Dangan Ronpa XXVI - End

Subforum for the popular Dangan Ronpa forum games.

Re: Dangan Ronpa XXVI - Intermission

Postby dolphina » Sun May 16, 2021 8:31 pm

Joacgroso wrote:
itsmedash2 wrote:What I really want to know was who's bright idea was it to fuck around with the mattresses

dolphina wrote:"I barricaded the door with mattresses because I don’t want any of you with your bad hygiene habits to contaminate the pool.” Caleb scowls, shaking his head. “I know half of you piss in the pools.”

dolphina wrote:A1: “Now, for my first action, I decided I’d go to the pool again. I press the mattresses against the door again, because, I reiterate, don’t take your piss into the pool. When I arrived, Jordan was already swimming.”

asshole >:(
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun May 16, 2021 9:31 pm

Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby LetitiaWilson » Mon May 17, 2021 2:23 am

And now it's time for Public Service Announcement:

Do. Not. Waste. Your. Time. On. Scans.

That is all.
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Emily372 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:01 am

Well, may Jordan, Juniper, and Jan rest in pieces...
Serial Killer has killed the TT Jailor... and now the Town has congratulated that serial killer for no reason.
That TT Jailor has a will covered in blood, making it unreadable...
Since there is no medium, the town lost to the SK.
Emily372
Witch
Witch

Postby itsmedash2 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:15 am

I will be back

I will make sure you all suffer once I start hosting
itsmedash2
Witch
Witch

Postby AcidicBreeze » Mon May 17, 2021 5:28 am

Damn those were some... very gruesome deaths there hey..
AcidicBreeze Gen 2 Edition
Spoiler: Danganronpa XXVI: Marcella Usoro - Ultimate Medic
AcidicBreeze
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner

Postby TheGreatFurudoErika » Mon May 17, 2021 7:36 am

Yo.
TheGreatFurudoErika

Postby AcidicBreeze » Mon May 17, 2021 7:42 am

Sup, nice to meet you.
AcidicBreeze Gen 2 Edition
Spoiler: Danganronpa XXVI: Marcella Usoro - Ultimate Medic
AcidicBreeze
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner

Postby dolphina » Mon May 17, 2021 8:19 am

welcome to hell
not literally but it’s pretty damn close

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Emily372 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:35 pm

Gotta say, I was alone from my second night action to my fourth.
Nobody was with me for any of those actions.
Serial Killer has killed the TT Jailor... and now the Town has congratulated that serial killer for no reason.
Emily372
Witch
Witch

Postby UzayAltay » Mon May 17, 2021 4:02 pm

Spoiler:
itsmedash2 wrote:If I seem upset I'm sorry but every single game I've been in I've died very early. My first I ended up being modkilled because I was sent to a hospital for a week, second I was in a bad spot and my killer didnt bother defending themselves, third was my own fault, and now I die here and I knew I was gonna die with how easy it can be for my FA to break.

TBH You had a really strong skill. Yeah, it might not seen much in first look but if you actually went to places you can use it and then use it, it could cause you to have a very huge edge when/if you decide to apply for being blackened, or just have general information advantage over people.
You were just unlucky that killer decided to target you N1, nothing more or less. I should also say that Acidic was chosen by RNG, If somebody else were chosen they might have not targetted you.
Also you wouldn't die with staying in the room for more than three actions. If your character cannot leave for whatever reason, (e.g. being knocked out) , they can't. But if there is any way your character can leave, the character will go for it even if you don't want.
And now, here is the rant part.

First, I wanna mention that actions and roleplaying parts are going good in my opinion. Could it be better? Sure, but it is going good in my opinion.
One advice I can say is some of you may underestimate how long the subactions are, and send me actions that doesn't fill the time. If you are unsure whether you are filling all subactions or not, feel free to include more and I will cut the actions which exceeds amount of subactions. (And I believe that is the only suggestion you need, you are doing well in that front)

Well... About the investigation and trial.

