How to play as Mafia

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

How to play as Mafia

Postby kosmo16 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:42 pm

So today I had a game in which I rolled Mafia and 2 VERY good teammates and we managed to win against very strong setup. So the setup of Town was as follow:
Jailor
Lookout
Investigator
Mayor
Doctor
Vigilante
Transporter
Retributionist
Doctor
Godfather
Mafioso
Blackmailer
Consort
Serial Killer
Executioner

There is a certain way how you play the game when you are really unlucky Night 1. In our game Mayor was revealed Day 1 and Night 1 we hit jailed person and Serial Killer killed our Consort. I think a lot of people would give up right now, but we didn't.

We had a really good team who knew what to do. And what you need to do when you are in such situation is taking a risk. Whole Mafia claimed roles D2. Actually, the first 3 people who claimed in the Town were all Mafia. We claimed Investigator, because blackmailer heard in whisper someone claiming to Jailor. Spy, because there were 2 roles you could bug and its not suspicious to bug Mayor when he also calls for tp/lo. And Sheriff, because there were no TI claims at all. Only TI claims were from mafia as lookout was bm'd and inv was silent.

So how game went. D2 there was no lynch as voted ret and sk/vig claim was convincing enough to not get lynched.

N2 blackmailer told as who doctor is so we killed them. No SK kill.
D3 I was found as vig/vet/maf by Investigator, but Town decided he is Executioner and was lynched. I was shot by Vigilante, Mayor killed by SK and Jailor killed by Mafia, Doctor revived, Lookout blackmailed. So on D4 following people left:
Lookout
Doctor
Vigilante
Transporter
Retributionist
Doctor
Godfather
Blackmailer
Serial Killer
Executioner

Now SK with Vigilante was arguing who has shot Mafioso. Blackmailer cleared real Vigilante so Serial Killer was lynched. Mafia killed Transporter. Now the Executioner had the least possible will, so was lynched.

Lookout
Doctor
Vigilante
Retributionist
Doctor
Godfather
Blackmailer

Now mistake form Vig saved the Mafia, he thought that I was trying to protect my teammate with spy claim and that Lookout is faking blackmailed, so he shot the guy. Mafia killed a Doctor.
At this point everything depended on, if doc can heal Mafia target, he missed 50/50 so we won. A lot of mistakes from Town, but you should remember that you play to force these mistakes.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Re: How to play as Mafia

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:30 pm

3 of the most OP Town Support Roles and 2 Doctors on top of that couldn't protect the Jailor. Yikes.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kosmo16 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:46 pm

SparkingJayYT wrote:3 of the most OP Town Support Roles and 2 Doctors on top of that couldn't protect the Jailor. Yikes.

Exactly XD Maybe they were like: There is no way Mafia will go for Jailor with trans alive. I think Doctor could be jailed that night
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby EgyptFalcon » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:35 pm

kosmo16 wrote:And what you need to do when you are in such situation is taking a risk.

This. I am really frustrated when mafia would rather be potatoes and take the certain loss rather than go-big-or-go-home plays. It's like what do you have to lose? Attacking mayor when you know there is only 1 TP because everything else has been confirmed + successfully forging them could confirm half of your mafia IS SOMETHING YOU NEED TO DO. If there's a BG on them you take the L and you play another game. But if it's doc you've given yourself a fighting chance at a thrilling game.
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Return to Strategic Discussion