Live patch 0.7.3

All patch notes are archived here.

Live patch 0.7.3

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Hey Townies!

We snuck in some recent updates! These include the new login page, the headless horseman and awarding 5 Town Points for a loss and 10 Town Points for a win. You still get the 25 Town Points for the first win of the day which will total to 35 Town Points for your first win!
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Re: Live patch 0.7.3

Postby Arckas » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:38 pm

Only just sneak in what every player has been wanting since the point system came out. :D

Spoiler: [simg=200,300]http://i.imgur.com/vebgoXe.gif[/simg]
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks for the update Josh. Much appreciated. :)
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Salense » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:48 pm

Another great update (party)
Salense
Patron
Patron

Postby princessbinas » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:20 am

Sweet one Josh! :D
Spoiler: Names Used:
*Deidara *Dani Phantom
*Tobi *Naruto
*Sakura *Peridot
*North Italy *XANA
*Odd Della Robbia
*Shippo *Inuyasha
*Ben Ten *Castiel

Fave Roles:
*Arsonist *Vampire
*Jester *Survivor

(/_
(°\〉,Art is a bang, un!
/ @ \
princessbinas
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Richcash » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:10 pm

I think the current front page looks unprofessional and doesn't fit the feel of the current art style.

It just feels out of placed and the blood splats don't fit the feel of the game.

The previous version was much better.

While I like more town points, I don't think you should give MORE of them out. Its relatively easy for me to earn TP just with the daily win. Then again, I play a ridiculous amount...

Really looking forward to the Ranked Game and to the Scrolls

PS. PLEASE DON'T MAKE SCROLLS A LIMITED USE ITEM. I WANT TO PLAY A LOT OF JESTER/EXE/MEDIUM
Richcash

Postby Nellyfox » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:12 pm

Richcash wrote:PS. PLEASE DON'T MAKE SCROLLS A LIMITED USE ITEM. I WANT TO PLAY A LOT OF JESTER/EXE/MEDIUM

I'm pretty sure scrolls are one time use.
Can always spend your extra TP on that!
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby TurdPile » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:10 pm

Richcash wrote:I think the current front page looks unprofessional and doesn't fit the feel of the current art style.

It just feels out of placed and the blood splats don't fit the feel of the game.

While I like more town points, I don't think you should give MORE of them out. Its relatively easy for me to earn TP just with the daily win. Then again, I play a ridiculous amount...

PS. PLEASE DON'T MAKE SCROLLS A LIMITED USE ITEM. I WANT TO PLAY A LOT OF JESTER/EXE/MEDIUM

Personally, I agree. I dislike the splash image on the login screen (the reaper). Although I completely disagree with the blood splatter.... how is that NOT part of the game (cough, mafia, cough).
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby chitownmvp01 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:12 pm

TurdPile wrote:
Richcash wrote:I think the current front page looks unprofessional and doesn't fit the feel of the current art style.

Personally, I agree. I dislike the splash image on the login screen (the reaper). Although I completely disagree with the blood splatter.... how is that NOT part of the game (cough, mafia, cough).

I agree as well. I don't like the advertisements on the sides, it doesn't look professional as well. I definitely think they should change it back to the old one or make the current one look more professional.
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Richcash » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:22 pm

TurdPile wrote:

Blood is fine. But if you look at examples of blood IN GAME, they look vastly different than the on the front page.

The blood on the death notes are simple red blobs and death by the falling rock is also the same style

This blood is too realistic and just doesn't fit with the cartoony art style.

Edit: Also, really? You made all new forums members have the "noob" tag? Kinda demeaning...
Richcash

Postby Teskeyben » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:06 am

Richcash wrote:
TurdPile wrote:

Blood is fine. But if you look at examples of blood IN GAME, they look vastly different than the on the front page.

The blood on the death notes are simple red blobs and death by the falling rock is also the same style

Edit: Also, really? You made all new forums members have the "noob" tag? Kinda demeaning...