Fİrst thing first, DON'T assume I made a mistake in handing out investigation results unless I say so. I am reading the thread in a regular basis and will interfere if I made a mistake (unless I thought the mistake I did is small and irrelevant)
And Actually I made a small mistake when giving Letitia an investigation result. I tried to say them there was no towel at the cabinets and the towels are taken from around/general pool area, but they understood is as there is no towels in the cabinets because towels are taken from there. Well, I didn't correct it because I never specified the place when people took towels.
(Also I should say that I reread the investigation I gave to Cheese, like, 5 times after he forgot to mention open door.)
Also if you are the one making investigation which you think might be incorrect, feel free to send a PM to me and I will recheck the result.

Well. Let's get to the main part. What happened and blackened go away? What could go better?
First, I agree that double scan was probably a bad idea. The main value of investigation is coming from questions. Yeah there are some value you are getting from scans, but it is really less compared to actually asking questions.
Well, for your luck, that was actually a lucky double scan, or, actually, at least in my opinion it was at equal value. I am thinking about what else you could learn from an indepth investigation and only thing coming my mind is asking a question about situation of bed and take a response like it seems untouched for a long while, but it wouldn't be a huge clue.
It is also possible you asking a question there that didn't come my mind for finding another clue.
And again, if you indepthed Teachers' room and check sink, see water drops it is simply gg wp, like, I don't think there is a world you cannot connect that to Acidic. They really dodged a huge bullet there.
I don't think much development could be made with other investigation choices. Only room which doesn't checked and related to crime was indepth-teacher's room which is acceptable. I was expecting a close trial at this point.

About questions part, there is one thing I wanna say. An advice. If you are not giving the host some headache with the amount of questions you ask, you are not asking enough questions. I hope I won't be the last host after that advice, lol. I didn't count, but, 60%-70% of questions came from Letitia, which in my opinion illustrates an optimal performance and how few others have asked.

Well. Let's look at investigation:

Pool: Good job Letitia. An excellent investigation. I think the trial could go a bit different if you took the body instead as body was giving more clue regarding the murder, but you did a good job regarding the area you investigated. One thing I should say is I expected you to ask the distance of the body and laptop to the poolside, actually that may be the only question you didn't asked regarded the pool but anyways, it was a great job.
Emily, it was your first trial, so one advice, ask questions. Like worst thing that can happen with it is getting a "you can't determine".

Storage: Well, there wasn't much information you are going to get from there besides items taken. You didn't ask if there are any items used, which could be crucial if that happened but that wasn't the case for this trial.
But again, these kinds of questions are better safe than sorry questions. Maybe 99 of 100 times you will just get a No, but one time you took "yes", you will change all trial.
I am unsure if asking more questions about amount of items would change much. I think I will end up giving an interval, which doesn't change much in my opinion. In my opinion, investigations should felt as real as possible. Sure, there will be some times an information may be given when normally you should be an expert to find out that information (such as me giving out time of death as after A3) but still, an expert can get that information, while I am unsure how you can determine amount of missing buckets with looking inside a box with 100% confidence, or with very little varience.
And still, even an expert can give approximate information for time of death, not exact time.
So yeah, I will probably keep not giving out specific numbers. That information could still be useful in trial, like I think only person who said sth about bringing water to the laptop was Cheese and even he dismissed it quickly. Also, it could be useful by determining who could possibly take bucket.
Well, trial never came to that point, but I don't think that is fault of storage investigation. Still, more questions could be asked. For example, you could consider bucket as a possible way to carry water and ask how big/small they are, how much water they can carry. Or some other recreation questions (such as Letitia mentions filling glitter to bucket, how much glitter does it take?). Still, overall, I think clues for this trial is taken out from there.

North corridor: That was interesting. I was never expecting sb to check corridors. I ended up asking cob to restrict the area because whole corridor would be too much.
Choosing north corridor was the correct choice imo. South corridor wouldn't give much.
Well... Cob. If I were in your place I'd ask more questions about the footsteps. Finding footsteps was a good move, but more could be asked for sure. Still, not a very bad investigation but really, although you wouldn't be able to find out culprit just from there, you could find more clue.

