Dangan Ronpa XXIII - The End!

Subforum for the popular Dangan Ronpa forum games.

Re: Dangan Ronpa XXIII - Final Chapter: Dawn of the Final Da

Postby ejjinami » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:46 pm

whoops! I was assuming that whispers in the thread aren’t any different from those in PMs.... but it seems that it’s not the case
I screwed up REALLY badly...
sorry xd

15 : 14,5

Last updated: 18.02.2021
ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:09 pm

Chem chem freezes when listening to the last part of Nathan’s explanation.
Shredding machine? You cannot mean... SCP 914?
Seeing the man nod, she stumbles back towards the wall and slips down on her knees, her eyes staring fixedly at an undefined point on the floor. You can hear her laughing to herself creepily as her expression fluctuates between amusement, disbelief and extreme sorrow.

I have failed.
I have neither a desire nor reason to live anymore.

Please...

just let me die.

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby Hawkwing425 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:33 pm

...uh. Okay. Crazy laughter and suicidal tendencies. Yikes. Big yikes. Yikes Krispies. Reminds me of that Justin Catchpool guy who nearly killed me, in a way. Heh. No one else gets that.

[Kam'rae has just about made it to the door.]

She's your problem, guys.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby ejjinami » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:09 pm

Sheridan dearie...
just... once more...

can you grab me by the neck like in the good old times?

You can see a wide yet sad smile blooming on chem’s lowered face as she continues to spew complete nonsense.

We have made so many happy memories together.

Do you remember that time when I insulted your boyfriend and you tried to feed me to the octopus on the ceiling?
Or when you started panicking after I decided to help Kam’rae ravish your body?
It is such a shame that you disagreed back then.
Last edited by ejjinami on Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby squosher » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:36 am

Nathan looks confused as to why Chemist has just announced everything to our captors and begins to back away as well.
I usually go by Stereokuma in-game.

I am Nathan in DR-XXIII.

Help us count to 12020 before 2020
Help us count to 200300 before 2030
squosher
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby LetitiaWilson » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:06 am

Hawkwing425 wrote:Reminds me of that Justin Catchpool guy who nearly killed me, in a way. Heh. No one else gets that.

"Urgh, that worthless invertebrate. My cousin told me about her encounter with him,"

Sheridan gives Chem Chem a look of disgusted contempt.

"If you want to die, go feed yourself to one of the scips, I'm not getting my hands filthy with your blood,"
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ejjinami » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:17 am

You are such a softie...

We would have made a great pair together.

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:00 am

Nathan, are you absolutely sure you destroyed that thing?

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby squosher » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:07 am

It turned into smouldering piles of ashes, so I think so.

I am Nathan in DR-XXIII.

squosher
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby LetitiaWilson » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:39 am

"By the Old Gods, you are pathetic,"

Sheridan sneers as he strides over to where Chem Chem is slumped, looking her over with clear contempt before bringing his foot up to her chest and pressing down, pinning her to the wall. Doctor Wilson watches with interest.

"Look at you, so willing to throw your life away, just because you didn't get whatever little trinket it was that you were after. You disgust me, moaning and complaining that your life is over just because you didn't get your own way for once. Nothing but a childish, mewling quisling whose plan failed. My children didn't even throw as big a tantrum as you are doing when they were fucking TODDLERS,"

His sneer widens into a bloody grin as he presses down with his boot, making it harder and harder for her to breathe.

"Oh, but you are right on one thing - I could kill you right now, and nobody would care. Nobody would miss you. Nobody would even remember your name!"

He pressed down a bit more....than laughs as he steps back and turns his back on her.

"But like I said before, suicide isn't allowed here, so get your worthless hide back into gear and get looking for those two remaining cards. Or don't, I don't care either way.

Oh, and you all have just two hours to get your final actions sent,"
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby LetitiaWilson » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:37 pm

"Oh dear, it seems SOMEbody thinks sending their actions is not important enough. But I am such a nice person, reminding you all that you have one hour left, and to prove how nice I am, I'll even give you a hint!

One of the cards is in an SCP's containment. Now chop chop! Time's wasting!"
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ejjinami » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:39 pm

Chem drops onto the floor with a thud, not bothering to soften her fall in any way and just stays there.

Have more confidence in yourself, sweetie. You are worth so much more than a mere trinket.
She says, looking calmly at the ceiling.

Just in case we actually have to find all cards, I’ll take SCP 504 and 034. I won’t be an ass and ruin everything for no reason.
Last edited by ejjinami on Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby LetitiaWilson » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:42 pm

"All results will be sent within the hour,"
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ejjinami » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Chem continues to lay on the floor without a care in the world.

