[GENERAL] How Do I Reset My Password? (Updated)

Search here before posting your questions

[GENERAL] How Do I Reset My Password? (Updated)

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:32 am

Hello Townies! This FAQ will be covering how to change your password, or generating a new password if you've forgotten your current password!

How to Change Your Current Password
To change your current password to one of your chosing, you will need to be logged in and go to the User Control Panel.

You then need to navigate the left panel, going to 'Profile' and selecting 'Edit Account Settings'.

Once you're on the account settings page, you need to click on the 'Reset My Password' link.

Once you've clicked the link, it'll take you to the website, where you must fill out your username and email. You also must complete the reCaptcha below the fields before clicking the 'Request Password Reset' button below them all.

You will get an email from the noreply@blankmediagames.com alias, with the title "Town of Salem Password Reset". This will give you a link that will take you to another page where you can create your own password. Once you enter your new password, confirm your password, and complete the reCaptcha, click 'Change Password' and it will set it to your new password!

Question Time!
Q. What do I do if I don't see the email?
A. You should give it a few minutes. Double-check your spam folder if it still isn't in your Inbox, and make sure you filter noreply@blankmediagames.com to allow it through your email filters. Should you not get it still, attempt to re-send it. The server might have ran into an issue and needs it to be done again.

Q. Why does it say it could not read the Captcha response?
A. It's usually due to browser issues. Please clear your cache and cookies, and attempt to retry the reCaptcha.

Q. Why am I getting stuck on 'Verifying Account'?
A. This is most likely due to the separation of the forum and game databases. You need to follow the above steps to reset and change your password, then attempt to login again and it should work. Note: You most likely need to do both. Don't just reset, make sure you change it as well via the link in the email, or chances are you'll have to reset again, and then change it.

Q. What characters can I not include in my password.
A. You cannot use &, ', ", <, or >.

If you're having issues with resetting your account, make a post in our Bug Report forum, and if we cannot assist you there, please send in a ticket to the Developers via support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com and they'll be able to help you further!
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [GENERAL] How Do I Reset My Password? (Updated)

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:52 pm

FAQ Update: Addressed the 'Verifying Account' issues currently plaguing users in regards to password resets.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [GENERAL] How Do I Reset My Password? (Updated)

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:56 am

UPDATE: Added new support email in-case we cannot assist you here on the forum.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions