another tt strat

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

another tt strat

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Sun May 31, 2020 6:48 pm

This strategy revolves more around you being the last maf/cov, and the town is taking their sweet ass time to find you, but for whatever reason, you can't kill. I can't think of many situations where that would happen, but I know what to do if it does. Pretend to out yourself as the traitor. Since people would be more likely to be willing to hang the traitor than the other evils (since killing off the others will start the timer), they'll probably hang you. Then, the traitor can take it away from there.
signature

this is a certified floating candle moment

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: another tt strat

Postby EgyptFalcon » Sun May 31, 2020 10:22 pm

KAKERMAN23 wrote:This strategy revolves more around you being the last maf/cov, and the town is taking their sweet ass time to find you, but for whatever reason, you can't kill. I can't think of many situations where that would happen, but I know what to do if it does. Pretend to out yourself as the traitor. Since people would be more likely to be willing to hang the traitor than the other evils (since killing off the others will start the timer), they'll probably hang you. Then, the traitor can take it away from there.

Or leave the game.

Jk, but it's kinda strange that if all Coven leave d1 the traitor gets a 8/11 chance of winning (which can be brought down by TK but still pretty high).

I love the mindgames of this mode but there is certainly a counterintuitive suicidal streak to it.
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:19 am

The problem with leaving the game is that:
1. If the coven wins, you don't win, since you left the game;
2. It's against the rules, and you can be suspended if you show clear intent;
3. You have to wait through the timer.
signature

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Transcender » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:53 am

if coven just get cleaned traitor has a bigger chance of winning than if coven die off slowly
great game
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:44 am

EgyptFalcon wrote:
KAKERMAN23 wrote:This strategy revolves more around you being the last maf/cov, and the town is taking their sweet ass time to find you, but for whatever reason, you can't kill. I can't think of many situations where that would happen, but I know what to do if it does. Pretend to out yourself as the traitor. Since people would be more likely to be willing to hang the traitor than the other evils (since killing off the others will start the timer), they'll probably hang you. Then, the traitor can take it away from there.

Or leave the game.

Jk, but it's kinda strange that if all Coven leave d1 the traitor gets a 8/11 chance of winning (which can be brought down by TK but still pretty high).

I love the mindgames of this mode but there is certainly a counterintuitive suicidal streak to it.

8/11 chance...

til all the visiting roles tell vet to alert and visit him for a mass suicide.... or visiting roles visit the jailor so they die to crus.... this reduces towns chances of mislynches, even if the coven were bussed.... After being mislynched due to stupidity 5 times over (town dont remember who pushed CL day 2 and 3 - or believe bussing a CL out of all the coven is the smartest move...), I always try to suicide as soon as the countdown starts or when the last coven is being RBed ;)
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Transcender » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:36 am

kyuss420 wrote:
EgyptFalcon wrote:

Or leave the game.

8/11 chance...

til all the visiting roles tell vet to alert and visit him for a mass suicide.... or visiting roles visit the jailor so they die to crus.... this reduces towns chances of mislynches, even if the coven were bussed.... After being mislynched due to stupidity 5 times over (town dont remember who pushed CL day 2 and 3 - or believe bussing a CL out of all the coven is the smartest move...), I always try to suicide as soon as the countdown starts or when the last coven is being RBed ;)

i can guarantee a mass town suicide would not work
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:08 am

Descender wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:
EgyptFalcon wrote:

Or leave the game.

8/11 chance...

i can guarantee a mass town suicide would not work

really? its become quite the meta in coven... why waste a day hurting your factions chances by getting mislynched, when you can suicide to vet or visit the crus target to confirm your innocence?
if youre vigi, you can just blast a suspect, reducing the chance of a mislynch again, then when you die of guilt, youre another suspect confirmed inno.

Having seen it happen in practise multiple times, Id say it works 9 times out of 10 (throw a ret and a revived target in there and its a 100% town win, if tt isnt a TK)
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:56 am

Kyuss is right. This is exactly why TT is currently flawed, as once the coven/mafia is dead, it's literally just a guessing game until you either kill the traitor or the timer runs out.
signature

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Brilliand » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:14 pm

KAKERMAN23 wrote:Kyuss is right. This is exactly why TT is currently flawed, as once the coven/mafia is dead, it's literally just a guessing game until you either kill the traitor or the timer runs out.

