What is Dangan Ronpa?

Subforum for the popular Dangan Ronpa forum games.

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby datdownie » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:07 pm

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Also of note, at some point after I did it in the first DRVI, #008080 somehow became the main mod colour in DR games.
You thethiefs!!!!
Seriously its in Me and Downies games and this thing...

#008080 became my color for the whole time; it's teal and it's always been behind my back for the longest time. I am not a thief, heck, I even put that color in that old thread that described your flavor text. #DTWD
Image

"Determination, the ability to move forward despite any possible hardship, the promise to return for a second chance no matter how much you're beaten and bloody. The power of Determination has sculpted legends for all of humanity, impossible feats, one in a million shots made like they're nothing, while those that pull them off stand alone."

If you want to find me, hop onto Board Game Online <3


Discord: Downie#0904
User avatar
datdownie
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
 
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:20 pm
Location: Duval, FL, USA

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby Alicitzen » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:46 pm

datdownie wrote:
Sarah Thorpe wrote:Also of note, at some point after I did it in the first DRVI, #008080 somehow became the main mod colour in DR games.
You thethiefs!!!!
Seriously its in Me and Downies games and this thing...

#008080 became my color for the whole time; it's teal and it's always been behind my back for the longest time. I am not a thief, heck, I even put that color in that old thread that described your flavor text. #DTWD

I don't buy it!
I am clearly the most original DR Host. 8-)
Peace out nerds
User avatar
Alicitzen
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner
 
Posts: 7895
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:56 am
Location: Chaldea

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby ibney000 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Sarah Thorpe wrote:
datdownie wrote:
Sarah Thorpe wrote:Also of note, at some point after I did it in the first DRVI, #008080 somehow became the main mod colour in DR games.
You thethiefs!!!!
Seriously its in Me and Downies games and this thing...

#008080 became my color for the whole time; it's teal and it's always been behind my back for the longest time. I am not a thief, heck, I even put that color in that old thread that described your flavor text. #DTWD

I don't buy it!
I am clearly the most original DR Host. 8-)


Well if screwing with alibis counts as original then you are more original than the origin of the universe.
User avatar
ibney000
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm
Location: "Better FM Player than Gobln" -Achro

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby nzslimeables » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi all, this game looked cool, but whenever I went onto a game thread and read the rules, it said to win you have to "win the final trial"?
What does that mean? Is it just a normal trial, or is it something else entirely?
Image
User avatar
nzslimeables
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 3:50 am
Location: Auckland

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby Alicitzen » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:25 pm

nzslimeables wrote:Hi all, this game looked cool, but whenever I went onto a game thread and read the rules, it said to win you have to "win the final trial"?
What does that mean? Is it just a normal trial, or is it something else entirely?

Well considering the fact that just surviving to the end is not the hardest thing to do, most hosts create a unique way to end the game to actually provide a challenge fitting for a finale.
Usually it ranges from solving a harder case to finding the person who is classified as a traitor.
Peace out nerds
User avatar
Alicitzen
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner
 
Posts: 7895
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:56 am
Location: Chaldea

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby nzslimeables » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:57 pm

Sarah Thorpe wrote:
nzslimeables wrote:Hi all, this game looked cool, but whenever I went onto a game thread and read the rules, it said to win you have to "win the final trial"?
What does that mean? Is it just a normal trial, or is it something else entirely?

Well considering the fact that just surviving to the end is not the hardest thing to do, most hosts create a unique way to end the game to actually provide a challenge fitting for a finale.
Usually it ranges from solving a harder case to finding the person who is classified as a traitor.

ahhh, gotcha
thanks c:
Image
User avatar
nzslimeables
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 3:50 am
Location: Auckland

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby ibney000 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:14 pm

nzslimeables wrote:
Sarah Thorpe wrote:
nzslimeables wrote:Hi all, this game looked cool, but whenever I went onto a game thread and read the rules, it said to win you have to "win the final trial"?
What does that mean? Is it just a normal trial, or is it something else entirely?

Well considering the fact that just surviving to the end is not the hardest thing to do, most hosts create a unique way to end the game to actually provide a challenge fitting for a finale.
Usually it ranges from solving a harder case to finding the person who is classified as a traitor.

ahhh, gotcha
thanks c:


And don't forget the end vote that involves the entire forums.

Cause thats always the best part.
User avatar
ibney000
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm
Location: "Better FM Player than Gobln" -Achro

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby destawaits » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:34 am

Suggestion about the overview and might be a small spoiler??
Spoiler: You forgot that Monokuma loves DESPAIR

Laffey#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Summer classes [UTC-7]

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby ibney000 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:58 am

destawaits wrote:Suggestion about the overview and might be a small spoiler??
Spoiler: You forgot that Monokuma loves DESPAIR


Small spoiler for the first 15 minutes of the game?
User avatar
ibney000
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm
Location: "Better FM Player than Gobln" -Achro

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby destawaits » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:17 am

ibney000 wrote:
destawaits wrote:Suggestion about the overview and might be a small spoiler??
Spoiler: You forgot that Monokuma loves DESPAIR


Small spoiler for the first 15 minutes of the game?

