High IQ Forger

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

High IQ Forger

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:24 am

While I was taking out the trash and remembering a game I had as Forger,

How this Happened:

I was in a ranked game and got the second shittiest Mafia role in the game (aka Forger), and I was on the brink of just trolling and claiming weird crap since I didn't have much of a job to do.

So from all the claims, I could have picked; I picked Veteran. I was just that bored.

The real Veteran came out and the game turned out to be a 2 Tk Game (One Vet, One Vig) since I claimed earlier than that other Vet claimant and Jailor + Vigilante trusted me more, I realized I could have made an insane play

Here it is:

Both Vet claims said they would alert to confirm themselves, vigilante shot the other Vet claimant since I have already swayed him making him believe that the other vet was mafioso. What I should have done as Forger in that situation would have been to Forge the Vigilante because he was either gonna shoot me or him, so I would forge him and put in that he shot me.

Vigilante dies to the real Veteran, but in his will it is said that he shot me; so I would be confirmed. We lynch the Real Vet claim killing 2 townies and wasting a vote turn for town. Jailor would jail and try to execute me, but consort would roleblock him and we would have majority in the bag next round with 0 Mafias killed and giving Mafia and NK 2 free nights of kill while at the same time being safe from Jailor.

Result:

Kill 5 town, waste a town vote, waste a jailor execute and have majority the next day. Pretty good for a forger.

Highly specific game that needs a Vet and a Vig and for you to know who the Vig is and sway him to shooting the real Vet and having Jailor be revealed so either witch/consort rbs the jailor saving you, but the Reward is HUGE for one of the shittiest roles in the game.
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Re: High IQ Forger

Postby Brilliand » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Forger has so many little tricks like that.

The problem is that it's ridiculously hard to come up with those tricks on the spot in the short time period the game gives you.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Matty89190 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:03 am

Brilliand wrote:Forger has so many little tricks like that.

The problem is that it's ridiculously hard to come up with those tricks on the spot in the short time period the game gives you.

This is it exactly. Despite how it gets bashed, Forger is actually a role that can make useful plays (definitely a tier above disg and framer). It's so often used as just a worse Jan, but if you actually put something believable into the will it can change the game completely.

The issues are that
A) you don't see your target's will so unless you know their role for sure anyway, it's obvious they were forged
B) a lot of players paste their wills into chat regularly so it would be obvious it's changed
C) the night phase isn't long enough to manufacture a whole will from scratch, so for an effective forge you'll have to have something ready.

It has potential for sure, it's just a bit too underpowered in its current state. When the stars align and people pull off great plays it's amazing, so I'd love to see some kind of buff to make them that bit more common and put Forger on a similar power level to the likes of janitors, blackmailers etc.
Matty89190
Executioner
Executioner

Postby kosmo16 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:56 am

That's a really nice us of the ability. Well done.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby dolphina » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:11 am

Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:04 am

dolphina wrote:

You need to know what you want to do much earlier. I remember a game where I figured out who is the Jailor from his n1 behavior. I had whole Day 1 to write a fake will. I knew that Jailor was using specific design in his will and I managed to copy that as well.

Guy who was jailed n2 believed Jailor trolled him.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:29 pm

kosmo16 wrote:You need to know what you want to do much earlier. I remember a game where I figured out who is the Jailor from his n1 behavior. I had whole Day 1 to write a fake will. I knew that Jailor was using specific design in his will and I managed to copy that as well.

Good grief. You recognized the guy just from his D1 behavior and knew what his will would look like?

I just normally make a fake will with

[NAME] the [ROLE] (might add some flair to it if their name is interesting, like a song name or something)

N1 - [TARGET] (Results) (everyone uses hyphens. No idea why. I don't, I use colons.)
N2 - [TARGET] (Results) (etc.)

(At the bottom, I may make a note about a possible claim, keeping the RT's, or something of the sort).

And then adjust it from there depending on the situtation.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:18 am

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:You need to know what you want to do much earlier. I remember a game where I figured out who is the Jailor from his n1 behavior. I had whole Day 1 to write a fake will. I knew that Jailor was using specific design in his will and I managed to copy that as well.

Good grief. You recognized the guy just from his D1 behavior and knew what his will would look like?

I just normally make a fake will with

[NAME] the [ROLE] (might add some flair to it if their name is interesting, like a song name or something)

N1 - [TARGET] (Results) (everyone uses hyphens. No idea why. I don't, I use colons.)
N2 - [TARGET] (Results) (etc.)

(At the bottom, I may make a note about a possible claim, keeping the RT's, or something of the sort).

And then adjust it from there depending on the situtation.

Actually Night 1 behavior when he jailed me. High elo community was really small back in the day. I played a lot of games with the guy and saw his last will plenty of times. Other day the same guy found out I am Mafia based on the Mafia chat he saw as the spy (it was still when spy could see that).
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby flairric66 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:05 am

This sounds more like you just figured out how you were supposed to use Forger.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
Darryl Strawberry is a right-fielder who was born on March 12, 1962 in Los Angeles, California.
flairric66
Doctor
Doctor

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:00 pm

As forger i just spend my time forging transports into peoples wills. This works super will cuz people don't actually expect forgers to do anything other than clear wills or write random shit, b/c like 90% of forgers just clear the will and doesn't actually write anything important. Once I forged a jailor will and didn't write any jailed people in it, but town still bought the note I put for myself at the bottom that I "transported" the jailor (all of this was master elo ranked).
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:24 pm

OreCreeper wrote:(all of this was master elo ranked).

You mean Ranked with a random assortment of people, because there isn't currently enough of a playerbase to consistently segregate people based on ELO.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:35 pm

Brilliand wrote:

You mean Ranked with a random assortment of people, because there isn't currently enough of a playerbase to consistently segregate people based on ELO.

Nah there were a lot of regulars in that game.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kosmo16 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:26 am

OreCreeper wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

Nah there were a lot of regulars in that game.

I wonder who is now a regular :)

Forger is a good role, but people are just too lazy to utilize it correctly.

I put not suspicious on me into sheriff will few times and no one notice. :) I must say each good forgery works (unless there is a spy), doesn't matter what elo you play. At least it would work for sure against me.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Return to Strategic Discussion