Would this be game throwing?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Would this be game throwing?

Postby MrTailbone » Sat May 15, 2021 8:58 pm

I was in a scenario recently that sounds to me like its game throwing but I am not sure.

Its all any, and there is 1 maf, a witch, a surv, an exe, and a townie. the townie leaves the game for some reason, so maf would win along with the neutrals the next day. The only problem is that the neutrals all band together and vote out the maf even though they didn't have to. I was looking around and can't find anywhere that says something like this isn't a throw or some other reportable offence, but it totally feels wrong. I get that neutrals don't have to side with town or mafia, but denying a whole team a win just for fun is a jerk move. Anyone have an answer?
MrTailbone

Re: Would this be game throwing?

Postby Joacgroso » Sat May 15, 2021 9:34 pm

What those neutrals did was a dick move, but it was definitely not gamethrowing. Gamethrowing is defined as intentionally working against your (team's) win condition. Since they had already won/lost, what they did didn't matter.

In case you ever wonder wheter something is gamethrowing or not, I advice you to remember that the ONLY things that are punished as gamethrowing are:
-Admitting that you are trying to lose.
-Exposing your team members as mafia/coven/vampire (bussing doesn't count).
-Intentionally getting your lover killed.
-Killing a revealed mayor as town, unless he was gamethrowing or there was a chance the mayor was a vampire.

Literally everything else will go unpunished.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kyuss420 » Sun May 16, 2021 2:04 am

however, if the maf banded the nutrals together to vote off the witch, it would of been reportable as harassment
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby ScarfVendetta » Sun May 16, 2021 6:26 am

If they admitted that they were only hanging them "for the lolz" or solely to deny them a win, that'd be considered harassment.

kyuss420 wrote:however, if the maf banded the nutrals together to vote off the witch, it would of been reportable as harassment

I'd say this situation might be more justifiable, assuming that it's a Mafioso in play rather than a Godfather. Witch has the capability to kill the Mafioso "for the lolz" so the Mafioso might decide their safest move is to lynch the Witch. Still harsh, but arguably rational.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:41 am

No, that's not throwing. Neutrals are allowed to side with whoever they want, and even maf hanging in that situation is still a town loss, thus meaning witch isn't acting against their goal either. Everyone is following the rules there.

Joacgroso wrote:Literally everything else will go unpunished.

Lol trying to list every throwing situation isn't easy. How about "Refusing to vote when doing so is the only possible way to help your faction?"
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:13 am

PleaseReadSiege wrote:Lol trying to list every throwing situation isn't easy. How about "Refusing to vote when doing so is the only possible way to help your faction?"

I've seen people get away with that despite being reported. And no, it wasn't one of their first 10 games.

As long as it's possible to assume they are too stupid to count, or that they accidentaly disconnected without leaving the game, they won't be punished.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby James2 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:08 pm

MrTailbone wrote:I was in a scenario recently that sounds to me like its game throwing but I am not sure.

Its all any, and there is 1 maf, a witch, a surv, an exe, and a townie. the townie leaves the game for some reason, so maf would win along with the neutrals the next day. The only problem is that the neutrals all band together and vote out the maf even though they didn't have to. I was looking around and can't find anywhere that says something like this isn't a throw or some other reportable offence, but it totally feels wrong. I get that neutrals don't have to side with town or mafia, but denying a whole team a win just for fun is a jerk move. Anyone have an answer?

That is not gamethrowing. The neutral are not required to give the mafia a free win (nor vice versa).

I've seen some mods claim that they'd suspend players for not giving out free wins, but there are no published rules to this effect.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Ask Questions