How is life in school?

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Re: How is life in school?

Postby MsDarkMagician » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Getting my PhD was hard but worth it.
User avatar
MsDarkMagician
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Shilster » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:45 am

first day of the second semester and everyone's making crappy resolutions that they'll drop after five days
-




It matters not who you are, Death awaits you.

-
User avatar
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3634
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:59 pm
Location: (GMT+7)

Re: How is life in school?

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:34 am

Shilster wrote:first day of the second semester and everyone's making crappy resolutions that they'll drop after five days

Wait, that's what it's called?
DISREGARD WHAT I SAID I LOVE TO SUCK COCKS
User avatar
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Shilster » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:00 am

lemonader666 wrote:
Shilster wrote:first day of the second semester and everyone's making crappy resolutions that they'll drop after five days

Wait, that's what it's called?

yes
new years resolutions
-




It matters not who you are, Death awaits you.

-
User avatar
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3634
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:59 pm
Location: (GMT+7)

Re: How is life in school?

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:20 am

Shilster wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
Shilster wrote:first day of the second semester and everyone's making crappy resolutions that they'll drop after five days

Wait, that's what it's called?

yes
new years resolutions

I meant the semester thing but aight
DISREGARD WHAT I SAID I LOVE TO SUCK COCKS
User avatar
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby TheLeaper » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:59 pm

Leibniz is a German philosopher who divined the idea for integral calculus.
Homer Simpson wrote:"The waiting game sucks, let's do something else."

Citizen Steel wrote:Be on the lookout for a badass in a leather jacket....or a suspicious puddle of water."

If we become good friends on here feel free to PM and we can start connecting on other sites.
#AwwwHereItGoes

ToS Record: 55-0
TheLeaper
Escort
Escort
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby destawaits » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:38 pm

I made a board game for my science assessment but I don't want to host it in Forum Games

MrStoldi wrote:really hard in china :cry:

Yes, China's public schools seem really harsh. Huge amounts of homework and tests, plus an entrance exam for college. Good luck.
Last edited by destawaits on Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Home [UTC+8]

Re: How is life in school?

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:43 pm

Honestly not having true entrance exams is the best part of western education systems

Well, that and not posting class rankings and forcing you to directly compete with everybody else
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5515
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: How is life in school?

Postby lemonader666 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:00 am

destawaits wrote:I made a board game for my science assessment but I don't want to host it in Forum Games

MrStoldi wrote:really hard in china :cry:

Yes, China's public schools seem really harsh. Huge amounts of homework and tests, plus an end-of-year exam for college. Good luck.

sounds like your typical asian education system
also pls tell what it is
DISREGARD WHAT I SAID I LOVE TO SUCK COCKS
User avatar
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby destawaits » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:52 am

lemonader666 wrote:
destawaits wrote:I made a board game for my science assessment but I don't want to host it in Forum Games

MrStoldi wrote:really hard in china :cry:

Yes, China's public schools seem really harsh. Huge amounts of homework and tests, plus an end-of-year exam for college. Good luck.

sounds like your typical asian education system
also pls tell what it is

If I was assimilated into this kind of education system I wouldn't be here right now. I would be studying until 3:00 in the morning.

Kenny#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Home [UTC+8]

Re: How is life in school?

Postby lemonader666 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:07 am

destawaits wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
destawaits wrote:I made a board game for my science assessment but I don't want to host it in Forum Games

MrStoldi wrote:really hard in china :cry:

Yes, China's public schools seem really harsh. Huge amounts of homework and tests, plus an end-of-year exam for college. Good luck.

sounds like your typical asian education system
also pls tell what it is

If I was assimilated into this kind of education system I wouldn't be here right now. I would be studying until 3:00 in the morning.

i meant the board game but aight
DISREGARD WHAT I SAID I LOVE TO SUCK COCKS
User avatar
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby destawaits » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:58 pm

lemonader666 wrote:
destawaits wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
destawaits wrote:I made a board game for my science assessment but I don't want to host it in Forum Games

MrStoldi wrote:really hard in china :cry:

Yes, China's public schools seem really harsh. Huge amounts of homework and tests, plus an end-of-year exam for college. Good luck.

sounds like your typical asian education system
also pls tell what it is

If I was assimilated into this kind of education system I wouldn't be here right now. I would be studying until 3:00 in the morning.

i meant the board game but aight

It's based on energy conversion and inspired by Risk

Kenny#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Home [UTC+8]

Re: How is life in school?

