Fakeclaiming sheriff day 2

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Fakeclaiming sheriff day 2

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:29 pm

I've seen many jailor using this strategy in "high elo ranked" when they force whoever they jail first to fakeclaim sheriff and accuse a random person day 2 of being suspicious. What are your thoughts on this strategy? I know reading votes is a good idea, but is it necessary to force a false 1 for 1 in order to get them? Can't you just VFR?
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: Fakeclaiming sheriff day 2

Postby Ezradekezra » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:47 pm

I've never seen this strategy in action before but it sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth

My strat is to vfr non-talkers until a scum is caught
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:13 pm

I've seen it in some youtube videos and reports from ranked.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby EqsyLootz » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:10 am

Overall, the strategy could be beneficial to weasle out weaker claims and see how people react then the player could just say it was jailors idea!

Or if jailor suspects the person they jailed it could be a sort of setup you know?

I've never tried it personally but seems interesting.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:21 am

Joacgroso wrote:I've seen many jailor using this strategy in "high elo ranked" when they force whoever they jail first to fakeclaim sheriff and accuse a random person day 2 of being suspicious. What are your thoughts on this strategy? I know reading votes is a good idea, but is it necessary to force a false 1 for 1 in order to get them? Can't you just VFR?

It's a pretty good strategy and is a better alternative than fake claiming sheriff D2 yourself because it means you won't have to out yourself if the person you want to accuse turns out to be town. You can also use this strategy to figure out if your jailee is evil or not. Obviously though, the other players would probably report you for gamethrowing if the play goes wrong because a lot of ranked players (especially ones in lower elo) are metaslaves who still claim jailor D1.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:39 pm

I still don't get how that is better than VFR. I can understand fakeclaiming sheriff to out someone you scumread, but why do that randomly on day 2? Won't evils get mayority after a misslynch? I can imagine that many townies will vote guilty too if there is a sheriff claim involved, so it's not like you can scumread much out of it unless you are very lucky and accuse an evil.

Also, how can you tell wheter the person you forced to fakeclaim is evil or not? I honestly don't get this strategy.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Aubrieta » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:07 pm

You need to do it with people you trust. Doing this strategy with a random queue is a recipe for probable disaster with the current game mode where if evils get 6v6 and no mayor, it's over for town. So weigh the benefits with the risks, or else you'd have played a major part in town losing. Also, since you have the freedom to ask/tell someone you jailed to pretend to find a sus n1, then the person also has a freedom to not listen to you. If you then execute them anyway out of spite, knowing they can just be a townie that doesn't agree with your method, then you can be reported for game throwing.
Aubrieta
Survivor
Survivor

Postby blackaxe3 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:04 pm

If a strategy is used in “high Elo ranked” that’s a warning not to use it.
My Name Picks:

Royal Match - my default pick
Melon King - when someone named themselves Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
blackaxe3
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Strategic Discussion