Pro Janitor Strat

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Pro Janitor Strat

Postby Peaoui » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:13 am

Here's an idea for a Janitor strategy.

N1: Clean the Mafioso. If the mafioso doesn't die then this strat is over.

D2: Claim role as Medium, ask for LO and say you will get the dead players role and will the next night.

N2: If there is a real Medium the dead Mafioso claims Spy and posts an agreed will (true Maf Visits but agreed bug target). Since Medium's can't talk to each other at night the dead Maf can "confirm" the Janitor to the Medium by asking for their names.

D3: Janitor tells town the Dead Maf is claiming spy and post the agreed will. This could be confirmed by the other medium if there is one present.

If all went well the Janitor is now a "confirmed" Medium and unlikely to be lynched.

N3: Mafia must kill the Medium (if present) or the Janitor will be exposed very quickly.

D4: Dead Mafioso must convince the dead Medium (if present) to seance a mafia member so the Janitor isn't exposed.

Maf must quickly find and kill the NK role

Pros to this strat:
The Janitor is now a "confirmed" TS Role - throwing suspicion onto other TS claims
The Mafioso is a "confirmed" TI Role - throwing suspicion onto other TI roles and forcing them to keep quiet.

Counters to this strat:
A Sheriff would out the Janitor so fast since the Jan will show as suspect.
A Retributionist can bring back a dead player with knowledge of the Janitor's real role
If the Janitor is promoted to Mafioso an Invest will know they are not Medium
Peaoui
Jester
Jester

Re: Pro Janitor Strat

Postby JoltikIsDubby » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:35 am

Can you actually clean mafia members? It's never something I've paid enough attention to to notice.

This strat is bad though because the janitor will be "confirmed" for one night until someone else dies and goes "hmm I thought there were two meds". And I'd rather bank on the legit medium staying alive and not realizing he's the only med versus killing the legit medium and having him realize "oh he's not med lol" and seancing someone, especially when another dead person might have already realized it at that point.

This strat would be alright if you leave the med alive and maybe have a BMer as a backup.
Hi. I'm an enormous wild card. About half of the time, I'll carry. The other half of the time, I'll be 5 IQ. Half of the time, I'll play super aggressively. The other half, I'll play it really safely.

Last updated: 21:28 EST, 1/23/19
FORUM MAFIA
3 Wins - 2 Losses - 0 DNF - 2 iP
Spoiler: Image
JoltikIsDubby
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby foggyartsit3 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:43 pm

I wouldn't consider this a strategy seeing as how the circumstances in which you'd clean another mafia member are so rare that actively planning this would be impossible outside of a controller environment. That being said this seems more like what someone "winging it" might do, should the opportunity present itself.
living your best life despite knowing that your life couldn't have unfolded any other way is the most effective condemnation of the nature of reality. Done by complying with it in its entirety. Be your best self, you don't have a choice either way.
~A rather optimistic determinist
foggyartsit3
Survivor
Survivor

Postby BlastingOff » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:02 am

Janitor cannot target Mafia and there's no way knowing the Witch N1 without cheating (external info, etc).
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby jucktropy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:44 am

What Are Smoking? Janitor Can't Vist target if he could still MAFIOSO WILL BE ALIVE CAUSE GF CAN'T KILL MAFIA Members & Witch can't do nothing (Can kill mafioso by gf but not clean it too) & WHAT Are The Chances To Have Janitor Game and use it
ImageDark Wings Rise.Image

Spoiler: ImageRanked Elo 2500 Fav Town/NE Roles:
Investigator,Jester,Jailor,Transporter,VampireHunter,Witch

Fav Mafia/Coven/NK Roles:
Godfather,Blackmailer,Consort,WereWolf,Necromancer,PotionMasterImage

ImageDiscord:Scroller#4823Image
Spoiler: Image

jucktropy
Halloween 2019 Winner
Halloween 2019 Winner

Postby TheDebil » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:42 pm

just attack and clean SK, claim SK and say you will side with town much easier guys
TheDebil
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner

Postby BlastingOff » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:46 am

Maifa cannot kill SK, though it could be good if the SK suicides, since Janitor cleaning suicides is really common (and probs the better choice for cleaning).
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Return to Strategic Discussion