Postby chitownmvp01 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:13 am

I'm having a good start to the spring semester so far! I hope it keeps up! :D
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: How is life in school?

Postby TheLeaper » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Leibniz is credited with being the first one to come up with the idea for monads, as well.
Homer Simpson wrote:"The waiting game sucks, let's do something else."

Citizen Steel wrote:Be on the lookout for a badass in a leather jacket....or a suspicious puddle of water."

If we become good friends on here feel free to PM and we can start connecting on other sites.
#AwwwHereItGoes

ToS Record: 55-0
TheLeaper
Escort
Escort
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Bluedetroyer » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:03 pm

We have a 4-day weekend... and our orchestra director teacher decided that would be the best time to have a 3-hour rehearsal
I own 3 dogs and 3 cats.
hello

Behind the Mask Record

1-1

Spoiler: BtM: School Trouble - Loner (Deceiver) - guesses DP8 - Chef (poisoner) win
IDDY BtM - Pesant - Pesant (me) win


Image
User avatar
Bluedetroyer
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Coven all any

Re: How is life in school?

Postby destawaits » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:06 pm

We have mock exams. Fortunately, that allows us to buy lunch at the mall outside the school.

Kenny#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Home [UTC+8]

Re: How is life in school?

Postby DoctorAzure » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Bluedetroyer wrote:We have a 4-day weekend... and our orchestra director teacher decided that would be the best time to have a 3-hour rehearsal


You have no idea how much I relate to this :cry:
.
User avatar
DoctorAzure
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: Falling asleep somewhere... =w= (MST/UTC-6)

Re: How is life in school?

Postby destawaits » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:54 pm

Finished Mock Exam Week 1; time to start Week 2

Kenny#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Home [UTC+8]

Re: How is life in school?

Postby fwogcarf » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:00 pm

I have As and Bs
Hazbin Hotel was so good I put a pfp of it on my alt account
User avatar
fwogcarf
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Why do you want to know

Re: How is life in school?

Postby TheLeaper » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:43 am

According to Gottfried Leibniz, a monad is a simple substance that cannot be divided into parts.
Homer Simpson wrote:"The waiting game sucks, let's do something else."

Citizen Steel wrote:Be on the lookout for a badass in a leather jacket....or a suspicious puddle of water."

If we become good friends on here feel free to PM and we can start connecting on other sites.
#AwwwHereItGoes

ToS Record: 55-0
TheLeaper
Escort
Escort
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby dota2reporter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:21 pm

had my mock exams 2 months ago which went smoothly

so ive had the british education system for 1.5 years and i can definetely say its much better than the soviet one we get in kazakhstan. it sucks
I make music! Check me out!

Games I play rn: Hearthstone, Just Shapes and Beats, Hotline Miami, Geometry Dash
Webcomics I've read: Twokinds, Slightly Damned

My Forum Mafia record
My winrates with other players

9-10-1

Survivor/Big Brother record:
Big Brother: The Black Hat - 7th out of 16
Survivor: Ragnarok - 1st out of 18
Survivor: CvC - 10th out of 24
Big Brother: Lightning - 3rd out 7
User avatar
dota2reporter
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: How is life in school?

Postby TheDebil » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:45 pm

did 2 of my mock exams as well 1 i failed miserably and got called in to the principal with other lads for sucking so bad 1 i absolutely smashed
lets skip christmas im gonna celebrate valentines day
who wants a smooch Spoiler: Image
FM Record: 15 - 18 - 3
User avatar
TheDebil
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am
Location: Location:

Re: How is life in school?

Postby destawaits » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:56 am

Imagine an AP student complaining about their amount of homework in front of an IB student

Kenny#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Home [UTC+8]

Re: How is life in school?

Postby ZackTheMaf666 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:05 pm

My teachers are currently scrambling to get their curriculums finished before their 5 weeks of review.

We had mock exams yesterday and today (I managed to get a 100, a 82, and a 63). For some reason, even if you finish early, you have to wait the whole 4 hours before you are allowed to go back to normal class, so I played ToS mobile during that time (my teacher was cool and turned a blind eye even though you’re not allowed to play games).
User avatar
ZackTheMaf666
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:45 am
Location: I’m in your house

Re: How is life in school?

Postby TheWabbit » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:28 am

only have five subjects for now
Image

     

User avatar
TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 pm
Location: GMT +8

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest