Dangan Ronpa Masterlist

Subforum for the popular Dangan Ronpa forum games.

Re: Dangan Ronpa Masterlist

Postby Segaco » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:56 pm

revive when
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:58 am

Segaco wrote:revive when

When this shithole forum starts seeing activity outside the feedback section. Sooooo never.
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Alicitzen » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:19 am

LetitiaWilson wrote:
Segaco wrote:revive when

When this shithole forum starts seeing activity outside the feedback section. Sooooo never.

this but unironically
Discord: Alicitzen#1312
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Segaco » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:39 pm

we need danganronpa
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Alicitzen » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:35 am

No
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Segaco » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:44 pm

but who is gonna save us :(
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Alicitzen » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:07 pm

Hold on out for a hero
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Segaco » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:12 am

we tried :'^)
but we stopped turdpile from deleting the dr subforum like 7 years ago so we win

(join the non dead dr site)
(also the discord)

also sad, havent used bbcode here in so long i struggled to find the URL button :(
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Alicitzen » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:00 am

o7
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Segaco » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:03 pm

hope
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Segaco » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:16 pm

i miss ibnee
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby LetitiaWilson » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:44 pm

Let it die, Orange
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Segaco » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:04 am

no
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby LetitiaWilson » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:58 am

Fuck it, putting this here for posterity's sake. We all know this section is dead so might as well put this for anyone who was interested/cared and is still around (Yes, I'm looking at you, Segaco).

How Sunshine Meadow Was Going To Go
Spoiler: As you can probably guess from the OP for the thread, Sunshine Meadows was going to be a type of Intentional Community that was a mix of ecovillage and social experiment, set on an island with the actual buildings for the village already prebuilt. The island would've been cut into five large segments - Residential, Social, Arable, Industrial and Administration - with each segment containing a certain number of buildings. Residential would be the starting area and the Hub World, containing the small homes which each Player would be assigned as their "Rooms", as well as other amenities like a small shop, a post office, etc. Social would've contained gathering places like a bar, a restaurant, an arcade, a market, etc. Arable would've had a few farms and gardens, Industrial would've have things like a blacksmith and other working spaces, and Admin would've been the Finale area.

Most of the rules were the same as any other game, but there was something I wanted to do to spice things up a little, something I'd seen done but not for quite some time and not how I'd plan to do it. I added two Special Roles that would've been randomly assigned on the first night when Role Cards were sent out. These Roles were known as The Fox and The Hound.

The Role of The Fox was basically that of a spy - They had been tasked with gaining entry to the commune, collecting a specific piece of data relating to the Mastermind of the game, and then get out alive. If they managed to get to the Finale with the data, the Players would've been locked into a Good Ending or a Neutral Ending, whereas not getting the Data would lead to either a Bad Ending or a Neutral Ending. In other words, the ONLY way to get the Good Ending was for the Fox to complete their task. Obviously, this presented a problem - What was to stop the Fox from making alliances or revealing that killing them would fuck everyone else over?

This is where the Hound came in. The Hound was a second spy, but whereas the Fox was a possibly good role who worked with the other players, the Hound was designed to be the enemy. The Hound worked for The Mastermind and had only one purpose - Eliminate The Fox. The Hound had several limitations - revealing their or the Fox's existence was instant death, for example - but also several advantages, such as being able to go places that the others couldn't. But the biggest things for the Hound? 1) They could kill WITHOUT being chosen as Blackened. HOWEVER, they could only kill The Fox, and if their target WASN'T the Fox, the target would live and the Hound would be severely punished, assuming they weren't voted out. 2) The ONLY way for the Hound to win was to kill The Fox. If they got to the Finale and the Fox was still alive, the Hound would be executed. But if they successfully killed the Fox, they would be potentially the ONLY SURVIVOR.

That's the basics of the setting and the extra roles, now for the storyline.

Obviously, the whole set-up was that the Players were all people invited to take part in a "social experiment", which on the surface would be building the ideal co-operative community, and that they would be spending one full year on the island without outside intervention except in the event of an emergency. Upon arrival by seaplane ala ACNH, the Players would be greeted by the first of two Host Characters in the game - Julian. Julian was to be a representative of Sunshine Initiative, who had set up the experiment, and was portrayed as a nice, curious individual who was happy to meet everyone and work alongside them. After a short orientation, during which the Players would be given the option to leave the island the next day if they decided they no longer wished to participate, he would show everyone to their new homes and bid them good night. Except they notice that something isn't....quite right, as they fall asleep. (Spoiler alert: Fuckers had been drugged).

