Dangan Ronpa Discussion Thread

Subforum for the popular Dangan Ronpa forum games.

Re: Dangan Ronpa Discussion Thread

Postby Gasocea » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:50 am

he's a time traveler I'm sure
Segaco#3884
Gasocea

Postby Blackajack » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:36 am

destawaits wrote:Heard the DRV3 plot wasn't so great.

Plot was generally OK but the ending has heads turned. A lot of people see it as the developer basically spitting at their fans.

No spoilerino though.

Spoiler: Image
Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Hawkwing425 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:49 am

Blackajack wrote:

Plot was generally OK but the ending has heads turned. A lot of people see it as the developer basically spitting at their fans.

No spoilerino though.

There are many characters in that game that did NOT get their just desserts. And there is a CERTAIN character that just PEEVES ME.
(I think you can spoiler][/spoiler things)
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby Alicitzen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:38 am

Blackajack wrote:

No spoilerino though.

fans are dumb
Discord: Alicitzen#1312
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Hawkwing425 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:16 pm

Alicitzen wrote:
Blackajack wrote:

No spoilerino though.

fans are dumb

Hey, I don't mind the ending of V3.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby Blackajack » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:54 am

Hawkwing425 wrote:
Blackajack wrote:

No spoilerino though.

There are many characters in that game that did NOT get their just desserts. And there is a CERTAIN character that just PEEVES ME.

I think I know who you are talking about. The writer came forward and said he had personal bias against that character, and that they only exist to fill the message of the game.

There's always a character who's sole existence is to fuck everything up in every DR game.

Excluding that one character, there's also a few other characters which depress me. There's two characters who most definitely should not of survived, and one character who should've.

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Postby BRVR » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:08 am

Blackajack wrote:
Hawkwing425 wrote:
Blackajack wrote:

No spoilerino though.

I think I know who you are talking about. The writer came forward and said he had personal bias against that character, and that they only exist to fill the message of the game.

There's always a character who's sole existence is to fuck everything up in every DR game.

Excluding that one character, there's also a few other characters which depress me. There's two characters who most definitely should not of survived, and one character who should've.

Can i know those characters?
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Blackajack » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:42 am

BRVR wrote:
Blackajack wrote:
Hawkwing425 wrote:
Blackajack wrote:

No spoilerino though.

Can i know those characters?

BIG SPOILERS FOR DRV3

Spoiler: The character he was thinking of originally was Kokichi. He's the biggest dipshit in the franchise, hands down.

The two characters are, ironically, Shuichi and Himiko. (I also didn't like Maki, but I can see why she lived) Both are far too timid, and the latter in particular doesn't get explored enough as a character. Wastes of space.

The character that should've lived was Kaede. One time we get a female protag and they kill her off instantly. Plus, its revealed at the end she never killed anyone. Complete fabrication of drama.

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:02 am

ALSO BIG DRV3 SPOILERS
Spoiler: Actually, I don't mind Kokichi so much. I like his concept, but think he wasn't written to his full potential. Like a lot of things in DRV3.
No.
No, the character I'm talking about is

MIU
FUCKING
IRUMA

Fuck her. Fuck everything about her existence. She existed to be a fanservice-y side character who never shut the fuck up about sex until she was unceremoniously killed off. The only reason she had any relevance to the plot half the damn time was because of people using her for her inventions! At least no one missed her. Creepy bitch. And her Love Hotel... *shudder*

Anyways. None of the three survivors, in my opinion, deserved to be there. Especially not Himiko. Maki was carried, Himiko was unnoticeable, Shuichi... Shuichi was the best of the three, I guess, but that's like comparing getting shot versus getting stabbed- no winning.

Kaede... Kaede also peeves me. Not as a character, but how the in-game characters treated her after she died. Martyred her and forgot all of her negative qualities. She deserved to be remembered as she was. She was a person, not some symbol of hope and the rebellion.

Tenko deserved better.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Spoilered in case... I spoil something unwittingly...
Spoiler: Dang I didn't know our opinions would differ that much regarding the drv3 chars. Honestly the characters I pretty much hated were :- Tenko and Angie.

Characters I loved :- Kokichi, Maki

Characters I kinda wished were explored more/deserved better :- Kaede, Kirumi and Korekiyo(ik ik weird choice but don't hate me pls)
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:28 pm

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Spoilered in case... I spoil something unwittingly...
Spoiler: Dang I didn't know our opinions would differ that much regarding the drv3 chars. Honestly the characters I pretty much hated were :- Tenko and Angie.

Characters I kinda wished were explored more/deserved better :- Kaede, Kirumi and Korekiyo(ik ik weird choice but don't hate me pls)

End of DRV3 Spoilers.
Spoiler: Eh, Angie isn't really a good character. Very one-dimensional.
I'll admit, I do NOT like Tenko's hatred of men, but it has some explanation, since she's a Cloudcuckoolander at times due to her upbringing. She ended up as a sort of satellite character for Himiko, which I LOATHE, because Himiko was a garbage character.

Kokichi was alright, but his plot was poorly written. I despise Maki. She got carried to survival. I love when female characters affect the plot, but she affected the plot in the worst ways, and her anger caused her to play right into both Kokichi and Tsumugi's hands, and wasn't really genuinely touched upon. She just seemed to... get better at the end. And no one held anything against her- she was too easily forgiven. Characters ought to hold grudges, for God's sake, because real people do, too!

