Investigator Switched Targets At End of Night

Bug reports that aren't really bugs are stored here.

Investigator Switched Targets At End of Night

Postby qwerty7411 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:10 pm

I was playing an investigator game and this is what happened:
1. Chose to investigate a player named lol. The chat said "You have decided to investigate lol tonight."
2. About a second before the night was over, I decided to instead investigate a player named Anakin. I clicked the button next to Anakin just before the night finished and the chat said "You instead decide to investigate Anakin tonight."
3. AFTER the "instead" chat came up, the chat said "Your target could be a Bodyguard, Godfather, or Arsonist."
4. We lynch Anakin the next day and Anakin is vigilante.
5. I'm later lynched for saying the wrong results.
6. lol is later lynched and is revealed to be Godfather (meaning that my investigation never got changed)

I would appreciate if this bug could be fixed or, if not, make investigator results "<name> could be <role>, <role>, <role>." rather than "Your target could be a <role>, <role>, or <role>."

Thanks!
qwerty7411

Re: Investigator Switched Targets At End of Night

Postby Jerme » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:31 am

The issue you reported was simply based on latency, since youzr change of mind did reach the server too late to be processed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Not Bugs