

How much fps do you have, if I may know?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RecordPlayer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:30 am

Jerme wrote:How much fps do you have, if I may know?

Nvidia wont show the FPS for some reason but its low enough to affect my typing speed making it very slow when trying to do my will and chat. I don't know if that normal or not but it's the only problem I seem to have trouble with.
RecordPlayer

Postby Descender » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:35 am

if you are getting bad fps on a game like this, something might be up because my 2010 PC with a graphics card which is probably older runs it smoothly. How do other games run? Have you checked your task manager while playing to see if anything is using alot of disk/cpu as things like chrome and discord have known to have leakages, chrome's being able to stop the desktop running, nevermind tos running smoothly.
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby RecordPlayer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:06 am

Helicooler wrote:if you are getting bad fps on a game like this, something might be up because my 2010 PC with a graphics card which is probably older runs it smoothly. How do other games run? Have you checked your task manager while playing to see if anything is using alot of disk/cpu as things like chrome and discord have known to have leakages, chrome's being able to stop the desktop running, nevermind tos running smoothly.

I use edge not chrome lol, I'm to hip jk. I'm able to run games like Ark, skyrim, etc. Looking at task manager it seems my system is running quite smoothly but still experience very slow typing and scrolling for some reason. The problem seems to be on my end so ill just try to optimize it as much as possible, defrag my system, or if not ill just continue playing as is because its very playable anyway, thanks for the help though.
https://imgur.com/a/AJlXzZ2
RecordPlayer

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:13 am

If you have typing lag, I suggest the following:

- Make sure your drivers and OS are up to date.
- Turn off ALL overlays (Steam, nVidia, Discord, e.t.c.)
- Disable custom skins, pets, maps, e.t.c.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Descender » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:35 am

RecordPlayer wrote:
Helicooler wrote:if you are getting bad fps on a game like this, something might be up because my 2010 PC with a graphics card which is probably older runs it smoothly. How do other games run? Have you checked your task manager while playing to see if anything is using alot of disk/cpu as things like chrome and discord have known to have leakages, chrome's being able to stop the desktop running, nevermind tos running smoothly.

I use edge not chrome lol, I'm to hip jk. I'm able to run games like Ark, skyrim, etc. Looking at task manager it seems my system is running quite smoothly but still experience very slow typing and scrolling for some reason. The problem seems to be on my end so ill just try to optimize it as much as possible, defrag my system, or if not ill just continue playing as is because its very playable anyway, thanks for the help though.
https://imgur.com/a/AJlXzZ2

typing lag is usually caused by an unstable/weak internet connection. Do you use wifi or do you have a physical connection?
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Jerme » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:38 am

You could also increase the games priority via Task manager, this will reduce the typing lag.
The chatlag is not caused by bad FPS
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions