How do reports work?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

How do reports work?

Postby TeemuLabura » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:11 am

I don't know if this is the right place, but I wanted to say something... I've asked Bot to tell me all my reports, and it listed a few.

I'm not sure if all those report accumulate toward a ban or how does that work? Does anyone actually look at those, but the fact that bot listed em for me bothers me because most of them are BS.

I will list some of the funniest ones I've been reported for:

A) Two in-game names Samuel Parris and Samuel Sewall. I was "Sam Sewall", and "Sam Parris" types: "gtfo ni**ers" (something along those line) - I get the report for that, a totally different person.

B) In a game I was afk I get reported for a hate speech and harassment... in a game I was afk??? There was somebody named "jew" in that game, I guess when someone typed my in-game name "Baron" and his in a same sentence it counts as a hate speech for me... what? Again, I was afk.

C) I am mafia, pretend to be afk so I don't have to respond to a town... mafia [we] won in the end. Obviously, I wasn't afk, as I was communicating with my guys throughout the entire game, and I get reported by a town member for gamethrowing for being afk, in a game I wasn't afk, wasn't town, and won for my team.

D) And my favorite... for the lolz, I name myself "Game Thrower", bunch of reports... yet none of those game I game throw, won most of em. Like does anyone care to take a look at those reports or how does that work? Just cuz I name myself that, doesn't mean I'm throwing as I clearly didn't - which can be easily checked in any log of those games.
TeemuLabura

Re: How do reports work?

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Just because you were reported for these reasons doesn't mean they went into effect. Check if your reports were deemed guilty before assuming Jurors do not do their job properly. To answer your question, Yes people do check reports.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: How do reports work?

Postby Jerme » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:24 pm

The reports are seen by at least 9 people, if not more, who determine if the reproted player broke the rules they got accused of, or not.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions