EPIC Mafia strategy

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

EPIC Mafia strategy

Postby ak521 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:19 am

ALL 4 mafia claim TI.

If one mafia is jailed, they claim SPY.
All others claim SHERIFF, and have different target and say that they are susp.
If there is a consig finding a jester, say they are susp.

Usually overloads town with information, LOs can counter this.

IF TARGET IS MAYOR: Act like jester. When put on stand, say "why? inno me". Have another mafia member say "inno let jailor exe" so you can live. The other two mafias can say "exe [their target]"
IF TARGET WAS JAILED: Same as above.
IF TARGET IS NE: Claim they were framed. If spy in game, claim spy is lying, say you're confirmed. Lower elo's will think you are indeed confirmed.
IF TARGET IS NK: That sucks. Try not to do that.
IF TARGET IS CONFIRMED BY LO OR EASILY CONFIRMABLE: Try to get them lynched, claim exe after. If not do the same.

If two mafia say a person is sus, you almost confirm them down as evil (which is good)
MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT FRAME A PERSON AND THEN SAY THEY ARE SUS!
Last edited by ak521 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ak521
Witch
Witch

Re: EPIC Mafia strategy

Postby ScarfVendetta » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:49 am

I can just imagine the chaos that would ensue on Day 2, lmao. :devil:
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby 13ricity » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:43 am

This actually seems like a really nice strategy, I might try it later. This would be so horrid for the town.

Edit: I tried this one in ranked, and didn't clarify that each person had to get someone different, preferably who the framer DIDN'T frame n1. I ended up killing 2 mafia and die myself but luckily we managed to win after our mafioso claimed he was actually mafioso and town was really dumb.

Edit 2: Attempted again but still no avail, all the mafia got outed but it was still mass hysteria in the chat, if executed correctly it should work.
Last edited by 13ricity on Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Role: Werewolf

Wins: 441
Loses: 98

Go to This Link for town points!

Tenor Saxophone wrote:"You were the ringleader of the town. You pulled the town together while we still had one."

Said to me when I played a ranked as Medium, and when Doctor and Jailor died n1, ended up single-handedly leading the town to victory

jazz wrote:"i won by telling jailor my role as godfather"
13ricity
Executioner
Executioner

Postby ProvidenceAve » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:44 am

I agree, the best games for evils are ones where everyone is talking ALOT, but evils aren't posting easily wrong Ti wills. I would say pushing hard for lynches early can expose false wills and limit claim space too fast, so it's best to just keep town away from voting up the first few days by spreading out sus claims across multiple targets. keep town confused. with lots of activity in chat it is really hard even to keep track of things forcing people to be buried in looking at chat logs. I have screwed up many times with a flooded chat trying to go through logs and figure anything out.

Another thing that helps in this case is when mafia are super inconsistent, if you are pushing an inno have one of them resist it and vote inno. stuff like this helps alot. I was in a game with a real noob recently who acted so chaotic the town had a hard time finding him until the very end of the game, he wasn't good enough to win but he was so close just by being chaotic.

one thing that also can be really good early game is if you can keep claims of false roles going for a while. roleblocked, transed, witched etc. this can really throw town off until late game when claim space is gone.
ProvidenceAve
Jester
Jester

Postby hissingwillows » Thu May 07, 2020 7:12 pm

This happened unintentionally in a game I was in and it was GREAT. Literally all four of us panic-claimed sheriff d2, and the other two TI (additionally sheriff I believe? Sheriff and invest?) did not work hard enough to counter us because most of us weren't acting like scum. Usually when one maf claims sheriff they get outed quickly, but there were SO many sheriff claims it seemed they figured some of them had to be real ones.

They also went after other contradictory claims rather than all the tis (probably because of the overwhelming amount of ti claims), which let us wreck havoc easier. Obviously town strategy when this happens should be to go after all those TI claims instead of working on other claims, but... it can be overwhelming to figure out who is scum and who is not that early with 6+ people claiming TI.
hissingwillows
Survivor
Survivor

Postby macedonianelite » Fri May 08, 2020 12:35 pm

ak521 wrote:ALL 4 mafia claim TI.

IF TARGET IS MAYOR: Act like jester. When put on stand, say "why? inno me". Have another mafia member say "inno let jailor exe" so you can live. The other two mafias can say "exe [their target]"
IF TARGET IS NE: Claim they were framed. If spy in game, claim spy is lying, say you're confirmed. Lower elo's will think you are indeed confirmed.
IF TARGET IS CONFIRMED BY LO OR EASILY CONFIRMABLE: Try to get them lynched, claim exe after. If not do the same.

If two mafia say a person is sus, you almost confirm them down as evil (which is good)

This is good play. You can pretty much claim anything from TPs to LOs if you're jailed and by the time lookout can call you out, they should be dead.

This is almost certainly foolish play, as it will jeopardise the consigliere and clear town's confusion on who the NE is. Consigliere should establish communication by N3 - N4 when the votes are evening out, or earlier, if the situation is drastic. The communication should always include promises of being lynched and roles that they will claim. A fake investigator can confirm the jester, and then when town points their fingers at blame, they'll pick the loudest and most chaotic to be lynched (the jester). The jester will also assuredly pick a target of your choice to haunt, and the game swings massively in your favour.

This is out of question. Town will unscrupulously lynch you if you find someone jailed, jester or not. Only given very tenuous circumstances will town spare you. More often than not, they'll want to clear some confusion and go ahead with uncovering the NE and narrowing down all other sources of chaos.

You cannot afford to lose a witch or any NE for that matter, as your odds at success pretty much drop three-fold. not even lower ELOs would believe this ruse.

This will almost certainly get you lynched. However, this can be avoided if one of your mafia members calls on town to inno you, with the possibility that you are jester posing as executioner. This is good play if the accusing mafia is godfather (for immunity from vigi shots -> which will lead them to believe you're exec) and the jailor has already enough on his plate.

-In game name Hulah Zulah, ELO: roughly 2200
macedonianelite
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ak521 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:31 pm

macedonianelite wrote:
ak521 wrote:ALL 4 mafia claim TI.

This is good play. You can pretty much claim anything from TPs to LOs if you're jailed and by the time lookout can call you out, they should be dead.

This is almost certainly foolish play, as it will jeopardise the consigliere and clear town's confusion on who the NE is. Consigliere should establish communication by N3 - N4 when the votes are evening out, or earlier, if the situation is drastic. The communication should always include promises of being lynched and roles that they will claim. A fake investigator can confirm the jester, and then when town points their fingers at blame, they'll pick the loudest and most chaotic to be lynched (the jester). The jester will also assuredly pick a target of your choice to haunt, and the game swings massively in your favour.

This is out of question. Town will unscrupulously lynch you if you find someone jailed, jester or not. Only given very tenuous circumstances will town spare you. More often than not, they'll want to clear some confusion and go ahead with uncovering the NE and narrowing down all other sources of chaos.

You cannot afford to lose a witch or any NE for that matter, as your odds at success pretty much drop three-fold. not even lower ELOs would believe this ruse.

This will almost certainly get you lynched. However, this can be avoided if one of your mafia members calls on town to inno you, with the possibility that you are jester posing as executioner. This is good play if the accusing mafia is godfather (for immunity from vigi shots -> which will lead them to believe you're exec) and the jailor has already enough on his plate.

-In game name Hulah Zulah, ELO: roughly 2200

In Master Elo, people CLAIM "im confirmed" and are ignored beyond that.
ak521
Witch
Witch

Return to Strategic Discussion