the timer runs out and the game freezes

Bug reports that aren't really bugs are stored here.

the timer runs out and the game freezes

Postby riversongmlp » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:56 am

First time on the forum and I don`t know if this is the right place to post this but I have been having a glitch in the game. Sometimes whenever the timer runs out, the game just stops, some times I can write in the frozen chat but idk if anyone can see it, and most of the time I can write in my will but idk if it updates. I have to leave the game without people knowing why. It just happened again when I was jailor
riversongmlp

Re: the timer runs out and the game freezes

Postby Jerme » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:31 pm

Are you connecting to the live verison of the game, or the PTR?
Usually when the client freezes it means that your game lost connection ot the server and thus didn't any signal to update.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:20 am

The flash client does not alert you when it disconnects and even a second disconnect could be enough to "kill" the game.
Moving thread as I belevie its not about the PTR.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby michelletippets » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:25 am

This has been happening to me. I have been freezing in game. No particular role and it is becoming very annoying. I have had the lobby freeze twice now and I have very good wifi.
michelletippets
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Wifi can still be unstable in some ways, the game doesn't like disconnects, even if they last only for a second, it could be enough to cause a disconnect, which is symbolized by a phase not going to transfer further.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Not Bugs