Godfather and Jailor Bug

Bug reports that aren't really bugs are stored here.

Godfather and Jailor Bug

Postby DrLettuce14 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:58 pm

I was playing as Godfather and it ended up being myself and Jailor left due to my mafioso dying to a bodyguard. This was in ranked and it was obvious to everyone in the game that this is not an intentional feature. please fix this
DrLettuce14

Re: Godfather and Jailor Bug

Postby DrLettuce14 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:11 pm

After looking over this post, I decided that I should explain more about what I am talking about as this initial post was rushed as I got into a game while typing it.

The bug is that the game ended with a Godfather and a Jailor being the last 2 roles standing. This shouldn't have been the case since the jailor can infinitely jail the Godfather until the game ends in a draw, but instead it ended immediately and gave the win to mafia. This does not appear to be intentional. More information that may help figuring out the cause of this bug would be that my mafioso died that night to a bodyguard protecting the jailor. Having a Godfather, Mafioso, Bodyguard, and Jailor is not a common final 4 and the way it played out was also odd because during the game both myself and my mafioso failed to realise that we were missing a town protective in the graveyard.
DrLettuce14

Re: Godfather and Jailor Bug

Postby Jerme » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:16 pm

The Jailor has no executions left. There is a system called "stalemate detector", which checks for certain 1 vs 1 situations in which the game could draw out endlessy, or one side has zero chance to win and could only "spitekill" the other side (Veteran vs Werewolf). Jailor with no Executions vs Arsonist/Mafioso/Godfather would be included in that Matchup.

Moving to not bugs.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Not Bugs