Postby mustiboi999 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:18 am

I worry they will drive me to quit a game I love aka this one
how could I prevent that
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Re: I worry about toxic players

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:57 am

Sadly you can't, unless you get other 14 trustworthy people to make a party with you.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:18 pm

Don't play Ranked

Source: Have played Ranked
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby mustiboi999 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:44 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Sadly you can't, unless you get other 14 trustworthy people to make a party with you.

So how do I deal with them and prevent them from ruining my experience in game
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:16 pm

You can't prevent them from ruining your experience. If you encounter them, you can report them. As long as someone else reports them too for the same reason, a report will be generated and sent to the trial system. There, jurors (that is, common players with at least 150 games played who volunteer to vote on reports) will decide wheter the reported player broke a rule or not. If most jurors vote guilty, a judge will make sure the report is valid and punish that person by suspending them. Each suspension will be longer than the previous one, and if someone is found guilty 4 times they will be banned instead. If they are guilty of bigotry, they will be banned immediately. This process usually takes a month for GT reports, and less for inappropiate ingame names or hate speech/harassment.

If you want the game to become a better place, I advise you to become a juror once you have 150 games played.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Descender » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:02 pm

Joacgroso wrote:You can't prevent them from ruining your experience. If you encounter them, you can report them. As long as someone else reports them too for the same reason, a report will be generated and sent to the trial system. There, jurors (that is, common players with at least 150 games played who volunteer to vote on reports) will decide wheter the reported player broke a rule or not. If most jurors vote guilty, a judge will make sure the report is valid and punish that person by suspending them. Each suspension will be longer than the previous one, and if someone is found guilty 4 times they will be banned instead. If they are guilty of bigotry, they will be banned immediately. This process usually takes a month for GT reports, and less for inappropiate ingame names or hate speech/harassment.

If you want the game to become a better place, I advise you to become a juror once you have 150 games played.

to be honest, general toxicity is not banned anyways, its not easy for anyone to get banned without complete blatancy
however revealing the vip under any circumstances is guilty for some reason??
probably not the best idea to make it seem like trial will fix all their issues, its pretty flawed with the ruleset in place and thats not something you can change as a juror (except innocenting guilty reports that arent that bad)

if you want to play mafia without toxicity, tos is probably not the place
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:49 pm

I know that, I was just answering his question of what to do against toxic players.

Having more jurors will still make the game better, anyway.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby SatouKai » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:54 pm

Unfortunately, most of this is an issue you have to go through personally with many games like this. I've found it's helpful to end sessions on a good note! That is, end your series of rounds after you've had a nice game. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, just that you feel happy or amused in some way after a game ends and don't feel upset while shutting it down.

I've found playing certain game modes also helps. Avoid true classic games (classic/ranked/ranked practice in classic game mode) at all costs if you're feeling down, haha. There will always be toxic players in any game from League of Legends to multiplayer Tetris. The best way to deal with them is to keep in mind that they don't control your experience and feelings towards the game itself. Playing in parties (without cheating, of course) also helps. Playing alongside some people you know at least gives you a small community to talk about potential bad events of the game with and gain support for any targeted attacks.
~共秋(Gongqiu)/Dexter [SatouKai on ToS]
SatouKai
Executioner
Executioner

Postby mustiboi999 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:21 am

SatouKai wrote:Unfortunately, most of this is an issue you have to go through personally with many games like this. I've found it's helpful to end sessions on a good note! That is, end your series of rounds after you've had a nice game. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, just that you feel happy or amused in some way after a game ends and don't feel upset while shutting it down.

I've found playing certain game modes also helps. Avoid true classic games (classic/ranked/ranked practice in classic game mode) at all costs if you're feeling down, haha. There will always be toxic players in any game from League of Legends to multiplayer Tetris. The best way to deal with them is to keep in mind that they don't control your experience and feelings towards the game itself. Playing in parties (without cheating, of course) also helps. Playing alongside some people you know at least gives you a small community to talk about potential bad events of the game with and gain support for any targeted attacks.

Thanks because I got worried seeing other people leave the game because of these people and I was worried I would have to leave because of them
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Return to Town of Salem Discussion