It's called "scumreading".

Town Traitor is an attempt to introduce a little more of the social deduction from older Mafia games, the earliest of which didn't have any power roles at all (you had to determine the evils purely from reading people's behavior).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:23 pm

I mean, if the TT just acts like a townie and shit, they can't be caught because they are literally just a townie.
signature

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:46 am

KAKERMAN23 wrote:I mean, if the TT just acts like a townie and shit, they can't be caught because they are literally just a townie.

yes, so ''dangerous'' traitor roles get lynched first, which I assume is why the count down was introduced....as the game was dragging out while town lynched based on role power.

The other flip of the coin, is that a townie wouldnt really care about getting lynched or killed at that point, (hence the mass suicide strat) and the only person trying to stay alive is the traitor (except for the noobie players who think the game ends as soon as they hit the graveyard)
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:34 pm

An interesting CTT strat I came up with is. I'm crusader

You try to kill all your coven before day 3. Thus you need to purposefully kill all visiting coven then accuse the dusa and get them hung. You are then spewed not Traitor and theres 3 Days countdown during a 9 or 8 v 1. Town will start lynching everyone and if you act townie enough during all of this, you can pull off a free win.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:39 pm

If only CTT was still in rotation...
signature

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby dolphina » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:58 pm

If only
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:26 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:Thus you need to purposefully kill all visiting coven then accuse the dusa and get them hung.

The Medusa can visit once she gets the Necronomicon, so you can kill her too.

EqsyLootz wrote:You are then spewed not Traitor and theres 3 Days countdown during a 9 or 8 v 1. Town will start lynching everyone and if you act townie enough during all of this, you can pull off a free win.

No doubt the Town will start to suspect whoever is finding all the Coven of being the Traitor. This is too obvious a strategy to go over everyone's heads for long.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby dolphina » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:07 am

Brilliand wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:Thus you need to purposefully kill all visiting coven then accuse the dusa and get them hung.

The Medusa can visit once she gets the Necronomicon, so you can kill her too.

EqsyLootz wrote:You are then spewed not Traitor and theres 3 Days countdown during a 9 or 8 v 1. Town will start lynching everyone and if you act townie enough during all of this, you can pull off a free win.

No doubt the Town will start to suspect whoever is finding all the Coven of being the Traitor. This is too obvious a strategy to go over everyone's heads for long.

That's why my strat is to be a scared boi
Works Everytime
Except when it doesn't

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby SillyPantsJackson » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:53 pm

How would you prevent getting reported for gamethrowing here?
The Boogeyman wrote:I am the boogeyman, and I am coming to get you!

"Can I borrow that ostrich?"
SillyPantsJackson
Spy
Spy

Postby Brilliand » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:12 pm

SillyPantsJackson wrote:How would you prevent getting reported for gamethrowing here?

You don't prevent getting reported. You prevent getting convicted.

Bussing all the maf is currently a good strategy in TT, so the judges aren't going to treat it as gamethrowing.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby dolphina » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:09 pm

Brilliand wrote:
SillyPantsJackson wrote:How would you prevent getting reported for gamethrowing here?

You don't prevent getting reported. You prevent getting convicted.

Bussing all the maf is currently a good strategy in TT, so the judges aren't going to treat it as gamethrowing.

This is true, and it doesn't really diminish your chances of winning, because you can evade suspicion

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Transcender » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:34 am

the entire mafia somehow killing themselves as soon as possible is the optimal play
i dont think the traitor can get red checked, so town is just done for
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby dolphina » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:57 am

S T R A T S

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby SillyPantsJackson » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:24 pm

dolphina wrote:This is true, and it doesn't really diminish your chances of winning, because you can evade suspicion

But it does just make the match about luck at that point, does it not?

SillyPantsJackson
Spy
Spy

Postby dolphina » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:33 pm

SillyPantsJackson wrote:
dolphina wrote:This is true, and it doesn't really diminish your chances of winning, because you can evade suspicion

But it does just make the match about luck at that point, does it not?

Yes, but that is not the point.

The point is W I N

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby SillyPantsJackson » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:53 am

And if you lose trying to do that, then at least you tried I guess.

SillyPantsJackson
Spy
Spy

Postby dolphina » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 am

If you l o s e
after you try to w i n

you have failed yourself

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Strategic Discussion