Killing a Surv as an Evil

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Killing a Surv as an Evil

Postby Matty89190 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:16 pm

So this just happened in a game I had and I'm curious as to what others reckon.

I was a necro whose fellow coven had already gone down. I was pushed to the stand and posted a decent ret will. No townies had died yet so it was a valid claim. As I came down from the stand, a survivor claim who'd been acting very townie noted that the will of a dead GA said their target was a ret. We went on to lynch an exe, and night came.

The rest of the town was fairly slow, with the surv the only one who was somewhat onto me. With this in mind, and knowing that I could get a mislynch or two off since the real ret didn't CC me while I was on the stand, I dispatched a ghoul to kill the surv, and he died.

I was eventually killed at night by the mafia, who went on to win the game, and upon arriving in the dead chat, I was blasted by the surv and a couple of others sympathising with him. They said that a surv is a neutral role, and just wants to survive, so not only is killing him a dick move, it's a waste of a kill. My line of thinking was that if a surv chooses to take a side, the make an enemy of the other sides in doing so. The survivor posed the biggest threat to me at that time, and in acting townie, killing him silenced someone who was sussing me out and took away a town vote.

The point was also raised that I could've whispered him and asked him to side with me, but I found that stupid since any surv would gladly screw over a solo coven to win town's favour.

It's all a bit moot since I lost anyway haha but I'm just curious as to what people think of this. Is killing a surv ever the most necessary/viable tactic as an evil?
Matty89190
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Killing a Surv as an Evil

Postby dolphina » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:52 pm

It's fine if you do it. Kind of a crappy move, but hey. It increased your chance of winning.
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:15 am

If a survivor is pointing things out to help the townies, then hes clearly town sided and not nuetral at all. If he expects to vote with townies and push with townies and not be targeted like townies, then he is an idiot.

If survivors cost my faction the game, then I will take them out before I die, and they can lose with us. eg voting up and guiltying maf/coven when town needed that 1 extra vote. (or pointing out a will that proves you wrong when youre the only faction member left alive). If they remain nuetral and leave my faction alone, then my faction will leave them alone.
Hell, I'll even do it in a 3 town v 2 coven v surv if they vote up my team mate instead of not voting...

What annoys me is when maf target the day 1 survivor claim... I mean, if Im lieing, i would have defense and you wasted a night, If Im not, you still wasted a night killing a nuetral....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:59 am

It really depends on how the surv is behaving and what the current gamestate is
don't forget, surv's goal is to survive, so they will generally side with whoever is more likely to win at any given moment. They will always try to help town somewhat to not get instalynched, sure, but if you're an NK, they might be your only potential ally.
It's not a 'dick move' to kill a surv because they're not allied with you and might not even be helping you, but you should never kill a survivor on early nights, not as mafia and not as NK. Mid/late-game, maybe, if they are clearly not going to help you.
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0

ImageImage
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout

Postby TrollXDee » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:00 pm

I 100% agree with what you did. If the Survivor is not staying neutral and may cost you the win and/or helping town, kill him. In this scenario, the Survivor deserves it because if he acts like a Townie, he dies like a Townie.
TrollXDee
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:25 am

sounds like an AA game I just had, with an amne revealing day 1, and reminding everyone he was amne every day, so maf killed him as soon as the vigi died, and he got really salty. I tried to explain that by revealing as amne, you are pretty much saying that you are going to remember town, because if you dont the town will lynch you, but he couldnt figure that one out.....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:42 am

If you are a survivor you should be as neutral as possible to not get killed by Mafia Town or Neutral killings

If you suddenly start pushing Mafias in the early game, there should be no reason stopping me from killing you because you might be a Townie disguising yourself as a survivor or you are a survivor that will stop us from winning the game

The same thing for Amnesiac as said by Kyuss it's usually best to fake claim a non-important town as amnesiac than to claim amnesiac and get killed
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby Kamaree » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:10 am

Any survivor claim that is voting and being active in lynching I am instantly sus of and push to hang.. If they are clearly working with town, Evils have every right to kill them off.

As I survivor I always post a daily reminder that I am staying in my own lane, not voting up, inno'n or guilty'n anyone.

That usually gets me the win because I literally just sit and watch the game, taking notes to myself on who is who.. I like siding with evils, but I usually go with which side played better if it comes down to me choosing. If NK is still in the mix at the end, I almost always side with them.
Kamaree
Survivor
Survivor

Return to Strategic Discussion