Claiming Jailor as Vet

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Claiming Jailor as Vet

Postby Yemac » Tue May 14, 2019 9:42 am

literally, f this shit. why even do it
Last edited by Yemac on Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Claiming Jailor as Vet

Postby Transcender » Tue May 14, 2019 9:43 am

could you not go and make fun of the person you reported in strat discussion thanks
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue May 14, 2019 10:13 am

I used to do that. It results in the real jailor jailing you while evils attack you. Giving you away as a liar. Pretty stupid imo. Also you will get tps and lo killed. Don't do that.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Emberguard » Tue May 14, 2019 9:15 pm

Yeah that's a horrible idea. It's more likely you'll kill the doctor, lookout, transporter, bodyguard etc then do any actual good. The only thing you're venerable against while you're being protected is ww and arso. Even then ww could be taken care of by BG and chances are Arso won't kill you straight away.

Of course bad play isn't gamethrowing, it's just not being good at the game
Emberguard
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Pulpp » Wed May 15, 2019 5:16 pm

I wouldn't do it as a vet, as I am more likely to catch townies, but I would do it as a doc or BG (in the hopes I am jailed / connect with the jailor n1 and I waste a self if not). I am willing to be convinced that strategy isn't great though...
Pulpp

Postby BlastingOff » Sun May 19, 2019 8:55 am

The only one that should claim Jailor is the Jailor himself/herself
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue May 21, 2019 11:36 pm

An easy way to ruin a game in 1 day.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
CFM19 - Town Epic Gamer Loss
ToSFM3 - All Jester game.
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue May 21, 2019 11:52 pm

Tbh it can be done for shits and giggles... but that'd be gamethrowing
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby StlnSP » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:43 am

listen, if you are softclaiming jailor/mayor... you either live the next day, or die horribly.

talking about it, psa: IF SOMEONE ELSE ASK FOR TP/LO AND YOU'RE THE JAILOR, JAIL THAT PERSON. chances are they are mayor and no one is dumb enough to claim mayor d1. if they're not mayor, they are pretty susp. or bad player.
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Yemac » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:44 am

nononono that's terrible advice StInSP.

People ask for TP/LO to confirm the TP's and LO's. If you jail that person, you cannot confirm spies, LO's, Doctors, Bodyguard, the whole three.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Medusa asks for tp/lo. Hilarity ensues.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby StlnSP » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:28 pm

ask tp lo as vet. thell townies that they're dumb for falling for the bait. :)
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Dropah » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:23 pm

actually depends, d1 its clearly retarded and you do this only if u want to trigger townies in ranked practice, otherwise if for example all the TP/LOs are dead and jailor knows you, you might as well claim jailor and rampage the maf, solid strat tbh, noobs hate it though cause it's not ""writing your will and claiming only whatever you are if you are towny!!!!" :D :D
Dropah
Jester
Jester

Postby Iluyan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:18 am

Go ahead with this strategy, but for your sake, you better hope I'm not the jailor in that game, as I am executing any jailor claim as jailor without second thought.
Iluyan
Jester
Jester

Postby RedWhaley14 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:05 pm

Yeah, this strategy sucks. I wouldn't recommend using it. The last time I used this strategy, I got the real Jailor hanged and the town was pissed off at me for the rest of the game.

I can see why noobs would use it though. It does call a lot of attention to yourself, and it MIGHT lure evils to you. But don't get me STARTED on how many flaws this strategy has. Here's a brief list of how many things could go wrong.

1. The REAL Jailor can counterclaim you and being able to prove themselves, you will probably get lynched/left to be executed, causing the Town to lose a valuable Townie.
2. This almost guarantees that the REAL Jailor will execute you at night, and even if you aren't executed, any townies trying to visit you will be notified that you are in jail, immediately exposing you as a fake.
3. The Executioner will know you are lying, and could easily get you lynched for it if you are their target, causing Town to lose a valuable Townie.
4. If the town is really stupid, you might get the ACTUAL Jailor lynched. Not only will this out you as a fake AND cause the Town to the most powerful Town role in the game, but it could cause you to see a Vigilante's bullet that night, or you would likely be lynched unless the town thinks that you are a HORRIBLE Jester.
5. If you are exposed as a fake, the Town will VERY likely believe you to be a bad Jester, OR an Evil PRETENDING to be a bad Jester. This could cause you to see a Vigilante's bullet immediately, causing you to lose one or two valuable town.
6. The REAL Jailor could be cleaned. The Janitor would know you are lying if they saw your will, and they would alert the rest of the Mafia not to waste their time visiting you as you are likely a Jester. Townies will also suspect you of being a member of the Mafia pretending to be a Jailor if the real Jailor is cleaned. They will notice that nobody has been jailed for the past few nights and lynch you.
7. This is very unlikely to attract evil roles. Any Killing roles bar the Arsonist or the Werewolf would visit you after you "reveal" as a Jailor, and if these roles do visit you, you are guaranteed to die.
8. This is likely to lure Town Protectives, a Lookout, and a Spy onto you, causing you to kill a lot of the town if the Jailor DOESN'T counterclaim.

All in all, a horrible strategy that only a noob would use.
Favorite Games: Pokemon Shuffle, Town of Salem, Geometry Dash, Chess

I always type long messages, so beware
RedWhaley14
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TesoMayn » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:24 pm

In my opinion, townies claiming anything other than their real role, should be considered gamethrowing.

I had a mayor claim medium in a janitor game, six nights later still didn't reveal, two TS died, so vigi shot the mayor.
TesoMayn
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:14 am

TesoMayn wrote:In my opinion, townies claiming anything other than their real role, should be considered gamethrowing.

I had a mayor claim medium in a janitor game, six nights later still didn't reveal, two TS died, so vigi shot the mayor.

I disagree with this. There can be many good plays where the townie doesn't claim their real role and then leads the town to victory because the evils couldn't predict it.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Return to Strategic Discussion