What, realistic blood isn't cool anymore?

Also, how is it demeaning to call people new to the forums Noobs? It's not meant to be taken seriously...
Teskeyben
Patron
Patron

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:46 am

Teskeyben wrote:
Richcash wrote:
TurdPile wrote:

What, realistic blood isn't cool anymore?

Also, how is it demeaning to call people new to the forums Noobs? It's not meant to be taken seriously...

You have to remember, there are people in this world who take EVERYTHING seriously.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Naru2008 wrote:You have to remember, there are people in this world who take EVERYTHING seriously.

I couldn't agree more.

chitownmvp01 wrote:I agree as well. I don't like the advertisements on the sides, it doesn't look professional as well. I definitely think they should change it back to the old one or make the current one look more professional.

The advertising is what allows TP to be earned after every game. Because of those ads, I've noticed myself and many other players staying in games longer, or until the end, just to get some points (even if we died on the first night). I see no issue with them.
~ Be Creative. ~ Have a Potato! ~
RGeezy911
Donor
Donor

Postby Doobledore » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Huh, never would have thought that they were going to add a system for TP for losing and winning. This is great, it makes everyone want to play more, because they have something to look forward to. GJ devs ;)
Doobledore
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Gobln » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:15 pm

Thanks devs!
Gobln
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Quazimortal » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:18 pm

Has the extra town points for losing or winning gone live yet? If so, I'm not getting them.
"The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace. That is the mind of God." ~ Michio Kaku
Quazimortal
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Doobledore » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Quazimortal wrote:Has the extra town points for losing or winning gone live yet? If so, I'm not getting them.

I believe they have, but I'll check with the devs. Try clearing your cache in the mean time. :)
Doobledore
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby TwitchCattz » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Doobledore wrote:I believe they have, but I'll check with the devs. Try clearing your cache in the mean time. :)

They did Wednesday, Doobledore. I can confirm that.
Always called Vinyl Scratch these days.

I enjoy playing Town of Salem, but will never risk a ban to do what others think is right that I know is wrong.
TwitchCattz
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Doobledore » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:40 pm

According to TurdPile it is server side, not cache. Either you did get the points, and you didn't count them correctly, or the game bugged. Try another game and see what happens :)
Doobledore
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Quazimortal » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:44 pm

I cleared my cache and played another game and got the points correctly, but not the points from the game before. Not a big deal missing out on 5 points mind you, just wanted you guys to know something was messing with them.
"The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace. That is the mind of God." ~ Michio Kaku
Quazimortal
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Doobledore » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Quazimortal wrote:I cleared my cache and played another game and got the points correctly, but not the points from the game before. Not a big deal missing out on 5 points mind you, just wanted you guys to know something was messing with them.

If it happens again, feel free to post again, and we'll figure it out :)
Doobledore
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby BirdyThePhoenix » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:15 pm

This is actually pretty good, since it makes it less likely for people to leave because you have points to look forward to in the end :)
My discord is Birdy The Phoenix#5902
BirdyThePhoenix
In memory of...
In memory of...

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:08 pm

I'd also like to bring up that an update (albeit, small) was pushed live today by Josh, updating the name filter, giving it a little bit of loving. :3

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Arckas » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:11 pm

Naru2008 wrote:I'd also like to bring up that an update (albeit, small) was pushed live today by Josh, updating the name filter, giving it a little bit of loving. :3

Any patch note you can tell us Naru, like what names are banned?
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:16 pm

No, I was moderating a stream with a KickStarter donator and Josh happened to mention he was pushing a change live. I'm guessing it was in response to someone spamming the N-word, but replacing the uppercase vowel 'i' with a lower-case 'L'.

Whether he included others, I am not sure.

The user also prompted a System-Wide message by Blake as a reminder that racial slurs such as the ones they were spamming was an instant perma-ban, and they stopped in their tracks, needless to say.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Patch Notes