I found nothing.

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby squosher » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:31 pm

Same.

I am Nathan in DR-XXIII.

squosher
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Hawkwing425 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:19 pm

Dumb fucking robo-Keters.

[Kam'rae eyes Sheridan... expectantly?]
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:54 am

The final round is over! Please do not post!
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:08 pm

"Really now, I'm disappointed,"

After everyone reconvened in the main hub room, looks of resignation and defeat all around, the two hosts quickly shepherded them into the elevator, Wilson bearing a cold smile while Sheridan just looks...tense. Inside the now not-so-crowded room, the doors hiss shut and the elevator rumbles into life, slowly but with increasing speed it shoots upwards, only to come to an abrupt stop after several minutes. The room on the other side of the opening doors is...for lack of a better word, barren. Just white tiles and walls and tall ceiling, but most important of all is the door on the far wall, a giant metal beast reminiscent of something you would see on a fallout bunker. Above the door is five screens, three of them showing green circles while the other two possess red crosses, and it doesn't take a genius to understand what that means.

The door to freedom is locked.

Doctor Wilson tilts her head, a look of clearly fake sadness on her face as she stares at the remaining players, her gaze leisurely drifting from Kam'rae, who grins in return, to Nathan, who fidgets nervously under her eye, and then to Chem Chem, who simply lies lifelessly where she fell. Wilson tuts, as if admonishing a child, then she bursts into derisive laughter. Behind her, Sheridan stands quietly, examining his nails with a look of boredom on his face, barely glancing up when Doctor WIlson walks straight past him and into the elevator, emerging again a few seconds later, a keycard pinched in her fingers, which she promptly waves at the players, grinning a sadistic grin.

"Even after I was kind enough to give you not one but two hints as to where the final two cards were, you failed miserably. You either gave up completely - " She spits at Chem Chem, " - Decided to would be more fun to cause chaos - " She throws a contemptuous look at Kam'rae, " - Or you were just stumbling around like a brainless insect -" she scornfully laughs at Nathan, " = And where did it all get you? Nowhere! You lost the final game, and as such, your lives are now forfeit, my loyal dog will soon spill your blood before he and I move on to our next game. Though, perhaps I will let you in on one little secret, one you shall take to your graves.

You never could have won.

When the remaining players look at her, clearly confused, she erupts into peals of laughter, walking over to the door and tapping something into the little pad at the side. As she turns back to the group, the screens above the door flicker and change, all revealing the same image - a group of soldiers, a LOT of soldiers, all stood guns at the ready as they wait for another group who are slowly working their way though a metal door, armed with what can only be described as lasers. As they look at this strange scene, Nathan looks up, eyes wide, before poking Kam'rae and pointing at the door through which they should've escaped....more specifically, pointing at the points on the door that are slowly glowing brighter and brighter and brigher.

"That's right, children!" the "good" doctor giggles as she returns to her spot next to Sheridan, who has not moved an inch this whole time, "The Foundation are right on the other side of that door, and if you had managed to open it, do you know what would've happened? If you were lucky, they'd have shot you, and if you were unlucky, you would've been repurposed - they would've erased your minds and sent you right back into another facility to be used as guinea pigs allllll over again, and who knows, you might've ended up in another game of mine!" she stops, as if thinking about something, "Indeed, how do you know you haven't been in this scenario before? Simple - you don't! None of the other players did, the ones who "won"!"

She keeps giggling, clapping her hands together with a cruel yet childish glee as the realisation, that they would've never gotten out of the facility as themselves, starts to sink in. Everything would've been for nothing, all the lives lost, all the people, the friends that they had lost? Forgotten, erased...just like they would be. Chem Chem starts to laugh hysterically once more while Nathan just smiles, as if he thinks this is fair and just for what he has done, but Kam'rae gives a scream of anger, launching herself at the doctor. She doesn't get close before a boot, Sheridan's boot connects with her ribs and sends her flying across the room, hitting the ground with a loud thug. The doctor just continues to laugh as Sheridan smirks at the would-be attacker.

"Buuuut you didn't win, did you? You failed completely, and now you get your so-very-desired freedom," the doctor smiles as she starts to walk back to the elevator, throwing her next words over her shoulder, "Kill them, Sheridan,"

"No,"

Doctor Wilson stops mid-stride, slowly turning to look at her co-host, who keeps his back to her.

"It seems I misheard you. I told you to kill them,"

Sheridan turns to look at her, a small smirk on his face to contrast her growing anger.