Body: Too few questions. I don't know how many other clues you could find out, but what you found for body was really not much. Always try ask more questions, but if you are checking where body found or body itself, be opportunistic. What clues came from there for this trial? Victim's pockets (which was only an equipment he had by default), body being wet (found in pool), no other mark/injury beside bracelet poison (that is sth), approximate time of death (wasn't helpful much due to alibis.). And if I am not mistaken, Acidic asked about the marks, not Ezra.
What else can be found? There are probably ones who didn't come my mind, but two things came my mind immedieatly. First, face expression. Well, as you will see, other one is a hard to as/hard clue to find, but that wasn't. And what being discussed at this point of trial was Cheeze killing Jordan with throwing laptop to the pool after capturing it by a sneak attack, or after a conflict. So a face like angry, furious, etc. would be expected. You could ask for confirming your doubts on Cheese, at least. And the answer? Happy. Jordan wasn't even knowing who killed him, he was holding his laptop, feeling sorry for not being able to protect it, so he spent his last times with trying to remember his memories with his laptop. Well, you obviously wouldn^'t learn these but learning Jordan was happy when he died could put a huge doubt on all the trial.
Second, well that one was a bigger clue, and hard to obtain. You should have either ask about if there is anything weird about how body overall seen, but, probably better one and the one I expected was "Is there anything which shows Jordan was holding his laptop shortly before he died?" Answer? "Jordan's arms are positioned as if he is hugging something." That would be huge actually. All trial could change.

Kitchen/Computer's room: Both were somewhat irrelevant to crime. I should say that ejji asked more questions, and did a better job to ensure it is not connected (such as asking about water). More questions would be better still, but I cannot speak as certain as I spoke on earlier ones.

TLDR: Ask more questions, give me headaches with questions. Some important clues have been missed because not asking questions.

Rest of trial: Too little theories, too little discussion. Yeah you all thought it wasan easy case, but still, why not try finishing it in 2 days by linking all evidence there? Why it took two full days for you to come foorprints evidence after it was found out quickly?
Because of this, I decided that I will poke people on request during the trial. Amount of questions was, yes, concerning, I was expecting more, but that was the main problem that caused killer to get away very easily.
I am unsure whether people mentioned Acidic arriving at 3rd subaction rather than 2nd ( which is the second big blunder after open door blunder if people didn't, especially when this time two people could find that), which if not happened Acidic could still get away somewhat easily but it would be more challenging.
Yes, Letitia came up with a theory, right, or wrong, don't matter much imo, where are other theories? Was other 10 person really thought this is the case for 100%? If yes, did everyone really compared this theory with evidence? Or just think yeah it makes sense so that must be it. Somehow, Letitia was the only person who come up with a theory, and people just followed them without even cross-checking with evidence. Please, please be more active at trial. There are a lot of things you can do. Even if you have, like, no experience, no idea what to do, just ask people how they think the event happened and then cross-check the evidence. Match alibis with evidence we have (hmm one door is blocked and other is open, Caleb claims to done it, seems fitting ) etc. I feel like the trial was, like, 5 or 6 people and because other voices and ideas were not found, most obvious and somewhat easiest idea has been followed, which turned out wrong. If somebody decided to cross-check truthbullets, clues, however you call it with alibis, ask for what people think about crime, question what Jordan was doing at A4/A5/A6, question what Cheese did at clean-up, question that footsteps clue, and everyone would be actually active, we would have a much entertaining and close trial. At worst, all objections against Cheese theory could be rejected, you could think Cheese spend extra actions to fake footsteps, and Jordan was unlucky with meeting noone except killer after A3. But at least I could say you all tried, but lost because you hadn't considered killer would go with such a risky plan (I don't think I should count amount of things went in favor of killer, simplest example, Letitia went teacher's room without throwing that baloon to ejji, killer is either forced to kill A2 and fakeclaim place, or let Letitia see she were doing sth in front of sink ( probably seeing filling bucket part, too, assuming they would go with interacting with them as original) ), it could be different if you realised that possibility/considered it more likely, so it was a mixture of not finding all clues at investigation + wrong decisions on trial.

Now what do I think? It is 90% due to trial. Unwillingness to actually solve, discuss, engage during trial. Blunder(s) also took a part but I don't think trial even came to a point not being sure when Acidic came become significant, and first one could maybe change its direction but probably not without this amount of discussion. Again, same with other clues not found, they could be significant, but with this amount of willingness the first logical theory would be executed, which is simply what happened.
Again saying, don't afraid to be wrong, don't afraid to ask questions, afraid from being passive and inactive.
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon May 17, 2021 4:54 pm

Yeah, that definitely wasn't my best investigation

I should probably do what I did in XXIV and ask so many questions that I get locked out of investigating further
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon May 17, 2021 5:50 pm

to be fair it was better than last game's last trial

Not that I'm complaining, of course.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon May 17, 2021 5:58 pm

The entirety of XXV was just a prolonged bruh moment
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby TheGreatFurudoErika » Mon May 17, 2021 6:09 pm

It's all on me for being busy the day I replaced in. Otherwise I would have solved this. I apologize.
TheGreatFurudoErika

Postby watchme1 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:10 pm

Rip

That is all.
FM Record - 26 Wins - 33 Losses - 7 Broke/Draw

Rip tosfm
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby Joacgroso » Mon May 17, 2021 7:24 pm

Wait, did dash say he would think of his laptop as his last action? Or is it something you decided on the spot? I would have imagined Jordan dying with a shocked expression.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:31 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:The entirety of XXV was just a prolonged bruh moment

Not for me! I had a great time~
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby cob709 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:00 pm

UzayAltay wrote:North corridor: That was interesting. I was never expecting sb to check corridors. I ended up asking cob to restrict the area because whole corridor would be too much.
Choosing north corridor was the correct choice imo. South corridor wouldn't give much.
Well... Cob. If I were in your place I'd ask more questions about the footsteps. Finding footsteps was a good move, but more could be asked for sure. Still, not a very bad investigation but really, although you wouldn't be able to find out culprit just from there, you could find more clue.

ty ty
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby dolphina » Mon May 17, 2021 8:50 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:

Not for me! I had a great time~

“You won, asshole. And I’m still kinda pissed off about being killed.”

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon May 17, 2021 9:18 pm

get good lmao
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:57 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:get good lmao

Couldn't have put it better myself.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Emily372 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:57 am

I mean, you are right. It is my first trial.
Emily372
Witch
Witch

Postby UzayAltay » Tue May 18, 2021 5:22 am

Joacgroso wrote:Wait, did dash say he would think of his laptop as his last action? Or is it something you decided on the spot? I would have imagined Jordan dying with a shocked expression.
dash said nothing to me after he is injected with poison.
Which is, completely natural.
I both wanted to give dash a good death flavor (as he said, he was dying early for last few games) and thought how Jordan would spend rest of the time, and lying on the floor with thinking past memories was a natural one imo. I hadn't thought what kind of clue it would give until deadly phase, I just went with what felt natural.
Here is the dead flavor, if anyone is interested:
Spoiler: You realised you are about the die, so you lyed to the floor face-up, and started hugging your laptop very strongly, as if you want to remember old, gold days.
"I couldn't protect you", you said, with tearful eyes. Then you accomplished what you wanted. You remembered old, old but very good, very hopeful days. The amount of time you spent with your laptop, beautiful memories. You were filled with hope when you were accepted into Hope's Peak Academy, will it end like that?
You first started to lose your senses, when muttering "I won't forget you."
But that little hope fell into despair, as you started to forget all the memories, one by one, at the end, when you cannot feel anything, including any memory, you could just remember two memories: The time you bought your laptop with your pocket money, and the time you couldn't protect it against the water.

Actually, I would probably look back to there if the question was asked and may answer "both happy and sad" rather than just saying happy but my point about investigation still stands.
Also I suggest you to relook Monokuma Theater after seeing this death flavor.
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby LetitiaWilson » Tue May 18, 2021 6:27 am

Chemist1422 wrote:to be fair it was better than last game's last trial

Not that I'm complaining, of course.

Very little can be worst than that.

At least you didn't have to suffer through hosting it. Jfc, so many times I felt like modkilling people for their stupidity...
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

PreviousNext

Return to Dangan Ronpa