Arsonist claiming TI

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Arsonist claiming TI

Postby MafiaxSK » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:20 am

I tried this in AA once and it worked, haven’t gotten the opportunity to try it again though.

The fact that arso now douses people who visit him is an underrated feature. If you are attacked at night, you can usually tell who did it unless they were already doused (in which case, it’s still possible to figure out via process of elimination, unless you have the majority of people doused). Unless you’re sure it’s vig, claim sheriff and say that your attacker is suspicious. Even if they accuse you on the stand, it’s likely town will think they’re being salty or trying to get you lynched to help their living teammates. If there’s a spy and they say you’re visited by mafia, you can call out the RM who visited you as sus. If you don’t want to call out evils straight up, you can fake an invest will with reasonable accuracy and use it to cast suspicion on evils later in the game to thin out the mafia. In coven, you could also use this same strategy with psychic or even tracker.

In ranked or RP, if you’re investigated, by that point everyone knows it’s an arso game and will probably just think you’re doused. In AA people would be more likely to think that you’re doused rather than arso faking TI, I think, but if another arsonist dies you can always say that you investigated them and that you must be doused.
MafiaxSK
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Arsonist claiming TI

Postby RiceHatMan » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:31 am

MafiaxSK wrote:Even if they accuse you on the stand, it’s likely town will think they’re being salty or trying to get you lynched to help their living teammates. If there’s a spy and they say you’re visited by mafia, you can call out the RM who visited you as sus.

Firstly, the Mafioso will out you too, people won't think they're being all "salty". They know their target's defense was too high, and Town knows no one else is claiming to be attacked and there is no Mafia kill. It's a 2 for 0 for Town, especially if there is a Spy confirming your were attacked through visits. You just assumed a random RM would visit you, how do you even know they were RM? I don't get this part at all, "If there’s a spy and they say you’re visited by mafia, you can call out the RM who visited you as sus." This is used as a last resort, and if there is no Spy, it might be better to make a silent agreement with Mafia not to out each other.

Other than that, TI is a good claim, just not used like this.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby MafiaxSK » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:31 pm

If a spy says at the beginning of the day that mafia visited you, and there’s only one new person doused that night but you weren’t attacked, it’s likely RM unless you think you already actively doused the RM. It can’t be someone that got doused by visiting you the other nights because spy would’ve said something then as well, unless they were rbed. If spy says mafia didn’t visit you then you know any visitors are town (unless disguiser) and you can use that to help with a sheriff or invest will. And if you were attacked (and you know there’s no SK or vig) and spy doesn’t put you in their results, then you know it’s a fake spy and can do whatever you want with that info.

Even if you don’t call them out publicly as sheriff, it’s easy to fake an invest (or psy in coven) will and then later be like “yknow this person might be evil, look at my N[X] results...” in whispers if you think you’re at risk of being called out. Or you can even just wait to call them out as sheriff when you know you can probably win the next night or that mafia is in a situation where if they outed you the next day they’d lose majority.

If you call out a maf as arso and they’re willing to out you on the stand, at least in ranked/RP, they would probably have outed you in their death note the next night or sold you out the next day, so imo you don’t have much to lose.
MafiaxSK
Transporter
Transporter

Postby RiceHatMan » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:02 pm

MafiaxSK wrote:If a spy says at the beginning of the day that mafia visited you, and there’s only one new person doused that night but you weren’t attacked, it’s likely RM unless you think you already actively doused the RM. It can’t be someone that got doused by visiting you the other nights because spy would’ve said something then as well, unless they were rbed. If spy says mafia didn’t visit you then you know any visitors are town (unless disguiser) and you can use that to help with a sheriff or invest will. And if you were attacked (and you know there’s no SK or vig) and spy doesn’t put you in their results, then you know it’s a fake spy and can do whatever you want with that info.

This is a good strategy. Town will need to be very observant to catch it.

MafiaxSK wrote:Even if you don’t call them out publicly as sheriff, it’s easy to fake an invest (or psy in coven) will and then later be like “yknow this person might be evil, look at my N[X] results...” in whispers if you think you’re at risk of being called out. Or you can even just wait to call them out as sheriff when you know you can probably win the next night or that mafia is in a situation where if they outed you the next day they’d lose majority.

If you call out a maf as arso and they’re willing to out you on the stand, at least in ranked/RP, they would probably have outed you in their death note the next night or sold you out the next day, so imo you don’t have much to lose.

Overall, this is good, I just don't agree with the whole Mafioso attacking you thing.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:11 pm

You can always claim healed and call hypnotist. Dumb towns might buy it. Of course, hoping town to be dumb isn't the best play.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Strategic Discussion