[GAME] Why was my account suspended?

Search here before posting your questions

[GAME] Why was my account suspended?

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed May 13, 2015 12:25 am

Due to the recent influx of banned and suspended users asking why they were banned/suspended, I figured it's about time to explain further about how suspensions work, and how they are different from bans.

What are Suspensions?
Account Suspensions have always been a server command, however they were recently given to other Administrator staff. The command allows any Administrator to suspend accounts. This will boot you from your current game, lobby, etc. (if applicable) and alert everyone in the game, lobby, etc. (if applicable) that you have been suspended (and if applicable, booted from the game, lobby, etc). When you refresh and try to login, you will be told you have been suspended for an X amount of time.

Why was I suspended?
The short answer is: You broke the rules. Somehow, someway, you broke the rules, and got reported for it. The Developers and the Admin team looked through the reports and you happened to come across their desks as they sifted through the reports. They looked to validate the report, and decided it was a valid report, and gave you a suspension. Suspensions are temporary, so instead of being permanently banned, you're being suspended, which is better than being permanently banned. If you dont' want the second suspension (or a ban, depending on the severity of the rules you broke), then be sure to read the rules listed in the Terms of Use Agreement, Section V: Code of Conduct.

How are they different from Bans?
Sometimes users do things and they are reported for it. Not all those things require a ban for the reasons they were reported for. (Continued spamming, cheating, etc.) Users who go around throwing racial slurs and similar things are more likely to receive a ban for their behavior, rather than a suspension. A user who has been reported several times for spamming, now, instead of being banned after certain amount of reports, they will be suspended. Suspensions are temporary, and they can be seen as temporary bans, rather than the alternative, permanent bans.

How long do the suspensions last?
This depends on how many times you've been suspended. You really only get two chances to get your act together. The first time the Suspend command is used on your account, you will be suspended for 1 Day (or 24 hours). Once that time has run up, or if you're unlucky, and you're found in another report in the mean time, and you get suspended again, this time your account will be suspended for 3 Days (or 72 hours). The third time the Suspend command is ran on your account, you will get suspended for 7 Days (1 week or 168 hours), and a fourth time will unfortunately result in a ban placed on your account. It's basically following the principle of 'Three Chances'. After the third, get in trouble again, and you will be gone. This ban will be permanent, unlike your previous three suspensions. (Or one or two, if you were unlucky to have the command ran twice or three times during your first suspension, whether you were aware of the first one or not.)

Can I appeal my suspension?
You may, if it is invalid. If it has validity (meaning it wasn't a mistake), you cannot. If you feel like this was a mistake, please post in the Appeals section.

Do suspensions ever get reset?
At the current moment, no, suspensions are not ever reset. If you get one suspension, you will have that one suspension two years from now. They will stack. This may or may not change in the future.

Why does my suspension read 100+ hours when it's the first time I have been suspended?
The reason for this is due to the Suspend command being ran more than once for your account, or you have previous suspensions you overlooked in the past, prior to having your suspension start on the next login. Used to, you'd not even know you were suspended by skipping a day of play.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions