Dangan Ronpa Discussion Thread

Subforum for the popular Dangan Ronpa forum games.

Re: Dangan Ronpa Discussion Thread

Postby dota2reporter » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:33 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:How cruel...

Spoiler: it's not like i always react like that

gonta, kaede and chiaki executions had me borderline crying, and i cant even remember the last time i cried

why do you even like hiyoko anyway lol
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Postby Chemist1422 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:36 pm

ur really out here putting kokichi in the same tier as nagito

bold move
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby dota2reporter » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:58 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:ur really out here putting kokichi in the same tier as nagito

bold move

theyre basically the same character tbh
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Same?! Same?!

Don't you diss my boi kokichi by comparing him with Nagito >_<
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby PolyesterHomes » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:34 pm

Bows head solemnly and speaks.

"There is actually zero difference between good & bad things."
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Hawkwing425 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:44 pm

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Same?! Same?!

Nagito sucks and Kokichi Spoiler: was on the right track, but had wasted potential
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby watchme1 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:58 pm

They're similar in behaviours as far as I could tell in terms of fucking things over.

Also where is genocide Jack in the tier list
FM Record - 26 Wins - 33 Losses - 7 Broke/Draw

Rip tosfm
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby dota2reporter » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:06 pm

watchme1 wrote:

They're similar in behaviours as far as I could tell in terms of fucking things over.

Also where is genocide Jack in the tier list

toko represents both
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby UzayAltay » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:13 am

Do You have any suggestion for A Newcomer ? ( me )
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby LetitiaWilson » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:43 am

UzayAltay wrote:Do You have any suggestion for A Newcomer ? ( me )

Don't die.

Seriously, though, best advice I can give is to read completed games. It will give you an idea of how they will play out, especially Segaco's and Hawkwing's since they use the more updated methods.

When it comes to games, there's no specific way to guarantee success, because you're dealing with other people (aside from the occasional NPC) and while you can try to negotiate or manipulate people, even the best laid plans can go horribly/beautifully wrong.

One thing I will say is, if you're gonna commit murder, don't overcomplicate it, but be prepared for all potential outcomes. Murders can be easier to commit later in the game as the player numbers dwindle, but that's no certainty, especially if you end up with a bunch of good players.

On the opposite side, while it might be tempting to kill off the competent players, that can be extremely detrimental because they could very well be the ones who save your ass when you most need it.

If you're solving a murder? Check. Every. Single. Little. Detail. And. Ask. Questions. Murderers have gotten away with it because someone didn't check the tiniest detail, an example being the Killing Camp game, where an innocent was executed because those playing didn't confirm a crucial detail that would've proved it was a suicide.

Not only that, but pay attention to alibis. People could spend nights setting up murders before actually committing them, and a detail from an alibi several nights ago could be what you need to catch someone out and find the killer.
One example of this was a game where someone took an item from the infirmary on night two, then used it to commit murder in night four. The problem there was that the infirmary inventory was checked every night, so not only were we able to establish that the vial was the only one taken, we also were able to show that the item went missing on a night when only one person still alive went in the infirmary, confirming them as the murderer.

One more, final detail: Trust nobody. If you're a murderer, it might be tempting to get an accomplice to share the load, but that can severely backfire. One of the lost games, someone forced another to be the accomplice, only for the accomplice to throw them under the bus.
Unfortunately, safety in numbers can save your ass, too, since it can confirm your innocence, and there have sadly been innocent people executed because they hid in their room all night, meaning nobody could confirm their alibi.

So TL:DR; Don't overcomplicate a murder, pay attention to investigations and alibis, and don't stay in your room all night.
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby destawaits » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:47 pm

Do you guys have any advice on how to RP in DR games? I've only played MH.

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Hawkwing425 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:04 pm

Roleplaying in Danganronpa isn't much different from roleplaying in any other game. I would advise you to try to avoid overdone tropes, like Insane = Violent, Angst? What Angst?, and the constant focus on hope and despair that Danganronpa always does (though that last one is more of my personal opinion). Really, making your character seem realistic and multidimensional is your best bet. For example, that first trope is extremely inaccurate, and the second one is unrealistic, especially when you're playing teenagers who may struggle with stress management. Hell, even adults can be traumatized after seeing a dead body or three.

Also, improvving can be fun, but if you're aiming for consistent characterization during a game, establish some base traits before the game starts that you can stick to. For example, playing a character who panics easily under stress, tends to avoid large groups and chaos, and isn't native to the country that most of the other characters come from. Those three traits can be your answer to "what would my character do?" if you don't know how to act. Of course, those are example traits, and you can establish any number and type of traits.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby Alicitzen » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:36 am

Hawkwing425 wrote:Insane = Violent, Angst? What Angst?,

also try to cut down on the "super serious angry at people being emotional" thing, and as an inverse, if you rp as someone emotional, do it for one trial max, it gets tiring quick.
Discord: Alicitzen#1312
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:22 am

Alicitzen wrote:

also try to cut down on the "super serious angry at people being emotional" thing, and as an inverse, if you rp as someone emotional, do it for one trial max, it gets tiring quick.

Not entirely sure what you mean by the first thing. For the second, you CAN play your character as emotional- after all, a real life killing game would be very stressful. But you shouldn’t try to take over the game with how bad your character feels. Let other people do their thing and make sure your character is actually tolerable and useful.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Alicitzen » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Hawkwing425 wrote:
Alicitzen wrote:

Not entirely sure what you mean by the first thing. For the second, you CAN play your character as emotional- after all, a real life killing game would be very stressful. But you shouldn’t try to take over the game with how bad your character feels. Let other people do their thing and make sure your character is actually tolerable and useful.

The first thing is basically being Togami and shutting down everyones emotional stuff.
Discord: Alicitzen#1312
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Hawkwing425 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:23 am

Oh, yeah, fuck Togami. Characters who screw with other characters can be done right, but let characters do their thing. A good character should add on to the experience, not shut down the parts they don't like.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Previous

Return to Dangan Ronpa