Kaede deserved more development. Kirumi... I tend to forget she exists, so IDK if that proves that she needed more development or if that proves she didn't have much room to grow anyways. Korekiyo... deserved better writing. FAR better writing.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Blackajack » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:24 am

Hawkwing425 wrote:

End of DRV3 Spoilers.
I'll admit, I do NOT like Tenko's hatred of men, but it has some explanation, since she's a Cloudcuckoolander at times due to her upbringing. She ended up as a sort of satellite character for Himiko, which I LOATHE, because Himiko was a garbage character.

Kokichi was alright, but his plot was poorly written. I despise Maki. She got carried to survival. I love when female characters affect the plot, but she affected the plot in the worst ways, and her anger caused her to play right into both Kokichi and Tsumugi's hands, and wasn't really genuinely touched upon. She just seemed to... get better at the end. And no one held anything against her- she was too easily forgiven. Characters ought to hold grudges, for God's sake, because real people do, too!

Kaede deserved more development. Kirumi... I tend to forget she exists, so IDK if that proves that she needed more development or if that proves she didn't have much room to grow anyways. Korekiyo... deserved better writing. FAR better writing.

At this point you know what this spoils...
Spoiler: Korekiyo was really cool tbh but his ending is just... why...

Tenko I felt was okay. Maybe a bit too hard on the men-hating aspect but w/e. No massive complaints.

Kirumi most certainly needed more development. She has no independence. I don't get it.

I honestly completely forgot about Miu. For her entire personality she's surprisingly forgettable.

Kaito wasn't that bad either but I think he tried too hard to be close to the protag. I'm not sure whether that's just his personality or the writer was hand-holding the relationship.

The one character I will never hate however is Gonta. By far my favourite. He didn't necessarily have a big impact in the story but he's such a lovable fluff bear that it doesn't really matter. Also, chapter 4 is a thing.

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Hawkwing425 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:07 am

Blackajack wrote:
Hawkwing425 wrote:

End of DRV3 Spoilers.

At this point you know what this spoils...
Spoiler: Korekiyo was really cool tbh but his ending is just... why...

Tenko I felt was okay. Maybe a bit too hard on the men-hating aspect but w/e. No massive complaints.

Kirumi most certainly needed more development. She has no independence. I don't get it.

I honestly completely forgot about Miu. For her entire personality she's surprisingly forgettable.

Kaito wasn't that bad either but I think he tried too hard to be close to the protag. I'm not sure whether that's just his personality or the writer was hand-holding the relationship.

The one character I will never hate however is Gonta. By far my favourite. He didn't necessarily have a big impact in the story but he's such a lovable fluff bear that it doesn't really matter. Also, chapter 4 is a thing.

Lots of agreement on most of that, save for the fourth point, because of my ever-present bitter grudge towards that character making it impossible for me to forget them.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby TheDebil » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:17 am

Spoiler: worst thing about v3 is the random references that arent funny or anything and just come off as cringy and just throw off the flow of the game
especially fucking tsumugi

ryoma is my favourite hands down and i cant think of anyone that comes close from that game
homie is just cool, thats all you really need
TheDebil
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner

Postby Hawkwing425 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:24 am

TheDebil wrote: Spoiler: worst thing about v3 is the random references that arent funny or anything and just come off as cringy and just throw off the flow of the game
especially fucking tsumugi

ryoma is my favourite hands down and i cant think of anyone that comes close from that game
homie is just cool, thats all you really need

Big endgame spoilers.
Spoiler: FUCK Tsumugi. She kind of ended up as an in-universe Mary Sue, imo. No one had any bad blood with her and her personality was dull. What a waste of a main villain. Some Junko fangirl who, even at the very end, lets everyone walk all over her? JFC.

I kind of overlook Ryoma, tbh. Probably bc he died early and didn't get hardly any character development. But yeah he cool
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Alicitzen » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:35 pm

:)
Discord: Alicitzen#1312
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby destawaits » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:47 am

Can't we reboot that Danganrobata game and have someone else host it?

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby watchme1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:42 am

Some spoilers for first game
Spoiler: Got the first Dangan Ronpa game as a b'day gift and played through it and holy it is one hell of a game. Haven't played any interactive VNs before so it was a first for me.

All the characters stick with me as well even those that die early on so it hit me hard.

Kyoko best girl

Chihiro best guy
FM Record - 26 Wins - 33 Losses - 7 Broke/Draw

Rip tosfm
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby dota2reporter » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:14 pm

fite me

(ordered from left to right, so leftmost character is best at its tier and rightmost is worst at its tier)
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Postby Hawkwing425 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:00 am

Why you gotta be so harsh to Tenko, damn it
Also Kaede overrated
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am

Poor Sayonji...
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby dota2reporter » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am

Hawkwing425 wrote:Why you gotta be so harsh to Tenko, damn it
Also Kaede overrated

1. cuz im a degenerate male

2. im a piano player and im very similar to her, so automatic bias

@grumpy nah she's a dick
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:25 am

:(
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby dota2reporter » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:29 am

ngl when Spoiler: hiyoko died i was like "YEEEEEAH SHE'S DEAD!!!"
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:29 am

How cruel...
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

PreviousNext

Return to Dangan Ronpa