How is life in school?

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Re: How is life in school?

Postby alouvre » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:40 pm

It is over.
It is over.
It is over.

Crikety dick, I did shit, but it is over.

Thanks Chit. :P
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Nellyfox » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:06 pm

alouvre wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:
Arckas wrote:Thanksgiving break \0/

Lucky you. I got the full week off during elementary school and middle school. My high school makes us come on Monday and Tuesday for some reason. Ugh. So many people are absent because they decide to go out of town for the whole week, they might as well give us the full week off.

This is how my school is too. High five, Schools That Don't Make Sense Club.

I have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Wednesday is an early release. My school does the same thing for Christmas...the 23rd is an early release, even though most people are gone to visit family by then.

I had to make up a math quiz today, which was ???? but I somehow got an 87 on it despite not even answering a question which I guess is neat. But since a lot of people in my class didn't do well we have to take a similar quiz tomorrow, first period...joy. I also have an APUSH test so it's like, yeah I'm ready for the sweet embrace of death.

Projects n' stuff: pretty much all of them are due after the break. I have an English essay I need to finish up (I should tomorrow) and then I need to visit my school's writing center since that's mandatory for this assignment. I'm kinda stressed out about it because said essay is based on trigger warnings and safe spaces in colleges, and I'm afraid whoever is reviewing my speech will not know me so they'll have never heard my tone which will completely ruin the entire thing. I'll definitely do that on Wednesday because the periods are shortened so that's less time but still the ten points.
I have an infomercial project thing for APUSH due the same day as the speech, and I am honestly not excited for that at all. I'm paired up with a good friend of mine so we should be all right I guess, but there's hardly any guidelines so I'm afraid we'll accidentally do the entire thing incorrectly.
In Spanish I have an oral next Tuesday and all I can say is I'm ready for this year to end so I can never take a language class ever again.

Also, I need to get in contact with my old graphics teacher (who switched schools, miss you man) because there's this summer program over the summer at Champlain (my top college) that I want to go to. I asked a lady in the office if she knew how to contact him and I learned that her oldest daughter is a graphics major in Champlain, which is like, wow, that's literally me. Hopefully she can get his e-mail for me because that would be fantastic.

Another thing on the Schools That Don't Make Sense Club, my midterms are in January. Finally not on my birthday this year, only because it falls on a Saturday, but...January.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby alouvre » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:26 am

What's the issue with your tone, Nelly?

I'm not sure if our school even has a midterm. I certainly can't think of anything that would qualify, but I do have an abnormally shitty memory.
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Nellyfox » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:07 am

alouvre wrote:What's the issue with your tone, Nelly?

I'm not sure if our school even has a midterm. I certainly can't think of anything that would qualify, but I do have an abnormally shitty memory.

I'm passionate. I might meme a bit. It's never completely serious and monotone. Really it can just come off as unprofessional and seeing this is a college level course that may be important.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby alouvre » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:11 pm

Passion is good. Lightheartedness can be good too. Essay readers are still people, so even if it's a serious topic, I assure you they will appreciate a fluctuating tone over a monotone one, because it is easier and more interesting to go through. As long as you don't make offensive or inconsiderate jokes, which I am sure you didn't, you will be fine.
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby chitownmvp01 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:05 pm

It's finally Thanksgiving break for! Much needed! :D
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Crushed6 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:41 am

It's year end break baby! Woohoo!
Favourite Roles: Jailor, Transporter, WW, Executioner, Godfather, Mafioso, Consig
Hated Roles: Survivor, Arsonist(unless there's 2 or more), Framer
Roles I haven't won as yet: None, xD
Crushed6
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Neasans » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:02 am

I need to prepare a schedule for when it's time to enroll classes, as well as some backups in case the classes are full before I get there, and I'm lost as to what to do. :/

Also, I need to prepare an essay for bonus points on a conference (and I haven't found what conference to do it on) before the 29th.

And I have a play/presentation/group thing we need to do for Humanities.

I just want it to be vacation time already.
Lmao my old sig was so angry I can't even

Time really is...something
Neasans
Philanthropist
Philanthropist

Location: Wondering what the heck my teenage self was thinking in here

Postby destawaits » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:09 am

Crushed6 wrote:It's year end break baby! Woohoo!

But then we have to submit our Personal Project product, study for a math and a science test, and do our final dance performance in PE right before the holidays.

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Damafaud » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:37 am

Semester break is coming! Meaning a whole month at home, evading my parents suggestion to go out and play football.

Also, I enter the scholarship signup list with maybe five contest participation certificates. Test was last Tuesday, and I can't answer a quarter of it. I was pretty down.

But hearing the others said they can only answer a quarter fills me with hope. Now to pray.
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Damafaud
Consort
Consort

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:27 pm

destawaits wrote:

But then we have to submit our Personal Project product, study for a math and a science test, and do our final dance performance in PE right before the holidays.

