The Vampire Paradox

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Re: The Vampire Paradox

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Fri May 03, 2019 8:53 pm

Randyxpxp wrote:
GrumpyGoomba wrote:Mhmm... the problem with the gamethrowing would arise when you have to chose between losing yourself but letting your former faction win or winning but working against your current faction to secure that win.

I'm not completely sure what exactly you mean by this. You use vague terminology and don't give any examples.

I meant to refer to a situation similar to what you mentioned with the mayor and vh. Now imagine how voting out the vh while you are the mayor would secure you the win but make the town lose, which you technically worked AGAINST when you were the mayor which could technically count as gamethrowing. While on the other end if you don't, then the town wins but you get turned into a vampire and get killed by the vh and lose. Now won't that suck.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Randyxpxp » Wed May 08, 2019 8:04 pm

GrumpyGoomba wrote:
Randyxpxp wrote:
GrumpyGoomba wrote:Mhmm... the problem with the gamethrowing would arise when you have to chose between losing yourself but letting your former faction win or winning but working against your current faction to secure that win.

I'm not completely sure what exactly you mean by this. You use vague terminology and don't give any examples.

I meant to refer to a situation similar to what you mentioned with the mayor and vh. Now imagine how voting out the vh while you are the mayor would secure you the win but make the town lose, which you technically worked AGAINST when you were the mayor which could technically count as gamethrowing. While on the other end if you don't, then the town wins but you get turned into a vampire and get killed by the vh and lose. Now won't that suck.

At the end of the day, it's not the mayor's fault that vampires exist as a possible role in the game. If lynching a vampire risks them getting turned and finding themself in a 1v1 against a VH, it's in their interest to lynch the VH. They're not turned yet but they probably will be turned that night and they're effectively a vampire at that point. I personally don't consider this gamethrowing. The mayor could also just not vote and allow the vamps to turn them that night, in which case they can lynch the VH as a vampire instead of as town.
Randyxpxp
Transporter
Transporter

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Sat May 11, 2019 2:47 am

Randy, I can easily answer your question very well, but you probably wont like the answer.

In all any and classic, people are new and most of the times don't know all of these interactions. That is why I think there should be another mode for pro players other than ranked because ranked is dull and boring as shit. Bmg needs to add a new ranked or change the existing one, or make a custom for 1.8k elo player and above; i am not really sure how they will do it (Probably change the existing one), but they need to do it and need to do it fast
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby Randyxpxp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:11 pm

FrenchyTheSphee wrote:Randy, I can easily answer your question very well, but you probably wont like the answer.

In all any and classic, people are new and most of the times don't know all of these interactions. That is why I think there should be another mode for pro players other than ranked because ranked is dull and boring as shit. Bmg needs to add a new ranked or change the existing one, or make a custom for 1.8k elo player and above; i am not really sure how they will do it (Probably change the existing one), but they need to do it and need to do it fast

I appreciate this comment. I agree that a lot of the issues stem from players being new and not knowing the game dynamics as well. I was new once too but it still frustrates me when very obvious mistakes are made. That's why I typically only play NK and NE now, because of all the negative experiences I've had as town, mafia, and vampire. As to a new mode, I'd be interested in the possibilities, although despite the common problems of All Any, I like the mixture of new and experienced players it has to offer. I just don't like to be directly aligned with a lot of new players.
Randyxpxp
Transporter
Transporter

Previous

Return to Strategic Discussion