Stop paradox outplays attempts

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Stop paradox outplays attempts

Postby Lachek » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:26 am

This is mostly for new players seeing themselves as geniuses.

If everything goes well for town (n1 only 1 person died, no one was lynched d2 or there was 1 for 1 lynch) don't false claim as town.

Mafia has much more info than town, so if you try to outplay them by false claiming then town will also be confused and in most cases you will be lynched.

I see a lot of that and then person who tried this "outplay" calls town members names and have no idea how they couldn't see through his play.
Sey979 wrote:The problem is that you don't listen to players who play the game. You listen to someone else that don't play the game or barely play. Why did you even ban SkyElo, the #1 in the leaderboard?
Your members of trial system also promote bad playstyles. They bully serious ranked players.
Lachek
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:29 am

Re: Stop paradox outplays attempts

Postby Aubrieta » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:03 pm

The issue is ego. They know that depending on the queue, people aren't going to "get" their play style and will most likely result in town being confused and town losing, but nonetheless, still choose to go this route. Hey, to each their own so if they want to do it, then do it as it isn't actual game-throwing if it wasn't intentionally going against your own role's goal. The only issue is being toxic afterwards and trying to make themselves feel superior that nobody understood their genius, knowing full well they were running into a fire they started on their own accord.
Aubrieta
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Re: Stop paradox outplays attempts

Postby EqsyLootz » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:27 pm

Aubrieta wrote:The issue is ego. They know that depending on the queue, people aren't going to "get" their play style and will most likely result in town being confused and town losing, but nonetheless, still choose to go this route. Hey, to each their own so if they want to do it, then do it as it isn't actual game-throwing if it wasn't intentionally going against your own role's goal. The only issue is being toxic afterwards and trying to make themselves feel superior that nobody understood their genius, knowing full well they were running into a fire they started on their own accord.


no
- Haggis 2021
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Trial Juror: 4.6k Trial Rating~~
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
~~Traitors in Salem Alpha Access Fun game~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: Lurking in the Trial Server

Re: Stop paradox outplays attempts

Postby Crona111 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:14 pm

Lachek wrote:This is mostly for new players seeing themselves as geniuses.

If everything goes well for town (n1 only 1 person died, no one was lynched d2 or there was 1 for 1 lynch) don't false claim as town.

Mafia has much more info than town, so if you try to outplay them by false claiming then town will also be confused and in most cases you will be lynched.

I see a lot of that and then person who tried this "outplay" calls town members names and have no idea how they couldn't see through his play.


Not sure what you're getting at, are you saying Mafia shouldn't claim town roles? Or is this directed at town themselves?
Damn I'm too lazy to add anything.

If you see "Purple Popcorn" in your game I love you.
User avatar
Crona111
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:02 pm
Location: Ontario,Toronto

Re: Stop paradox outplays attempts

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:10 am

Crona111 wrote:Not sure what you're getting at, are you saying Mafia shouldn't claim town roles? Or is this directed at town themselves?

Lachek wrote:This is mostly for new players seeing themselves as geniuses.

If everything goes well for town (n1 only 1 person died, no one was lynched d2 or there was 1 for 1 lynch) don't false claim as town.

Mafia has much more info than town, so if you try to outplay them by false claiming then town will also be confused and in most cases you will be lynched.

I see a lot of that and then person who tried this "outplay" calls town members names and have no idea how they couldn't see through his play.
I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
User avatar
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3716
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Stop paradox outplays attempts

Postby blackaxe3 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:02 pm

I personally never fake claim as Town, unless I’m mayor. But I see the reasons behind it and it actually can work well if done correctly. I think this really is a new player problem, older players are better at using this strategy correctly.
My Name Picks:

Dreadful - my default pick
France - for country theme and smaller communities like Rainbow
Melon King - when someone named themself Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
User avatar
blackaxe3
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:34 am
Location: Random Town Of Salem Village

Re: Stop paradox outplays attempts

Postby Crona111 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:19 pm

Joacgroso wrote:
Crona111 wrote:Not sure what you're getting at, are you saying Mafia shouldn't claim town roles? Or is this directed at town themselves?

Lachek wrote:This is mostly for new players seeing themselves as geniuses.

If everything goes well for town (n1 only 1 person died, no one was lynched d2 or there was 1 for 1 lynch) don't false claim as town.

Mafia has much more info than town, so if you try to outplay them by false claiming then town will also be confused and in most cases you will be lynched.

I see a lot of that and then person who tried this "outplay" calls town members names and have no idea how they couldn't see through his play.


lol they edited it after I sent that
Damn I'm too lazy to add anything.

If you see "Purple Popcorn" in your game I love you.
User avatar
Crona111
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:02 pm
Location: Ontario,Toronto

Re: Stop paradox outplays attempts

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:26 pm

That's impossible. You quoted them on your own post, and editing a post doesn't affect its quotes.
I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
User avatar
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3716
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Stop paradox outplays attempts

Postby blackaxe3 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:00 pm

I guess that “edit” is a paradox outplay in itself.
My Name Picks:

Dreadful - my default pick
France - for country theme and smaller communities like Rainbow
Melon King - when someone named themself Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
User avatar
blackaxe3
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:34 am
Location: Random Town Of Salem Village


Return to Strategic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests