Rainbow Ramblings! (LGBTQ[AEIOUsometimesY]** Thread)

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Re: Rainbow Ramblings! (LGBTQ[AEIOUsometimesY]** Thread)

Postby Mace8937 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:16 am

The Planned Parenthood website, https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/sexual-orientation-gender, has some pretty neat information upon some, but not all, sexual orientations and genders. (I believe only LGBTQAP)
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:17 pm

How do I come out to my family.

I think you just need to do it. The super religious thing isn't a great sign, but you never know how they'll feel about it until you tell them. I've heard stories of some parents being surprisingly ok with it and the opposite. Bottom line: there's really only one way to know.

I may not be well versed as a straight(?) man who has never had to come out to my parents, so I'm sure there's more to it and you'd probably prefer advice from someone who isn't straight/maybe bi-curious, but I just like helping regardless. If you're nervous, I've got a great line to throw in their face if they start going biblical on you:

Luke 6:37-42 wrote:Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.

On another note (since this got necro'd):

Yeah I'm not sure what I am. I've realized about a year and a half ago that I'm demi- (I am romantically attracted to people based on their personality more so than their attributes), and I've never really had romantic feelings for a dude. I don't think. But, I have had sexual feelings in a couple of cases. I remember a friend from high school who I remembered having a nice body, but never thought anything romantic about. So like, I guess I'm not NOT attracted to dudes, but I've never had a crush on a guy and I've only ever wanted a relationship with a girl (not that it's ever happened but that's besides the point). So idk what that makes me. Probably confused/ bi-curious. Idk if I really need a label, though. Just feels good to rant. I've never felt the need to mention it to anyone IRL for whatever reason. I'm surrounded by people who I know for a fact would be accepting of it, but for whatever reason I just feel like I need to keep it to myself.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:15 am

Parents/family can behave erratically when it comes to their kids not being who/what they want those kids to be. Especially when it comes to sons. My parents barely batted an eye when I came out to them as being bisexual. But the mere thought of my brother (who hasn’t made any mention of being gay) possibly, potentially, maybe barely being gay disgusts and infuriates my dad. Gay men in general invoke that reaction. If my brother did come out as gay, who knows what my dad might do to him. In short, “just do it” might not be a realistic option depending on your family dynamic and the odds of them getting violent with you over your coming out.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Good luck scorp. Hope all goes well.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:50 pm

Good luck! :hug:
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:11 pm

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:Guys. I think I'm gonna come out my sis tonight. I'm so scared I can't breathe; but she's my closest friend in the world and I have to tell her. Please wish me luck.

let us know how it goes! We're rooting for you!

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby mdb1023 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:55 pm

I'm now really confused. Ever since I made that post after this got ressurected, I've been thinking more about what I said and what I'm feeling. And since I've done so, I've been having more thoughts. About guys. It really took off the other day when I looked at the guy I stand next to and thought he was kinda cute, for lack of a better term. And I don't want to say explicit details here, but let's just say I tried something new with my before bed ritual if you catch my drift.
And I've been trying to process this all day and I'm really having a hard time understanding what it all means. I genuinely don't know if I'm actually bisexual or if my mind is playing tricks on me and I'm basically exaggerating everything because I've been over thinking like I always am about everything.

So yeah I'm super confused. The only thing I know for sure is that I 100% like girls, so I'm either straight bi curious, bi, or something in between. And I just need a place to rant and get it out. I don't know who to go to about this IRL. I have a lot of friends, but I tend to be emotionally distant and generally shy away from hard topics. So I guess I just need this.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:39 pm

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:There is nothing wrong with questioning mdb. Most of us have done it at some point. If you think you might like guys then experiment some, test the waters. And when you figure yourself out, then enjoy.

Easier said than done considering I've never actually been in a relationship, or even been on a date with anyone.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:43 pm

And yeah, I know there's nothing wrong with it, but I'm dealing with feelings that I don't know how to handle. Things that make me feel different.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mdb1023 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:33 am

So I definitely just made out with a dude. 3 times. And I liked it. Granted I was and still am drunk, but I think I just figured it out

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:01 am

Yeah, I'm like 80% sure I'm bi now.

But, turns out someone got a picture of us making out at the party and started spreading it around, which is basically going to force me out of the closet. I'm not too torn up about it because I tend to roll with the punches, but I'm kinda pissed I can't come out on my own terms.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Transcender » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:14 am

mdb1023 wrote:Yeah, I'm like 80% sure I'm bi now.

But, turns out someone got a picture of us making out at the party and started spreading it around, which is basically going to force me out of the closet. I'm not too torn up about it because I tend to roll with the punches, but I'm kinda pissed I can't come out on my own terms.

assholes. pretty sure someone has done this with me before and it fucking sucks. good luck anyways
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby mdb1023 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:44 pm

earlier today I was like, 80% sure that I was bi.

Then I watched Reefer madness and watched this scene and now i'm like 95% sure.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby BabyGobln » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:46 pm

mdb1023 wrote:earlier today I was like, 80% sure that I was bi.

Then I watched Reefer madness and watched this scene and now i'm like 95% sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHeHIMFa_HU

you're just lonely
BabyGobln
Executioner
Executioner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:08 am

That's actually quite smart lul
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Transcender » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:26 am

Google wrote:

assholes. pretty sure someone has done this with me before and it fucking sucks. good luck anyways

Ive gotten confirmation.
I fucking knew that fuck would do this
If im gone its because ive been arrested for murder
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Transcender » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:20 am

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:
Google wrote:
Google wrote:

Ive gotten confirmation.
I fucking knew that fuck would do this
If im gone its because ive been arrested for murder

Bb if you're gonna murderer someone plz don't get caught.

Too late for that

--
On another note, i finally came out to my parents
No longer double closetted
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Transcender » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:21 am

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:Double closeted?

Trans and bi
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Transcender » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:29 am

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:
Google wrote:

Trans and bi

Oh. Well. Welcome to the club sis! We have cookies and issues.

Time to eat some issues and rant about cookies
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Transcender » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:51 am

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:
Google wrote:
ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:
Google wrote:

Trans and bi

Oh. Well. Welcome to the club sis! We have cookies and issues.

Time to eat some issues and rant about cookies

Of course. How else is one supposed to deal with problems.

Addiction
At least thats how i do it
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Transcender » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:54 am

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:Oof

Help me please
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby JazzMusicStops » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:46 pm

I'm moving house pretty soon and I'm hoping that I'll be in a place where I'm able to have more trans friends because having no IRL trans friends just kinda sucks

Or just LGBTQ+ friends in general :P

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:48 am

JazzMusicStops wrote:I'm moving house pretty soon and I'm hoping that I'll be in a place where I'm able to have more trans friends because having no IRL trans friends just kinda sucks

Or just LGBTQ+ friends in general :P

Join theatre. There's tons of LGBTQ+ people in theatre.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby JazzMusicStops » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:38 am

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Transcender » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:32 pm

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:Fuck

DEJA VU
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussions