Why is retard now hard filtered?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Why is retard now hard filtered?

Postby LordShino » Fri May 19, 2023 9:47 am

Why is this word now hard-filtered? It means idiot.
LordShino
Jester
Jester

Re: Why is retard now hard filtered?

Postby Flavorable » Fri May 19, 2023 1:31 pm

Then just say idiot instead. :)
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LordShino » Fri May 19, 2023 3:07 pm

Flavorable wrote:Then just say idiot instead. :)

That's the same thing as saying to use confident instead of assured. Both means the same thing, doesn't mean I don't have a right to use either, so why is it now hard filtered, since you didn't actually answer the question?
LordShino
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Fri May 19, 2023 4:35 pm

Because we decided it's not a word the majority of people are comfortable with. And considering it doesn't hurt anyone by being blocked, but it does hurt people when it's not blocked, it's an easy choice to make.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LordShino » Sat May 20, 2023 6:35 pm

Flavorable wrote:Because we decided it's not a word the majority of people are comfortable with. And considering it doesn't hurt anyone by being blocked, but it does hurt people when it's not blocked, it's an easy choice to make.

It definitely hurts me for being blocked since I cannot use my favorite word! Like seriously, I've been using this word on TOS since 2016, if people are snowflakes, they shouldn't be playing this game in the first place.
LordShino
Jester
Jester

Postby CooterScooter » Tue May 23, 2023 8:36 pm

It's a word man, not a big deal. As much as you apparently love it, it does not mean idiot, they are not the same thing, and a low motor-control game like this one probably has a community with several members who take legitimate offense to that word.
CooterScooter

Postby LordShino » Wed May 24, 2023 6:08 pm

CooterScooter wrote:It's a word man, not a big deal. As much as you apparently love it, it does not mean idiot, they are not the same thing, and a low motor-control game like this one probably has a community with several members who take legitimate offense to that word.

If it's just a word then I don't see the problem with it being filtered, funny enough they unfiltered the word Fine Person of the Female Variety. I wonder why
LordShino
Jester
Jester

Postby cheeseandtomatos » Thu May 25, 2023 9:44 pm

LordShino wrote: If it's just a word then I don't see the problem with it being filtered

The n-word is "just a word" too, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be filtered...
sometimes when my mother isn't home i go into the backyard, bury myself, and pretend i am a carrot

I sometimes go as burn
cheeseandtomatos
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LordShino » Mon May 29, 2023 8:58 pm

cheeseandtomatos wrote:
LordShino wrote: If it's just a word then I don't see the problem with it being filtered

Well I am black and I will say it's just a word so.... I won't be offended if a white person called me it.
LordShino
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Tue May 30, 2023 12:53 am

LordShino wrote:
cheeseandtomatos wrote:

Well I am black and I will say it's just a word so.... I won't be offended if a white person called me it.

Luckily for other people, the game nor the word revolve solely around you.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LordShino » Tue May 30, 2023 6:06 am

Flavorable wrote:
LordShino wrote:
cheeseandtomatos wrote:

Luckily for other people, the game nor the word revolve solely around you.

Don't worry madam, you were already out of the convo a while ago. For years I've known you and you still have the same stuck up, arrogant attitude. Sad to see.

With that, that's it for me replying to this post, no point speaking to someone like you. Cheers!
LordShino
Jester
Jester

Postby Darkness3827 » Wed May 31, 2023 11:21 am

LordShino wrote:
Flavorable wrote:Because we decided it's not a word the majority of people are comfortable with. And considering it doesn't hurt anyone by being blocked, but it does hurt people when it's not blocked, it's an easy choice to make.

It definitely hurts me for being blocked since I cannot use my favorite word! Like seriously, I've been using this word on TOS since 2016, if people are snowflakes, they shouldn't be playing this game in the first place.

If you're legitimately that upset about not being able to use a word in chat, you're the snowflake. Grow the f up and move on. It's a non-issue.
Darkness3827
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LordShino » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:46 pm

Darkness3827 wrote:
LordShino wrote:

If you're legitimately that upset about not being able to use a word in chat, you're the snowflake. Grow the f up and move on. It's a non-issue.

If you're legitimately that upset about being offended by a word in chat, you're the snowflake. Grow the f up and move on. It's a non-issue.
LordShino
Jester
Jester

Return to Ask Questions