What is it with this new silent Jailor Meta?

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

What is it with this new silent Jailor Meta?

Postby Yemac » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:17 am

As the title says. What is it with this new silent Jailor Meta? I know there is witch, but jailor dying n1 is basically an auto-loss for town since town is too dumb to function without jailor
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: What is it with this new silent Jailor Meta?

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:37 am

chances are low enough that it works
especially if you speak d1
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:38 am

There are noobs that think that the guaranteed Witch makes the Jailor meta not worth it, even though it very much is. The Witch doesn't even go on the Jailor most of the time anyway, which makes it even dumber.

There are also some people who feel the need to harass the Jailor every time they meta, which is annoying as fuck. I may or may not have one particular user in mind when saying this.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:40 am

Ezradekezra wrote:There are noobs that think that the guaranteed Witch makes the Jailor meta not worth it, even though it very much is. The Witch doesn't even go on the Jailor most of the time anyway, which makes it even dumber.

There are also some people who feel the need to harass the Jailor every time they meta, which is annoying as fuck. I may or may not have one particular user in mind when saying this.

:eyes:
who are you talking abt
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby dolphina » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:36 pm

silent or not nobody cares

if you dont stick out as silent jailor and do things appropriately you can do stuff well

ive seen good silent jailor metas, bad silent jailor metas, good regular jailor metas, bad regular jailor metas. it all just depends on how good you are at playing jailor
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:33 pm

if youre bad just do a generic jailor meta doe
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:19 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:There are noobs that think that the guaranteed Witch makes the Jailor meta not worth it, even though it very much is. The Witch doesn't even go on the Jailor most of the time anyway, which makes it even dumber.

You would rather bet your executes on whether or not the witch is stupid? There is a 1/11 chance at best that a silent jailor gets randomly killed N1 by mafia, and this chance decreases if the jailor does a fake vet bait D1. I don't really care if the jailor does meta. I mean, if the jailor is great at leading town during the day and gets evils lynched easily, he doesn't really need his executes.

What annoys me is when a jailor does meta D1, and then proceeds to play like shit, and later on proceeds to complain about "tOo MaNy WhIsPeRs". At that point, I might feel the need to bully them.

Another kind of jailor I don't like? The kind of jailor that does meta but for some reason DOES NOT LEAD TOWN. Anyone who plays like THAT just needs to straight up quit the game.

Oh also I am aware there are counters to witch, but those are usually unreliable. Lookout is a thing, but the witch can just claim TP. Transporter is a thing, but if witch "doesn't go on jailor most of the time", then transporter would probably go on the jailor once in a blue moon. Oh, don't get me wrong, they do it N1, I've seen plenty of THAT. Just rarely N2, where transporting the jailor is actually useful.

Tl;dr if you want to meta, make sure you can lead town well and don't expect to have any exes to fall back on, because you will be reduced to pretty much a mayor minus the extra votes.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:40 am

OreCreeper wrote:

You would rather bet your executes on whether or not the witch is stupid? There is a 1/11 chance at best that a silent jailor gets randomly killed N1 by mafia, and this chance decreases if the jailor does a fake vet bait D1. I don't really care if the jailor does meta. I mean, if the jailor is great at leading town during the day and gets evils lynched easily, he doesn't really need his executes.

What annoys me is when a jailor does meta D1, and then proceeds to play like shit, and later on proceeds to complain about "tOo MaNy WhIsPeRs". At that point, I might feel the need to bully them.

Another kind of jailor I don't like? The kind of jailor that does meta but for some reason DOES NOT LEAD TOWN. Anyone who plays like THAT just needs to straight up quit the game.

Oh also I am aware there are counters to witch, but those are usually unreliable. Lookout is a thing, but the witch can just claim TP. Transporter is a thing, but if witch "doesn't go on jailor most of the time", then transporter would probably go on the jailor once in a blue moon. Oh, don't get me wrong, they do it N1, I've seen plenty of THAT. Just rarely N2, where transporting the jailor is actually useful.

Tl;dr if you want to meta, make sure you can lead town well and don't expect to have any exes to fall back on, because you will be reduced to pretty much a mayor minus the extra votes.