"You heard me correctly, doc. I said no,"

She stares at him, completely stunned for several seconds before regaining her composure, turning around and stomping right back up to the smiling demonic creature.

"It seems I've let you have a bit too much freedom for you to have grown so arrogant, or have you forgotten about THIS?!

She snaps her fingers and holds out her hand, where an orb of white light appears, spinning faster and faster until it bursts into a shower of sparkling lights, leaving behind....a smouldering pile of ash. The doctor blinks, mouth dropping open as she stares at the pile of dust in her open palm while Sheridan is now the one to erupt into laughter. Wilson's head shoots up as she stares at the surviving players, gaze eventually falling on Nathan who smiles and waves at her. But before she can do anything else, she yelps as Sheridan grabs her hands and pulls her close, wicked grin never leaving his face as he spins them both in what would, from the outside, look like an almost romantic waltz were it not for the dawning look of indescribable horror on her face and the twisted glee on his. As she gets back to unsteady feet, Kam'rae nudges Nathan and points at the elevator....the door replaced with one of solid wood, painted an eye-searing yellow, and that is where the dancers are heading.

"SUCH ARROGANCE!" Sheridan gives an amused howl as he drags as his reluctant partner towards the looming door, "TO THINK YOU COULD LIE TO ME - ME! THE GOD OF NIGHTMARES! - AND GET AWAY WITH IT! IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED, BUT NOW, MY DEAR, NOW IT'S TIME TO SAY -

He stops their spinning with his back to the players and Wilson facing them, staring at them with a look of pleading in her eyes, but even if they WANTED to help her, there's no way they could interfere quickly enough as, behind her, the door slams open to revealing a swirling rainbow abyss at the same time as Sheridan brings his foot up and places it against her body, wicked smile in place once more.

"Sayonara, bitch,"

With that, he shoves her with all his might, and the remaining few can only watch as she stumbles backwards, her fall caught by multi-joined arms tipped in glass talons which engulf he and drag her into that shimmering void, her scream of terror cut short when the door slams shut with a satisfied groan of wood.

A cold silence falls over the group, but then the severity of their situation is brought back to their minds as there is a loud squeal of metal from the bunker doors. Those on the other side are almost through, bringing with them the imminent fate of the only survivors. They turn back to look at their remaining host, who gives them a nonchalant smile from where he casually leans against the wall, the carnivorous door to his right.

"I did say that if you destroyed the contract, I would provide you with a way out, and there - "he waves a hand at the door to his side, " - It is. Oh, don't worry, I'm a creature of my word, it won't harm you now. And I reckon you have....about 10 seconds before the Foundation cuts their way through that door, so you'd best make your choice. NOW,"

The trio look at each other, clearly not believing a word he says, and with good reason. But as another clang sounds from the other side of the room, Kam'rae strides up to the door, keeping an eye on Sheridan the whole time, just in case this is another trick, but he just grins at her as she reluctantly opens the door and steps into that shimmering vortex. A second later, Nathan quickly runs after her, dragging a lifeless Chem Chem behind him, because he doesn''t want any more blood on his hands, thanks. As soon as the three are through, Sheridan stands and follows them, closing the door behind him.

They're not sure how long it takes, or even remember more about the journey than colours that hated them and echoing laughter of something very unfriendly, but a door swings open into the middle of a grassy field, the vague structures of a city in the distance. Kam'rae emerges first, covering her eyes against the sudden onslaught of sunlight after so long, and Nathan is not far behind...though Chem Chem is nowhere to be seen. The two of them turn to look at each other, then at the door as it creaks shut and, with a glimmer like a heat mirage, disappears, leaving them alone.

Nathan turns as if to say something, but Kam'rae is already walking away in the direction of the city, shouting something about "THAT BASTARD TOOK MY STUFF!" and the revenge she was going to pile upon said-bastard. He sighs, throws one last glimpse at where the door was and makes a mental note to never forget what happened, and for a moment more, he ponders on whether destroying the contract was the right thing to do. Sure, it saved him and Kam'rae and maybe Chem Chem, wherever she'd gone, but it has also unleashed a powerful entity with a thirst for chaos upon the world.

Was the pay-off worth it?

That is a question he would leave for another day, quickly running to catch up with Kam'rae. For now, at least, he's happy to be alive.

They later found out that Chem Chem was indeed alive - she was found by a couple of tourists on the side of the road in a distant city, gibbering wildly, and would now spend the rest of her life in a psychiatric facility. Guess Sheridan got his revenge after all...

