Information will be lost

Bug reports that aren't really bugs are stored here.

Information will be lost

Postby vroom » Wed May 21, 2014 5:17 pm

I don't entirely know if this counts as a bug, but I recently won an awesome game of Town of Salem and noticed that I had gotten the achievement for winning Town of Salem for the first time, even though I know I already have one a game. It seems whenever I try to leave the game, I am given a notice that if I leave, some information will be lost. I'm terribly sorry if this isn't a major problem, or if it only happens to me. I just want to remember these awesome games, and these firsts in my Town of Salem history.
If I wasted your time, then look at the above line, specifically the part that says "I'm terribly sorry," I feel the need to write an in-depth explanation of the game, but that wouldn't belong in the Bug Reports section, would it? :roll:
vroom

Re: Information will be lost

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Thu May 22, 2014 1:48 am

The "some information may be lost" alert when you leave the game just means that if you leave before the game finishes, you won't get your achievements. So if you win but don't stay until is says "X wins" then you won't get it.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby vroom » Thu May 22, 2014 3:48 pm

Well then the problem may only exist for me, as this happens not only after the "X wins" but also after the "X wins" timer runs out in the corner, but thank you for reply and reassurance.
vroom

Postby iggyvolz » Thu May 22, 2014 7:17 pm

vroom wrote:Well then the problem may only exist for me, as this happens not only after the "X wins" but also after the "X wins" timer runs out in the corner, but thank you for reply and reassurance.

The alert will always pop up regardless of whether the timer has run out, because the pop-up is written in Javascript which doesn't communicate with the Flash game. Once the achievements are shown, you won't lose information.
Greatest failures/shitshows:
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby TurdPile » Thu May 22, 2014 8:31 pm

The popup message is based on the browser. It comes up by default as instructed by javascript
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Not Bugs