The holy transporter strategy

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

The holy transporter strategy

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:13 am

Do you thave trouble winning as transporter? Do you want to carry your team? Do you want to finish games in less than 15 minutes and become the hero of the town? This strategy might help you with that.
First of all, I want to clarify that this strategy isn't mine. In fact, it's known between experienced players. But since I didn't see it posted on the forums, I decided to share it. A youtuber called Holly the Mayor is known for using it, and I found it that way.
I tried this strategy in my last transporter game and it worked perfectly. This method is brilliant because, although it requires luck and has low chances of success (32.5% aproximately), it can single handely win you the game by day 2. If it fails, nothing bad happens. That's why you should try this every time you are transporter.
The first thing you have to do is transporting 2 random people (not you) night 1. Try to avoid the veteran and the jailed player. You want to transport one mafia member.
The second step is whispering one of the transported players (the one you suspect the most, even if it's luck-based) as soon as day 2 starts that you are the witch who witched them night 1, and ask them for the name of all mafia members so you don't witch them.
They will believe you witched someone else but aren't aware they were transported. If they are town, they will laugh at you and expose you inmediately. All you have to do is claim transporter and post your will. Everyone will trust you after that. Just say you were testing them and move on. You can also trust that player a bit more during the game, although keep in mind that experienced players won't reveal the mafia to a witch claim unless they are personally witched.
If you targeted a mafia member, you pretty much won the game. Convince them to reveal you the whole mafia and post it in chat as soon as you get it, while claiming transporter. Town will trust you because you are a transporter, and you will be doing a 1 for 4 with the whole mafia. Since you transported 2 people night 1, no one will be able to call you NE, since NEs have no one to lie for them. As soon as you or a mafia member dies, all the mafia will get killed and town will praise you. If the mafia member asks you to prove yourself fist, you may not get the names, but at least you will know that player is evil.
Even if you target a neutral, they might reveal to you and you will be able to expose them. If someone doesn't out you after whispering, you know they are evil even if they don't share numbers, so you can still kill them. The hardest result to predict is targeting the NE, who will know you are lying if you are playing ranked. If you are lucky, they might reveal to you thinking you are mafia. If not, they might give you false information, but at least you will be able to get them killed.
This strategy has aproximately 32.5% odds of working if you play with the ranked rolelist, especially against unexperienced players (there are 13 possible targets night 1 excluding you and the jailor, with 5 of them resulting in success and 11 out of 13 odds of not transporting a jailed player). Even if you are in high elo, there are lots of people who will fall for it because the system doesn't always match people with similar elos. There's no reason not to try it. Here are some examples of the strategy being used:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9K8OvHvuCI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6-NQN3zO2w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7qUqmdIkIQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ly1jZ6zmE
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewReport.php?id=3125525 --> The poor guy I used this strategy against got reported. You can see the game there.
This strategy can also work if you are mayor, but in that case you will need to target someone who claimed transported first, and they will be less likely to believe you. Don't try this as any other role, since town might believe you are NE. You can try your luck and use this as a jester too.
Have fun!
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: The holy transporter strategy

Postby OreCreeper » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:43 am

Joacgroso wrote:Do you thave trouble winning as transporter? Do you want to carry your team? Do you want to finish games in less than 15 minutes and become the hero of the town? This strategy might help you with that.
First of all, I want to clarify that this strategy isn't mine. In fact, it's known between experienced players. But since I didn't see it posted on the forums, I decided to share it. A youtuber called Holly the Mayor is known for using it, and I found it that way.
I tried this strategy in my last transporter game and it worked perfectly. This method is brilliant because, although it requires luck and has low chances of success (32.5% aproximately), it can single handely win you the game by day 2. If it fails, nothing bad happens. That's why you should try this every time you are transporter.
The first thing you have to do is transporting 2 random people (not you) night 1. Try to avoid the veteran and the jailed player. You want to transport one mafia member.
The second step is whispering one of the transported players (the one you suspect the most, even if it's luck-based) as soon as day 2 starts that you are the witch who witched them night 1, and ask them for the name of all mafia members so you don't witch them.
They will believe you witched someone else but aren't aware they were transported. If they are town, they will laugh at you and expose you inmediately. All you have to do is claim transporter and post your will. Everyone will trust you after that. Just say you were testing them and move on. You can also trust that player a bit more during the game, although keep in mind that experienced players won't reveal the mafia to a witch claim unless they are personally witched.
If you targeted a mafia member, you pretty much won the game. Convince them to reveal you the whole mafia and post it in chat as soon as you get it, while claiming transporter. Town will trust you because you are a transporter, and you will be doing a 1 for 4 with the whole mafia. Since you transported 2 people night 1, no one will be able to call you NE, since NEs have no one to lie for them. As soon as you or a mafia member dies, all the mafia will get killed and town will praise you. If the mafia member asks you to prove yourself fist, you may not get the names, but at least you will know that player is evil.
Even if you target a neutral, they might reveal to you and you will be able to expose them. If someone doesn't out you after whispering, you know they are evil even if they don't share numbers, so you can still kill them. The hardest result to predict is targeting the NE, who will know you are lying if you are playing ranked. If you are lucky, they might reveal to you thinking you are mafia. If not, they might give you false information, but at least you will be able to get them killed.
This strategy has aproximately 32.5% odds of working if you play with the ranked rolelist, especially against unexperienced players (there are 13 possible targets night 1 excluding you and the jailor, with 5 of them resulting in success and 11 out of 13 odds of not transporting a jailed player). Even if you are in high elo, there are lots of people who will fall for it because the system doesn't always match people with similar elos. There's no reason not to try it. Here are some examples of the strategy being used:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9K8OvHvuCI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6-NQN3zO2w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7qUqmdIkIQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ly1jZ6zmE
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewReport.php?id=3125525 --> The poor guy I used this strategy against got reported. You can see the game there.
This strategy can also work if you are mayor, but in that case you will need to target someone who claimed transported first, and they will be less likely to believe you. Don't try this as any other role, since town might believe you are NE. You can try your luck and use this as a jester too.
Have fun!