I don't miss MYP.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:29 pm

alouvre wrote:Passion is good. Lightheartedness can be good too. Essay readers are still people, so even if it's a serious topic, I assure you they will appreciate a fluctuating tone over a monotone one, because it is easier and more interesting to go through. As long as you don't make offensive or inconsiderate jokes, which I am sure you didn't, you will be fine.

Jokes are debatable.

Though I think it's pretty decent. I finished three things for English today but still have three more things to do come Monday so I'm having a great break.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby destawaits » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:41 am

Tiltedcomedian wrote:
destawaits wrote:

I don't miss MYP.

How is/was DP? Did you do high school diploma or IB diploma?

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:45 am

destawaits wrote:
Tiltedcomedian wrote:
destawaits wrote:

I don't miss MYP.

How is/was DP? Did you do high school diploma or IB diploma?

IB diploma. Was decent; I did Bio and Spanish HL, and my social science elective was Anthro. It was a decade ago, so I'm not sure what changed since then, if anything. It'll get quite a bit harder than MYP, but it's OK as long as you remember not to discount even the most obvious-seeming pieces of information on the rubrics.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby koolkatgold » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:29 pm

I caught up on 6 days' worth of make-up work (it took about 9-10 hours) so maybe by the time I get all of this in I won't be failing four classes.

Blech, I hate missing school
koolkatgold
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:23 pm

Thanksgiving break is over. Back to school for me in the morning. Winter break starts in about 3 weeks for me.

The night of the last day of a break is always so depressing. I'm no longer used to waking up at 6 every morning.

I also hate missing school. I don't like having to deal with making things up.

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby destawaits » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:26 pm

I have 3 weeks of holiday starting from December 9th, I think. Lots of assessments and projects to finalize before the holiday. We just got our lab report task today; it's based on momentum (p = mv) and force.

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby davesport12 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:06 am

I got deal with life ..... makes me paranoid..... thats my experience :!:
Check My Buffet Table
Heaven Faction
CEO

Just a swat man works with dangerous situations, with unique cousin and warm apartment.
davesport12
Witch
Witch

Postby destawaits » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:12 am

Starting a new unit in English, which is based on how storytelling and books can impact a person. We are reading Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, which is set during the peak of the Cultural Revolution in China.
Full description

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Damafaud » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Semester Assessment is coming tomorrow.
Time to study what I've forgotten, read for the first time my Physical Education text book, and prepare for the sport and art day as student council member.

Yep.
Hi.

Damafaud
Consort
Consort

Postby oliy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:32 am

Forgot about this thread, well, here's an update.
High School now. Everything is easier than last year honestly, the advanced classes really prepared me.
Got good teachers and ideal classes, except my Honors Language Arts focuses on social aspects of everything, and I feel like I'm surrounded by people who fall under a Social Justice Warrior/Hippie mix.
I have found myself stereotyping more and more. You have the blonde white girls with their Starbucks, the dumb football players, the irresponsible idiots who distract everyone, and something less orthodox, the smart disabled kids. I find myself hating "omg" and emojis a lot too.
Still applies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMljID9a94
I find myself ranting about the school's architecture for some reason too. Everything intersects at one midpoint of the school, and since it's in the center people stop there, and the entire path is a clusterfuck of traffic.
The extra-curricular activities are very relaxed in terms of rules other than participation.
First world problems are all that really apply. Nothing bad really happened except someone dying from something along the lines of Leukemia. Lowest grade I have is around 96% of credit, and only one test resulting in a B+ (being the first Spanish one of the year).
Still sucks over half my friends are at another school :\

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Cirque » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:11 am

Sarah Thorpe wrote:
Waifu wrote:Further Maths exam today.
It went okay. Not great though..

Why would you do maths tho?
Its the worst.

Math is DA BEST how dare you

FM Record: 8 - 1
Cirque
Mayor
Mayor

Postby twelvethousandants » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:29 pm

oliy wrote:I find myself ranting about the school's architecture for some reason too. Everything intersects at one midpoint of the school, and since it's in the center people stop there, and the entire path is a clusterfuck of traffic.

My school is old, so I'm a little more lenient - but the layout is also crap. We have the same problem, except it's like an entire, narrow corridor that's a literal traffic jam of people.
Plus they keep painting the walls, meaning only half the corridor can be used, meaning more traffic.
They're changing colour scheme again, and whatever's in the new paint smells like something just died in it.

Additionally - the year 7s have started tucking in their jumpers into their skirt/trousers.
it looks horrendous - worse than the uniform usually is, which is rather impressive.
I've never heard of it happening in any other schools.
It's making me lose my faith in humanity.
Please help.
^click if you want to make a very small criminal empire^
twelvethousandants
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Nellyfox » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Time to do two chapters of notes by Tuesday. :]

my boy really gotta hit hard with the work, man...
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Damafaud » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:36 am

Yey, the school amphitheatre is finished! Oh wait.

The amphitheatre is outdoor, this is rainy season, it is located on the riverside, and the street is 10 metres away.

Hi.

Damafaud
Consort
Consort

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussions