What will blank do in 2020?

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

What will blank do in 2020?

Postby GODRABBIT » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:36 am

For some context adobe flash player (what town of salem uses.) will shut down in 2020, as announced by adobe themselfs. (read more about it HERE.) and i'm just curious what will blank media games do? will it shut down?, convert to other platforms?
i'm unsure what will other flash games will do, like newgrounds games and many others. i'm, and i am sure many others hope town of salem wont shut down. as quoted by them(skip past the underlined text to skip the paraphrase) "But as open standards like HTML5, WebGL and WebAssembly have matured over the past several years, most now provide many of the capabilities and functionalities that plugins pioneered and have become a viable alternative for content on the web." and "Given this progress, and in collaboration with several of our technology partners – including Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla – Adobe is planning to end-of-life Flash. Specifically, we will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020 and encourage content creators to migrate any existing Flash content to these new open formats." and i'm worried as we inch closer and closer to 2020.
GODRABBIT

Re: What will blank do in 2020?

Postby Transcender » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:38 am

we are currently moving to unity, with the beta coming out soon. It has been delayed a few times tho.

(this should maybe be in ask questions)
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby GODRABBIT » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:40 am

Google wrote:we are currently moving to unity, with the beta coming out soon. It has been delayed a few times tho.

(this should maybe be in ask questions)

Thanks for the response. i will make sure to post there next time
GODRABBIT

Postby fwogcarf » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:36 pm

Unity's gonna come out in 2022 I'm calling it now
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Transcender » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:47 am

fwogcarf wrote:Unity's gonna come out in 2022 I'm calling it now

BETA IS JUST COMING YOU FROG

Your sig looks like a less welcoming 'well meme'd my friend'