Then everything would go to shit the next morning when the guests would get the very rude awakening of the plane that was meant to take them home...well, going kaboom. This would lead into the introduction of the second Host Character - The Puppet Master aka Pierrot. During his monologue, Pierrot would reveal that, during the night, each of the players had been fitted with collars that would keep them in line, using poor Julian as an example by electrocuting him (albeit not fatally), and that now they were part of a new experiment - what is a person willing to do to ensure their own survival when on a deadline to escape? Basically, the island was set to blow within a certain time limit and the only way out was to prove just how far you're willing to go, by taking a life. From here, the game would go as normal games do, with murders and trials and blah blah blah, until the Finale.

I'll admit, I didn't really get the Finale down to the finer details, but to sum it up, the Remaining Players had to do two things: Identify the Mastermind and Reveal The Truth. If the Fox was alive and had the data they needed, they could severely cut this section short as the data would reveal the Truth - The Sunshine Initiative is a shell company, belonging to the Wilson Foundation (Yes, that bitch) and that the island was, in reality, an experiment into how people cope under extreme stress - conditions on the island would continue to manipulated and made worse over time, including cutting off electricity, contaminating food, etc. - and that it was, in itself, a trap, designed to lure in an unknown enemy (Spoiler alert: Sheridan), that had been intercepted and taken over by the Puppet Master.

Obviously, making this ONLY available to the Fox would've been unfair, so the information would still be available to all players but cut into pieces. It's just that the Fox would've been able to get to it quicker and easier in a fuller form.

Revealing the true identity of the Mastermind would've been a lot easier to do given there would be clues throughout the game, but it'd especially easy if you'd read The Wonderland Game. Recognise Julian's text colour? It's the same as the Ominous Voice at the end of The Wonderland Game. Gee, wonder why that might be. Yeah, the big reveal would be that Julian, the guide who had helped and supported them all this time, was the one behind their suffering with Pierrot being just his representative. Why is Julian down with the Players? For the same reason that criminals will sometimes insert themselves into investigations into their crimes - to track their progress and because it's "fun" to get so close and personal as they break down.

(Also, fun little fact in case Ezradekezra ever reads this - Julian is Bifrost's student and Pierrot is Vesper and Bifrost's son, make of that what you will.)

As for the endings, well, I never got those finished beyond bare bones. The Good Ending would've seen everyone except the dead get off the Island, the Neutral Ending would've seen the Players forced to choose who amongst them gets on the limited-space-boat, and the Bad Ending would've seen only The Hound escape alive.

And yeah, that's it. That's how the game would've gone.

What Would've Come Afterwards

Spoiler: To put it bluntly, I was already planning to leave the forums as DR was the only thing keeping me here and I could read the writing on the wall regarding that, too. But if we'd had enough, I'd wanted to do one last game after SSM, as a final farewell, to go out with a bang.

As for what that game would've been like, I don't really know. After SSM never took off, any planning for future games went completely out the window. All I know is that I'd planned to bring back the Main Hosts - Sheridan, Charon, Caleb and Julian - as a family reunion type thing (With Bifrost, Vesper and Pierrot possibly turning up in events), and would'v even encouraged players using past characters (if they'd survived their games, anyway). But beyond that, who knows how it would've gone.

So that's it. Wanted to get this shit off my chest. Maybe one day I'll reuse this shit in another form, but until then?

Sayonara, bitches.
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Segaco » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:32 pm

:(

it's sad the forum had to die, but at least we managed to get some games in before it completely died
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Ezradekezra » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:13 pm

LetitiaWilson wrote:(Also, fun little fact in case Ezradekezra ever reads this - Julian is Bifrost's student and Pierrot is Vesper and Bifrost's son, make of that what you will.)

can't believe i was going to get relentlessly bullied by the hosts again :(

that's what i get for being a cringey teenager ig
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:05 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:
LetitiaWilson wrote:(Also, fun little fact in case Ezradekezra ever reads this - Julian is Bifrost's student and Pierrot is Vesper and Bifrost's son, make of that what you will.)

can't believe i was going to get relentlessly bullied by the hosts again :(

that's what i get for being a cringey teenager ig

Eh, Julian wouldn't have done anything to you since it would break the disguise. Pierrot probably would've just thrown a rock or something at you and then ignored you.
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Previous

Return to Dangan Ronpa