Usually when someone does that to me when I'm mafia I just whisper "really? what did I come up as?" and then if they whisper a mafia role I just come out and say "[x] told me he is witch. I was transed, whoever I was transed with is [role they said i was]". Sure you can just come out as transporter in that situation, but it just creates a lot of chaos and distracts the town from doing VFR and stuff.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Brilliand » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:09 pm

Yeah, it's one of those strategies that will quickly crush poor players, but that skilled players will easily counter.

Hard to argue with the use of such strategies, since Town of Salem has so many poor players right now.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 pm

I mean, if you ask the witch to prove herself you are outing yourself as mafia anyway, and it's a 1 for 1 at best. You need a mafia member to cc the trans, and even then it would be a 2 for 1. I don't see how that would cause too much chaos.

edit: besides, this is a known strategy. Doesn't that mean the transporter will have more credibility over whoever the other person is?

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kosmo16 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Interesting strategy, I believe it can work against players who are not too experienced.

As experienced Mafia player you first check with whom you were transported. If other mafia member claims transported then you should likely ask what role you are, otherwise call them out. If you ask them what role are you the transporter will likely figure out you are Mafia.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:05 am

Also any smart witch would wait to check if their target announces they were transed before whispering their target.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:40 am

Yeah, although whispering anyway can be justified if there is a lot of spam.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby CheezePie » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:06 am

This strategy could work, given that the collective IQ of ToS players is that of a radish.
But, honestly, I don't know if it's a fun way to play the game.
I usually just try to make mafia kill themselves as a transporter.
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:55 am

I think it's hilarious when it works. And it works even in "high elo" (look at the links).
What better way to make mafia kill themselves than by tricking a mafia member into getting all of them killed?

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:54 pm

Joacgroso wrote:I think it's hilarious when it works. And it works even in "high elo" (look at the links).
What better way to make mafia kill themselves than by tricking a mafia member into getting all of them killed?

I feel like a telltale sign of someone doing this strategy is when you tell the "witch" that you were transed, and they don't seem fazed at all by it. A real witch would be thinking "aw shit, I messed up", and try to keep a low profile, and wouldn't go like "oh were you transed" because a real witch wouldn't have a backdoor open like a transporter pretending to be witch does in case shit goes south.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:03 am

It makes sense for a witch to be calm, though. If the person they thought they had controlled whispered to them telling they were transported instead of inmediately outing them, it means they are evil anyway.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:28 am

I know this strategy. Once I got transed as maf and somebody immediately claimed Witch to me, I literally shouted HEY TRANS WHO DID YOU TRANS ME WITH??? THE WITCH WHISPERED TO ME AND FOUND A MAF!!! That game I carried as mafia.

There's really slim (0.47%) chance that I actually get transed with another maf and Witch tries to control me, in the worst case it's real Witch who gets hanged but I gain trust so worth the trade for me. It's better than giving any signs of being maf to the Witch claim who's actually Trans.
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Brilliand » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:19 am

PatrykSzczescie wrote:in the worst case it's real Witch who gets hanged but I gain trust so worth the trade for me.

Yeah, and if you do get a witch hanged, it's a dumb witch; nowadays witches are better off sending their whisper sometime around midday (when several other people have probably whispered just to discuss what's going on), not at the very start of the day when it looks like you're trying to prove something to someone.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby SillyPantsJackson » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:35 pm

I just make it a rule not to reveal the other members of the Mafia to anybody. There is hardly ever a time when that is the best strategic option.
The Boogeyman wrote:I am the boogeyman, and I am coming to get you!

"Can I borrow that ostrich?"
SillyPantsJackson
Spy
Spy

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:12 pm

It's a good idea if the witch is confirmed, especially now that witches can't side with anyone else in ranked.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby dolphina » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:57 pm

That’s a hell of a necrobump
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Descender » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:15 am

is this a copypasta
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:35 am

The original post? No, why do you think that?

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Descender » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:42 am

Joacgroso wrote:The original post? No, why do you think that?

it has no formatting and is called the holy transporter strategy
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:44 am

I didn't think it would need colors, though it has some formatting (the links, the bold letters).
The name is a reference to a youtuber.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Descender » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:46 am

Joacgroso wrote:I didn't think it would need colors, though it has some formatting (the links, the bold letters).
The name is a reference to a youtuber.

may i introduce you to font size and paragraphs
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:51 am

I gave you 9 paragraphs, how many did you want? The font size is the common one too. This wasn't an elaborate essay that required several subtitles.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Descender » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:16 am

press enter twice
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:59 am

SillyPantsJackson wrote:I just make it a rule not to reveal the other members of the Mafia to anybody. There is hardly ever a time when that is the best strategic option.

This is dumb because if you know for sure someone else is witch, you might want to tell them who the other mafia members are so they know how to vote and how to act.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby dolphina » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:21 am

This seems like a copypasta tbh
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Next

Return to Strategic Discussion