1/11 is not accurate
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:17 am

OreCreeper wrote:

I use silent jailor since before the last season ended after I relized how lame it was for everyone

Yeah fair point

NO, if jailor doesnt leads town there is no problem with that, as long as they play good or avarage, if I get revealed as jailor I dont lead unless town really is bad, when LO and other ppl whisper me I just tell them that they dont need to go on me all nights and that they can work on their own, and usually that it way better that me being jailor, vigi, esc, LO, bg and sheriff at the same time

syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:18 am

Descender wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:

1/11 is not accurate

Suposing mafia doesnt cares what anyone said then yeah, chances of silent jailor dying n1 are 1/11
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:19 am

Yemac wrote:As the title says. What is it with this new silent Jailor Meta? I know there is witch, but jailor dying n1 is basically an auto-loss for town since town is too dumb to function without jailor

Then the loss is well deserved, I have died N1 as jailor or vigi (with no more TKs) and town has won those games regardless, if town is good then they dont even need a jailor
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Cubical » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:01 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:

I use silent jailor since before the last season ended after I relized how lame it was for everyone

Yeah fair point

NO, if jailor doesnt leads town there is no problem with that, as long as they play good or avarage, if I get revealed as jailor I dont lead unless town really is bad, when LO and other ppl whisper me I just tell them that they dont need to go on me all nights and that they can work on their own, and usually that it way better that me being jailor, vigi, esc, LO, bg and sheriff at the same time

You don't actually need to lead town, but silent jailor is way better for that because you can still execute. If you meta as jailor but don't lead town, you are basically useless because you can't execute at night and you don't do much during the day.
Last edited by Cubical on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cubical
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Cubical » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:04 am

Descender wrote:if youre bad just do a generic jailor meta doe

Actually if you are bad you should definitely not meta because bad players are obviously going to be bad at leading town. What a bad jailor should do is just stay silent never scumread at all when there is no immediate need and only execute confirmed evils. Only start guessing when town is about to lose majority, because there will be less players then so it's less likely the bad jailor will misexecute. At that point, just jail someone who is quiet/sus and execute them if they claim a role that isn't confirmed.
Cubical
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Cubical » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:06 am

I personally do silent jailor meta because it's boring if i can't execute because of the witch. I agree with the other players that a jailor who does meta should be able to lead town. That is the main advantage of jailor meta over just tp/lo meta, the town can actually trust the guy who calls for tp/lo to lead them cus its the jailor. Other than that there is no advantage.
Cubical
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Cubical » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:07 am

dolphina wrote:silent or not nobody cares

if you dont stick out as silent jailor and do things appropriately you can do stuff well

ive seen good silent jailor metas, bad silent jailor metas, good regular jailor metas, bad regular jailor metas. it all just depends on how good you are at playing jailor

Pretty much this^
Cubical
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:44 am

Cubical wrote:I personally do silent jailor meta because it's boring if i can't execute because of the witch. I agree with the other players that a jailor who does meta should be able to lead town. That is the main advantage of jailor meta over just tp/lo meta, the town can actually trust the guy who calls for tp/lo to lead them cus its the jailor. Other than that there is no advantage.

witch doesnt always go for jail bc lo
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:37 am

anyway we shouldnt forget that jailor meta shouldnt exist in first place
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:44 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:anyway we shouldnt forget that jailor meta shouldnt exist in first place

i mean
it works
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:21 pm

Descender wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:anyway we shouldnt forget that jailor meta shouldnt exist in first place

i mean
it works

Jailor meta is basically forfeiting the ability to execute until the witch is dead (you also can't jail mayor for protection or anything like that if you haven't lost your exes already).

It works if jailor is an absolute god at leading the town. Otherwise, silent jailor is much more effective. Jailor meta keeps the jailor alive with the downside of reducing them to nothing but a confirmed townie. The jailor will pretty much be playing old retributionist who used his resurrection.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Descender » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:35 am

OreCreeper wrote:
Descender wrote:

i mean
it works

Jailor meta is basically forfeiting the ability to execute until the witch is dead (you also can't jail mayor for protection or anything like that if you haven't lost your exes already).

It works if jailor is an absolute god at leading the town. Otherwise, silent jailor is much more effective. Jailor meta keeps the jailor alive with the downside of reducing them to nothing but a confirmed townie. The jailor will pretty much be playing old retributionist who used his resurrection.

lookout exists
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:49 am

Descender wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:
Descender wrote:

i mean
it works

lookout exists

Whats the point on knowing who the evils are if you dont have enough votes to lynch them
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Descender » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:05 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Descender wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:
Descender wrote:

i mean
it works

lookout exists

Whats the point on knowing who the evils are if you dont have enough votes to lynch them

you definitely do
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:12 am

Descender wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Descender wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:
Descender wrote:

i mean
it works

lookout exists

you definitely do

Mafia kills someone N1

Mafia and exe push for a misslynch

Witch controls jailor N2, mafia kills someone N2

6v6 you cant vote
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Descender » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:16 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Descender wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Descender wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:
Descender wrote:

i mean
it works

lookout exists

you definitely do

Mafia kills someone N1

Mafia and exe push for a misslynch

Witch controls jailor N2, mafia kills someone N2

6v6 you cant vote

thats wcs and the rolelists fault
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:23 am

Descender wrote:thats wcs and the rolelists fault

Well yes obviously the new rolelist played a big part in making the jailor meta not as good as it used to be. So basically we're all on the same page here, so I don't get why we're arguing.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Next

Return to Strategic Discussion