Jailor executing Jester/Executioner

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Should I have Executed the alleged Exe/Jester?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 24

Jailor executing Jester/Executioner

Postby Nyricanmini » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:40 pm

First post btw.
As an excuse if i end up being wrong about all this, i've only gotten back into the game about a month and a half ago after playing back around 2015, so i'm a bit nooby. Also this was Ranked Practice, so everyone kinda sucks.

So i was playing Jailor just now, and someone (We'll call them Person 1) claiming LO pointed out someone else as SK(we'll call them Person 2), saying they visited the person who the SK killed. Town believed that Person 1 was exe, trying to target town and had said, "Jailor exe them" I had decided that, yes, they could be exe trying to hang the man, or jester trying to get themselves hung, but i didn't want to waste an execution on them. The reason i say this is because the Jailor can work as a Town Investigative role and Town Killing role at the same time. I believed that I would be more useful to town by finding out roles than to just kill the Exe/Jester. The only exception imo would be if it's Mid/Late game and maf could potentially use them as an extra vote.

After the whole Person 1 ordeal, someone calls for VFR on Person 3, who had gotten defensive and been like "VFR sucks bro, never VFR guys." I thought he was a little sus for trying to avoid claiming, so I jailed them to get their role. I asked for their role, but they had begun to bitch about how VFR sucks, and you should never VFR Day 2, blah blah blah. Since he hadn't claimed, i made the decision to execute him. Person 3 ended up being Vet.
Town begun to bitch about how i hadn't killed the obvious Exe/Jester, and I defended myself saying that i didn't want to waste an exe.

The following night i died.

Person 1 had died the next night, and he ended up actually being LO,. In the end, it wouldn't have mattered, as i would still lose my exes, but should i still have exed him because he seemed to be an obvious Exe/Jester at the time?
Nyricanmini

Re: Jailor executing Jester/Executioner

Postby TiberianSun371AlexW » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Jailing Executions and Jesters on purpose is a poor play. Jailor can collect claims from people quietly without exposing them, killing NE like this is stupid.

Jailing someone at random and realizing from their confession they are NE, if you got 2 executions left, executing them isn't a bad idea. Witch and Executions have goals that are against town (and witches are dangerous outright) and Jesters haunt Mayors for no good reason instead of ransoming whenever there is a revealed mayor. The only times I let an Exe cut a deal with me on the "I'll vote with you if you hang my target" deal is if the target is a vet who alerts N1 (someone who does that and gets no kills most of the time probably would be empty soon anyways), Retributionists, and investigators. This is less out of tactical reasons and more of a taste thing.

Mafia and Nks sometimes pretend to be NE, but very rarely. The exception is that werewolves for some reason don't mind faking being executioner. 3/4 times this fake exe play is done day 2, as opposed to normal exes who sometimes make a day 2 play, but not 3/4 times. if it's a werewolf game, there is a descent chance that "NE" is not ne.
TiberianSun371AlexW
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Kuter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:26 am

Tbh, you had all the rights to execute person 3, it is person 3 faults for not claiming at the very least that he was TK to you, but instead just complained from you what you said, it hides their roles if you ever die and witch/mafia don't know if you're vig or vet.

As for the LO - Jester/Exe guy, you could of jailed them and not execute, but that would of resulted in the same problem either way, like you said. You would of execute a townie, lose your exe and be useless and people would of still beach at you.

All in all, don't let it get to you, let the whiners complain, yeah its annoying when people get on your ass because you don't play how they want you to play, but that's online for you.
Kuter
Jester
Jester

Postby woahah » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:41 am

Only kill exes/jesters if you have no reads or leads.
woahah
Spy
Spy

Postby ScarfVendetta » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:43 pm

In this scenario, Person 1 was not NE. If there is concrete proof that someone is lying such as claiming to have results on a jailed target, then that's a safe execution. The scenario you described was not the same, as it was only suspicions that they were NE, simply because they were acting 'Exey'.

Executing known Neutral Evils is a good move early in the game, as it helps preserve town majority and provides certainty for safer lynches later in the game. However, if town are barely holding their majority over evils, it may be smarter to scumread and execute a bigger threat.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:28 am

Meh, I woulda jailed the non claimer too, and defo exed if he didnt claim in jail. Hiding your role gives mafia claim space and the only way mafia win, is with claim space, The only roles that need to hide are the TPs, and they should be known and confirmed by LOs anyway.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Iluyan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:23 am

You should absolutly execute (potentional) Jesters/Executioners imo.
Especially in early game, rather not in late game (IE there is 5 people left, 2 town, 2 maf and 1 exe, you better focus on getting a maf.)
As long as Jesters and Executioners walk arround they will cause disruption and distraction in the town. So its better to get rid of them otherwise they will drag (negative) attention to them.
Iluyan
Executioner
Executioner

Postby flairric66 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:28 pm

I feel like you may have been a little to quick to execute people as it did not seem like the town was in such a desperate state when you were already deciding whether or not to exe potentially evil or neutral players. The town telling you to exe the possible "exe/jester" gave you immunity from being shouted down if it turned out to be the incorrect decision, ultimately I think you should have executed either Person 1 or Person 2 if you were that hell bent on using your exe. That situation should have been dealt with before you even considered executing anyone not involved in it.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
flairric66
Medium
Medium

Postby Dallasfootball04 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:12 pm

Yeah my opinion is that evils will normally side with evils, so if you have no real leads its better to get the NE out of the way. However, if its late game and mafia is still alive you should focus on them.
I am the infamous Fluffy

Sorry not sorry if I hurt your feelings in game
Dallasfootball04
Survivor
Survivor

Postby kosmo16 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:37 am

Kind of sad that people didn't hang SK. About the play, it used to be very common to accuse people for being Mafia as Mafia/NK especially when evils are one lynch away from getting majority. Always exe neutral evil when you have no better leads, but only when you are sure they are not Town
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
---
kosmo16
Veteran
Veteran

Postby flairric66 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:14 pm

TiberianSun371AlexW wrote:Jesters haunt Mayors for no good reason instead of ransoming whenever there is a revealed mayor.

This is anecdotal. Killing the mayor is an easy and detrimental blow to the town if the town did something to upset or go against the jester, but other than that usually the jester kills someone else. If for no other reason than Mayor and a lot of other people just vote innocent no matter what for every trial.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
flairric66
Medium
Medium

Return to Strategic Discussion