Urgent Need: Report People in Lobby/Waiting Room

Bug reports that aren't really bugs are stored here.

Urgent Need: Report People in Lobby/Waiting Room

Postby elile » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Hello, there is currently a trend of a user by the name of "BlakeKillsNigs" (seen before as "BlakeNukesAfrica" as well) to jump into waiting rooms for games, spam racist shit (such as "God hates n****rs"), leave then immidiately rejoin. There needs to be limits on how fast someone can type in lobby, as well as ways to prevent someone from refreshing page to rejoin lobby or from leaving and rejoining so fast. This kind of behavior is not only completely unethical and annoying, it also prevents games from starting and causing mass issues. They also spam characters such as the swastika, which should also be auto banned from the character/words able to be played.
This individual has been mostly seen in the "practice ranked matches", but may be spotted elsewhere.
Please allow the ability to report individuals both outside of waiting lobbies, as well as within them to ensure problematic individuals such as "Blake" cannot ruin games. Muting individuals automatically for spamming (at least for a period of seconds) from all chat venues would also be beneficial. An IP ban or similar thing for individuals would also help, as since this game is F2P an individual can just keep making accounts for this. They were also spamming a discord link, and links should be auto banned from all venues as well to prevent stuff like this.
Thank you for your time hearing my case, I apologize if this isn't in the right place but the complete lack of this feature and this blatant abuse which wasted like 5 minutes of possible game time for me is infuriating.
elile

Re: Urgent Need: Report People in Lobby/Waiting Room

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:44 pm

Greetings,

1. The ability to report someone in the lobby is a planned, upcoming feature of the unity client
2. IP bans are not as good as you think, since ones IP can be easily changed and thus would it be useless
3. Links are indeed not allowed, but they aren't filtered out atm, not sure if its going to be.
Since neither of those is an actual bug, I move this to "not bugs" now.
I do understand your frustration, but atm there is nothing I can do aside of telling you that those accounts are banned.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Urgent Need: Report People in Lobby/Waiting Room

Postby elile » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:59 am

Jerme wrote:Greetings,

1. The ability to report someone in the lobby is a planned, upcoming feature of the unity client
2. IP bans are not as good as you think, since ones IP can be easily changed and thus would it be useless
3. Links are indeed not allowed, but they aren't filtered out atm, not sure if its going to be.
Since neither of those is an actual bug, I move this to "not bugs" now.
I do understand your frustration, but atm there is nothing I can do aside of telling you that those accounts are banned.

Thank you for your response and update, I will let anyone who experiences more from this issue in game that there is work being done. Thank you for also moving this into a more proper place, I had trouble finding a report/request feature thing in game and just tried to find t he closest thing in forum (however, I have dyslexia and certain fonts are harder for me to read than others). I hope you have a lovely day.
elile

Return to Not Bugs