Asset
The Ultimate Video Editor
Played by: dota2reporter

Stabbed to death by Nathan on the first night

Lavender
The Ultimate Cryogenic Technician
Played by: Chemist1422

Wrongfully executed for Asset's murder

Erika Furudo
The Ultimate Investigator
Played by: TheGreatFurudoErika

Sacrificed as collateral damage

Liriam Brightwood
The Ultimate Bodyguard
Played by: Hawkwing425

Put through 914 on coarse by Alex on the second night

Alex Evans
The Ultimate Sculptor
Played by: Whatsuppeople

Correctly executed for Liriam's murder

Lost
The Ultimate Mercenary
Played by: GrumpyGoomba

Had her skull crushed by Sevil on the third night

Sevil Atasoy
The Ultimate Forensic Pathologist
Played by: UzayAltay

Correctly executed for Lost's murder

Doctor Letitia Wilson
???
Played by: LetitiaWilson

Fed to an eldritch abomination. Final fate unknown

Kam'rae
The Ultimate Thief
Played by: Hawkwing425

Survived the killing game

Nathan Rand
The Ultimate Notetaker
Played by: Squosher

Chem Chem
The Ultimate Chemist
Played by: ejjinami

Meanwhile...

In a place outside of this realm…

"I'm home!"

“Welcome back...did you have...fun, with your little game?”

“Mmm....It was enjoyable for a while, but the novelty wore out fairly quickly. I’m happy it’s over now,”

“Hm...be that as it may, your....latest actions have caused me some...trouble. The Daughters of the Ankou are rather...displeased with what you did to their sister,”

“Bitch deserved it. Besides, I’m sure Bifrost will spit her out sooner or later, can’t imagine she’d taste that good,”

“Yes, it has already been...complaining. Apparently she has given it….a very nasty stomachache,”

“HA! Knew she was toxic!”

“Regardless….it might be best if you were to… stay out of the spotlight, just for a little while. You know the Daughters are...persistent,”

“Urgh, fine. At least it means I can spend more time with the kids….Wait, who’s gonna take over my next gig?”

“Worry not about that. I will be departing soon,”

“Wait, you mean - ”

“Is there a problem, Sheridan?”

“Hehe...Well, in that case, have fun, father,”

“Oh, I will,”

THE END!
THANK YOU ALL FOR PLAYING!
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Dangan Ronpa XXIII - The End!

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Well.

That happened.

But seriously, thank you all for playing and putting up with my BS. This went a hell of a lot better than my last attempt, though there were still some hiccups.
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby dota2reporter » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:04 pm

grats to all the survivors!
you peeps deserve a lot of credit, especially from the guy who died first lol
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Postby ejjinami » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:18 pm

hahaha, that’s a great way to end this
My character definitely deserved this xD

LetitiaWilson wrote:Well.

That happened.

But seriously, thank you all for playing and putting up with my BS. This went a hell of a lot better than my last attempt, though there were still some hiccups.

tbh I kinda liked the breaks. They were FAR from long enough to make me lose interest in the game and most of them happened when I was busy with other stuff anyway

hosting a game with so much flavor must be really draining and time consuming :/
Kudos to you for flavor btw xD
it was great

sorry for always sending my actions at the last moment lol

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:22 pm

.....just from pure curiosity
would I have succeeded in forcing sheridan to sign the contract?

even if it was written in a different language, there are still ways to go around it... at worst I’d have a 50% chance of becoming his slave instead xD
but I still really wanted to do it god dammit

LetitiaWilson wrote:"Sayonara, bitch"

btw, I absolutely love that quote

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby squosher » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:36 pm

LetitiaWilson wrote:Well.

That happened.

That was a really enjoyable game. I think it was my second favorite DR game, just beaten by murder on the forum express.

Thanks for hosting and apologies for me being completely terrible at role playing as always lol.

I am Nathan in DR-XXIII.

squosher
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:48 pm

ejjinami wrote:.....just from pure curiosity

Trying to do that would've locked you into the Bad Ending, where all the remaining players die.

Yeah, I prepared three endings:

Good Ending, which you got, needed the contract to be destroyed.
Neutral Ending was for if you got all the cards but not the contract.
Bad Ending where you neither got the cards nor destroyed the contract.
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ejjinami » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:08 pm

LetitiaWilson wrote:
ejjinami wrote:.....just from pure curiosity

Trying to do that would've locked you into the Bad Ending, where all the remaining players die.

So I would have failed?
dammit! xD

I probably wouldn’t have minded that anyway tho
I knew that there was no way my character could get a good ending the moment I got the info that I can get my hands on Sheridan’s slave contract

rip other players lol

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

PreviousNext

Return to Dangan Ronpa