Claiming Day 2 as Spy

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Claiming Day 2 as Spy

Postby UnoticedShadow » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Just today in ranked I had a game where I was spy, and mafia visited two people. The next day I whispered to a guy named Pizzaboy (one of the two maf visited people) told him he was visited by mafia, and asked him if he was rbed or anything. He refused to give info and asked for spys to claim, and said that "Spy claims are sus from now on" mid day, so I claimed, even though it was just D2. I was immediately pushed on by town and mafia, and was Rbed for the rest of the game by Consort

My question is whether or not I should always be claiming spy D2, as I was planning to wait till day three to claim (bodyguard was dead) with more info. For the future, when is it best to claim D2 as a spy?

(This is my first TOS post, sorry for any mistakes)
UnoticedShadow

Re: Claiming Day 2 as Spy

Postby BlastingOff » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:21 am

Generally, I see it as better if you reveal as Spy D2, since late game Spy claims are quite suspicious. Also, ruling out non-Mafias eary game is pretty good, unless it turns out there's Witch/Trans. I would recommend posting in public though, since some people refuse to share info via whispers.
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby jucktropy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:37 am

As a Spy, If you Do Out Yourself In D2 You will be confirmed Town, So Post your will to your town and give them info also remember this start has been used in so many Ranked Games, Spys Now Reveal D2 Or If they were jailed they claim spy and say the were jailed in master Elo.(Remember Claim Spy Lately will Decrease the chance of you to be confirmed to town)
ImageDark Wings Rise.Image

Spoiler: ImageRanked Elo 2500 Fav Town/NE Roles:
Investigator,Jester,Jailor,Transporter,VampireHunter,Witch

Fav Mafia/Coven/NK Roles:
Godfather,Blackmailer,Consort,WereWolf,Necromancer,PotionMasterImage

ImageDiscord:Scroller#4823Image
Spoiler: Image

jucktropy
Halloween 2019 Winner
Halloween 2019 Winner

Postby Descender » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:36 am

Alot of people work it like a psy, which I think isnt a bad strat
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby OBeauPeep » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:33 pm

Claim D2 as spy when there are no deaths n1, and of course when you are forced to.
Other than that, your experience is a good example of why claiming early is generally bad. Giving the maf your identity makes it easier for them to narrow down targets unimpeded.
OBeauPeep
Witch
Witch

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:31 am

everyone should claim day 1, anyways
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Descender » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:27 am

Hidden stop
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Anyar » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 am

Why not? Every town ever says "late spy claims are sus" anyway.

By claiming early, Janitors don't get to steal your will, you confirm non-mafia, and you help town figure out if there's Consort/Forger/etc.
Anyar
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Transcender » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:12 am

Anyar wrote:Why not? Every town ever says "late spy claims are sus" anyway.

By claiming early, Janitors don't get to steal your will, you confirm non-mafia, and you help town figure out if there's Consort/Forger/etc.

>gf claims bg D1
>real bg claims D2
>since gf was cc'd gf dies
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Randyxpxp » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:17 pm

Google wrote:
Anyar wrote:Why not? Every town ever says "late spy claims are sus" anyway.

>gf claims bg D1
>real bg claims D2
>since gf was cc'd gf dies

>gf claims bg D1
>real bg claims D2
>real bg gets lynched

Also, as to whether to claim spy D2 and when, generally, the meta is to post your results immediately. Otherwise, if you claim late, you will generally be considered suspicious, regardless of whether this is always valid. Sometimes, it may be better to keep a low profile and not claim, but this is situational and depends on a number of factors. If you want credibility and possible protection, claiming immediately is usually best. You may also be an executioner's target, and if you don't claim at all D2, or you only claim once you're accused, you have a higher chance to be lynched. My advice is to not play Ranked at all because it's boring, tightly structured, and rather predictable. Claiming spy D2 in All Any is much more interesting and precarious.
Randyxpxp
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Strategic Discussion