Leaving if no one believes your legitimate sus interrogation

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Leaving if no one believes your legitimate sus interrogation

Postby ZackTheMaf666 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:57 am

Now, I would never do this, since it’s gamethrowing in my eyes, but I’ve seen a few people do it occasionally, and was wondering how viable it was. Here’s 2 examples that i’ve come across:

Example 1:

Person 1 is a sheriff in a game where it is guaranteed that there is no framer, hex master, or also, and on N1 finds person 2 to be suspicious. They claim sheriff and post their will, but everyone thinks that they’re exe and the game continues. A few days later, the person that sheriff said was suspicious is the only remaining evil, with people left (4 town 1 maf/sk). Still, nobody believes sheriff, so sheriff leaves. The next day, his full will is shown, and his role is actually sheriff. Since maf killed one last person, the 2 remaining town lynch the evil, and town wins. Sheriff won town the game by gamethrowing.

Example 2:

A confirmed sheriff is in a classic game where framer is still alive and still a framer. Sheriff finds a person suspicious, but everyone thinks that the person was framed, so sheriff says they’re likely inno and will move on. That night sheriff finds them sus again, and now people think he’s exe that got lucky when he got confirmed (town can be pretty dumb sometimes) Sheriff isn’t lynched because he’s harmless for now. Sheriff leaves, and sus person is lynched. They were mafioso.

Are either of these acceptable? I really don’t know.
BMG, bring back Vigilantics. I miss it.
ZackTheMaf666
Witch
Witch

Re: Leaving if no one believes your legitimate sus interroga

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:44 pm

The problem with this is that if Town is dumb enough not to immediately hang either the Sheriff (claim) or the accused when a Sheriff comes out and says someone is sus, they're probably also going to be dumb enough to not read your will once you die after disconnecting. You must stress that one of you has to go.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:15 am

seems not many games people believe a day 1 sheriff claim, can always ask if anyone was witched to confirm the NE isnt exe. Otherwise leave your will alone (in case you die n2) then day 3 change your n1 result with your n2 result and hope a LO didnt see you either night. Even if a LO saw you, youd be hung and sus guy will be confirmed sus.

Or as Mystic said, ''player X is sus, lynch me if you wont lynch him''
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:29 pm

kyuss420 wrote:Or as Mystic said, ''player X is sus, lynch me if you wont lynch him''

Though the same sort of town who won't lynch a potential exe target also won't lynch a potential Jester, so this doesn't have great odds of working.

Fortunately, in that sort of town, the evils often don't have a claim ready, so you can usually get hem by saying "well he needs to claim at least, X role?". If he does have a claim ready, then give it some time; either another TI will catch the same player, or the Mafia will kill you, or you'll catch a second suspicious player, and then you're confirmed. (Or the Investigator will check you and confirm that you're "definitely not Jester", at which point you can get lynched if you want.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Brilliand wrote:If he does have a claim ready, then give it some time; either another TI will catch the same player, or the Mafia will kill you, or you'll catch a second suspicious player, and then you're confirmed. (Or the Investigator will check you and confirm that you're "definitely not Jester", at which point you can get lynched if you want.)
Or, from my experience, the town will just forget about confirming your claim and chase the next butterfly that passes by them. Or (if playing All Any) there might not even BE another TI to confirm you and by the time you realize this, the Town has forgotten your claim and you're probably not alive to remind them. My point with stressing that one of you has to hang immediately is that it's the only way to make sure that the town will remember that you found this guy as Maf/Coven and he's confirmed evil.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby PolyesterHomes » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:26 pm

I believe that doing that is game throwing because it guarantees your personal loss. Even if it helps your faction, its a loss for you.
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:44 am

PolyesterHomes wrote:I believe that doing that is game throwing because it guarantees your personal loss. Even if it helps your faction, its a loss for you.

what if they just visit the confirmed veteran?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby PolyesterHomes » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:13 am

kyuss420 wrote:
PolyesterHomes wrote:I believe that doing that is game throwing because it guarantees your personal loss. Even if it helps your faction, its a loss for you.

what if they just visit the confirmed veteran?

... if the math has town keep majority that works.
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby James2 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:06 am

These types of situations are why this should be implemented:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=103059
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Mathelete » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:08 pm

I feel like this would qualify as cheating. Similar situation if it's down to mayor, unconfirmed town, and last evil. The unconfirmed town can leave (and also accept a defeat) in order to secure a win for town, but I would consider that cheating.
Mathelete
Janitor
Janitor

Postby Transcender » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:13 am

Mathelete wrote:I feel like this would qualify as cheating. Similar situation if it's down to mayor, unconfirmed town, and last evil. The unconfirmed town can leave (and also accept a defeat) in order to secure a win for town, but I would consider that cheating.

It would fall under leaving.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Return to Strategic Discussion