Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being done?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being done?

Postby mrboziffer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:19 pm

You can't play anymore without at least 1 person fake jailor claiming every, single, game. TPs and LOs don't know who to go on so town almost always loses. Then you have fake jailor claims from people who do nothing but buy Vet scrolls and try to kill as many TP/LOs as possible.

What's being done to combat this?
mrboziffer
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:02 pm

Honestly, nothing.
What can be done against that? There are lots of bad players out there.
I suppose you're implying what they do is gamethrowing, but according to the current rules it isn't unless they admit they are trying to lose. The only way to combat this is by adding more gamethrowing rules (like the Syanna rule) to prevent abuse of this strategies.
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!
If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support my suggestion about private lobbies!It would definitely increase the playerbase.
User avatar
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3026
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:09 pm

Don’t interfere. Let the Jailor handle it.

If Mafia kills the real Jailor, flame the fuck out of the Vet.
Certified Goop God
Spoiler: Also known as;
Goop, Goopy, Gooped, Goopster, Goopioso, Gooped Out, Gooper, Goopfather, Goopilante, Goopvestigator,
Goop Time, Goopmailer, Goop Master, Goop Gospel, Goop Troop, Gooper Trooper, Goop Coup, Coup De Goop, and more.


Least favorite role: Disguiser
Favorite role: Guardian Angel
Best suggestion: Alliances
FM record
User avatar
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am
Location: Bama

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby mrboziffer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:17 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Honestly, nothing.
What can be done against that? There are lots of bad players out there.
I suppose you're implying what they do is gamethrowing, but according to the current rules it isn't unless they admit they are trying to lose. The only way to combat this is by adding more gamethrowing rules (like the Syanna rule) to prevent abuse of this strategies.


How about giving bans to players who blatantly claim jailor every single game? There's 3-4 people I see CONSTANTLY when I play who name themselves "Jailor" then claim jailor no matter what. It fucks the entire game up and they have yet to be banned because I keep seeing the exact same fucking players.
mrboziffer
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby mrboziffer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:18 pm

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:Don’t interfere. Let the Jailor handle it.

If Mafia kills the real Jailor, flame the fuck out of the Vet.



Yeah flaming isn't going to change anything. Relying on the jailor to get rid of the fake doesn't work because TPLO go on the fake or the real jailor is forced to claim when they didn't want to.
mrboziffer
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:03 pm

mrboziffer wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:Honestly, nothing.
What can be done against that? There are lots of bad players out there.
I suppose you're implying what they do is gamethrowing, but according to the current rules it isn't unless they admit they are trying to lose. The only way to combat this is by adding more gamethrowing rules (like the Syanna rule) to prevent abuse of this strategies.


How about giving bans to players who blatantly claim jailor every single game? There's 3-4 people I see CONSTANTLY when I play who name themselves "Jailor" then claim jailor no matter what. It fucks the entire game up and they have yet to be banned because I keep seeing the exact same fucking players.

That's why I wish the Syanna rule was still in place. But it isn't, so nothing can be done about them.

"Letting the jailor handle it" doesn't work because most of the time this people are throwing townies.

PS: Jailors can kill their target even if they are protected, since jailors deal unstoppable attacks while most protectives give powerful defense, which is weaker. The only way to prevent a jailor execution is by roleblocking the jailor, witching him into someone who isn't his prisoner, or protecting the prisoner as a guardian angel.
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!
If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support my suggestion about private lobbies!It would definitely increase the playerbase.
User avatar
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3026
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby cob709 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:56 pm

I was escort and fakeclaimed jailor N1

I visited veteran, and was healed by doctor
We confirmed 3 players by doing this.

This isn't a problem, it's a strategy.
Try to accept other playstyles, instead of criticizing them and being toxic.
hi friends
User avatar
cob709
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby Brilliand » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:16 pm

cob709 wrote:I was escort and fakeclaimed jailor N1

I visited veteran, and was healed by doctor
We confirmed 3 players by doing this.


How did you identify the Veteran to pull this off?
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
User avatar
Brilliand
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby cob709 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:33 pm

Brilliand wrote:
cob709 wrote:I was escort and fakeclaimed jailor N1

I visited veteran, and was healed by doctor
We confirmed 3 players by doing this.


How did you identify the Veteran to pull this off?

They claimed doctor Day 1.
hi friends
User avatar
cob709
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:46 am

mrboziffer wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:Honestly, nothing.
What can be done against that? There are lots of bad players out there.
I suppose you're implying what they do is gamethrowing, but according to the current rules it isn't unless they admit they are trying to lose. The only way to combat this is by adding more gamethrowing rules (like the Syanna rule) to prevent abuse of this strategies.


How about giving bans to players who blatantly claim jailor every single game? There's 3-4 people I see CONSTANTLY when I play who name themselves "Jailor" then claim jailor no matter what. It fucks the entire game up and they have yet to be banned because I keep seeing the exact same fucking players.


rule #347 - You cannot claim jailor as any role.

Yea, nah isnt gonna happen mate....

*logs in to ToS... ''Your account has been banned because you claimed Jailor''

Also,jailor doesnt have to out themselves, they can jail the fake claimer n1, all the TPs will receive the message ''your ability failed because your target was jailed''. That would send enough red flags to get the guy lynched day 2
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:38 am

The problem is that they are usually throwing townies or jesters at best.

cob709 wrote:They claimed doctor Day 1.

Why would you roleblock the doctor claim who was supposed to be on you?
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!
If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support my suggestion about private lobbies!It would definitely increase the playerbase.
User avatar
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3026
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby cob709 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:51 pm

Joacgroso wrote:The problem is that they are usually throwing townies or jesters at best.

cob709 wrote:They claimed doctor Day 1.

Why would you roleblock the doctor claim who was supposed to be on you?

They weren't doctor, they were veteran.
hi friends
User avatar
cob709
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby TheUltimateCake » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:20 am

But they didn't claim Veteran. Why would you RB a Doc claim N1, when they never claimed Veteran?
TheUltimateCake
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:07 pm

Re: Fake jailor claims are ruining this game. What's being d

Postby cob709 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:35 pm

TheUltimateCake wrote:But they didn't claim Veteran. Why would you RB a Doc claim N1, when they never claimed Veteran?

Because the real doctor healed me, and it confirmed all three of us.
hi friends
User avatar
cob709
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am


Return to Ask Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kyuss420, mipking and 2 guests