Oh, right, Monokuma said it himself at the beginning...

Anyway, I suggest that your add that part in the Monokuma description.

Laffey#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Summer classes [UTC-7]

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby ciary » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:09 am

Edit-ified!
(Aka. I added the fact that he loves despair)
♥ Hugs and Music ♥
♥ Goodbye everyone ^_^ -hugs- ♥


Spoiler: Image
User avatar
ciary
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:33 am
Location: Huegven!

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby Technetium » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:09 pm

So...um...what all besides the stuff in the OP do I need to know if I am considering joining a game of this at some point?
Image

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
User avatar
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1941
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:25 am
Location: The city, she's been dead, for years now...

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby Segaco » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Technetium wrote:So...um...what all besides the stuff in the OP do I need to know if I am considering joining a game of this at some point?

You don't kill Segaco N1

That's all you need to know for now.
Segaco#3884
User avatar
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 7:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby LetitiaWilson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:16 pm

Segaco wrote:
Technetium wrote:So...um...what all besides the stuff in the OP do I need to know if I am considering joining a game of this at some point?

kill Segaco N1

That's all you need to know for now.
Me, when my DR players don't read the rules:

Image
User avatar
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:58 am
Location: Playing Ding-Dong-Ditch with a man-eating door. (GMT)

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby ibney000 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:11 pm

LetitiaWilson wrote:
Segaco wrote:
Technetium wrote:So...um...what all besides the stuff in the OP do I need to know if I am considering joining a game of this at some point?

kill Segaco N1

That's all you need to know for now.


To add on to this. If you are host, MAKE SURE HE DIES NIGHT ONE!

Its tradition.
User avatar
ibney000
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm
Location: "Better FM Player than Gobln" -Achro

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby Varanus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:12 pm

ibney000 wrote:To add on to this. If you are host, MAKE SURE HE DIES NIGHT ONE!

Its tradition.

For example, you could just tell someone "he is bleeding from the head" when there is in fact a giant statue shaped dent in his skull.
User avatar
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby Technetium » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:15 pm

Varanus wrote:
ibney000 wrote:To add on to this. If you are host, MAKE SURE HE DIES NIGHT ONE!

Its tradition.

For example, you could just tell someone "he is bleeding from the head" when there is in fact a giant statue shaped dent in his skull.

>is reading DR X
>gets the reference
>wanted an actual, serious answer
Image

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
User avatar
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1941
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:25 am
Location: The city, she's been dead, for years now...

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby Alicitzen » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:30 pm

ibney000 wrote:To add on to this. If you are host, MAKE SURE HE DIES NIGHT ONE!

Its tradition.

What idiot hugs a guy wielding a knife?
Peace out nerds
User avatar
Alicitzen
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner
 
Posts: 7895
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:56 am
Location: Chaldea

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby ibney000 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Sarah Thorpe wrote:
ibney000 wrote:To add on to this. If you are host, MAKE SURE HE DIES NIGHT ONE!

Its tradition.

What idiot hugs a guy wielding a knife?


I can tell you anyone who goes near anyone with a knife is a pain in the neck.
User avatar
ibney000
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm
Location: "Better FM Player than Gobln" -Achro

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:46 am

ibney000 wrote:
Sarah Thorpe wrote:
ibney000 wrote:To add on to this. If you are host, MAKE SURE HE DIES NIGHT ONE!

Its tradition.

What idiot hugs a guy wielding a knife?


I can tell you anyone who goes near anyone with a knife is a pain in the neck.

What if the person closing up on the knifewielding one has a sword, Ibney?
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 25214
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby ciary » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:19 am

pillow > needle > knife > teddybear > sword > other deadly device

don't go near anyone with a pillow. you'll die!
more so than people with knives or needles
♥ Hugs and Music ♥
♥ Goodbye everyone ^_^ -hugs- ♥


Spoiler: Image
User avatar
ciary
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:33 am
Location: Huegven!

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby Alicitzen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:08 pm

Jordarrian wrote:Can someone PM me when the next DR starts? I'm sick of missing signups and having to wait months for the next one

Seeing as the three people listed to host the next games are kinda AWOL, theres sorta a need for actual hosts first.
Peace out nerds
User avatar
Alicitzen
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner
 
Posts: 7895
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:56 am
Location: Chaldea

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby AaronC » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:57 am

I wouldn't mind hosting a new game but I will have to complete the entire game layout, story, phases, twists, etc before I even consider opening it up to signups.
(basically I need time to make sure I do the game justice compared to the previous ones, and I would have to get approval first)
User avatar
AaronC
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:32 am
Location: London

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby VucubCaquix » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:03 am

I'm willing to cohost or help with the creation of any games if needed.
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
User avatar
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Cloudbank (EST)

Re: What is Dangan Ronpa?

Postby AaronC » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:43 am

Well maybe you and I could think up something together. Obviously this will take a while to plan because I want to give it all my attention and I should have all my games I am hosting wrapped up by the end of this week.
User avatar
AaronC
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:32 am
Location: London

PreviousNext

Return to Dangan Ronpa

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest