Psychic Apparently Too Powerful

Bug reports that aren't really bugs are stored here.

Psychic Apparently Too Powerful

Postby PterryDactyl » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:55 am

I'm not sure what category this goes in exactly, but I think its something important to be brought up.

So this morning I was playing a game in which a psychic magically discovered 3 evil roles n1. That immediately rose suspicion, because I couldn't see how that's really possible. Of course, by the time night two came around, and they came up with the names of two good roles magically, I was also suspicious. Simply because this is a bit too magically coincidental for a psychic. Now someone mentioned that there's apparently the possibility that this could happen N1, but for this to happen N1 and N2...that gives town too unfair an advantage.

I just want to let a dev know that the probability that this can happen should probably be lowered significantly, or something of the sort.

Here is the original post for reference: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=97327
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Psychic Apparently Too Powerful

Postby Flavorable » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:23 am

-> Moved to Not Bugs, as this is not a bug.

This is probability. It's the same as someone rolling the same role several times in a row without scrolls.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PterryDactyl » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:36 am

Flavorable wrote:-> Moved to Not Bugs, as this is not a bug.

This is probability. It's the same as someone rolling the same role several times in a row without scrolls.

Still though, nevertheless something that should be fixed.
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Jerme » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:38 am

The psychics gets three random names on odd nights, one of them is evil, the other two can be whatever. Having this less variable could grant more info as in, this guy was evil, the other two have to be good or one of them is still evil, the other good... This would make the role stronger. There is nothing to "fix" on the Psychic.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PterryDactyl » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:50 am

Jerme wrote:The psychics gets three random names on odd nights, one of them is evil, the other two can be whatever. Having this less variable could grant more info as in, this guy was evil, the other two have to be good or one of them is still evil, the other good... This would make the role stronger. There is nothing to "fix" on the Psychic.

I dunno. I still think its cheating on this person's part, because they clearly fully knew that all 3 were evil the first time, and both were good the second time. I am still leaning towards suspicious behaviour, but I figured I'd give it the benefit of the doubt.
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Jerme » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:41 pm

Its not a bug on the Psychics role, the rest is up to how the info was used.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Not Bugs