Jailor Meta and TPLO

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Re: Jailor Meta and TPLO

Postby cob709 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:40 pm

There are many more ways to gain leads other than VFR and TIs.
Some might include using chat logs, asking questions, and looking at votes.
Town can work together to make progress towards finding evils without TIs.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:11 pm

Again, you can't look at votes if there are no votes. Same goes for chat logs. By the time there is enough information to do something, evils already have mayority. Remember it's usually LyLo by day 2. And what kind of questions would you ask besides "role?" or "will?" or "any ccs?"?
I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby cob709 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:43 pm

I can't tell you how to play the game. The best I can do is give you tips.
One of the best ways of learning is to play a bunch of games and see what works.

Problem solving is an important skill to have. Every single action cannot be calculated, so knowing how to analyze behavior and adapt to different situations is important.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:04 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Again, you can't look at votes if there are no votes. Same goes for chat logs. By the time there is enough information to do something, evils already have mayority. Remember it's usually LyLo by day 2. And what kind of questions would you ask besides "role?" or "will?" or "any ccs?"?

Because it's LyLo by d2, it is necessary for town to be able to figure out how to weed out the weak claimers and non-claimers as soon as possible, and forces town to learn to rely on scumreading instead of being passive.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Emily372 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:29 pm

I don't believe in jailor meta.
Serial Killer has killed the TT Jailor... and now the Town has congratulated that serial killer for no reason.
That TT Jailor has a will covered in blood, making it unreadable...
Since there is no medium, the town lost to the SK.
Emily372
Witch
Witch

Postby dolphina » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:48 pm

Emily372 wrote:I don't believe in jailor meta.

that is one hell of a necrobump my dude
Hi. I'm Kokichi Ouma Kuro, and you're watching Disney Channel.

It’s too late. The Evoland 2 propaganda has already started.

He/him pronouns are preferred. Trans rights! Also, some people call me Kokichi, Koki, or Kok. You can use those names, too.

My Discord server
PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos.
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby XHybridX » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:18 am

The thing that makes jailor meta dumb is that if the jailor isn't good or is getting too many whispers it really messes up the town. Everyone is too dependent on one townie.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█░░╦─╦╔╗╦─╔╗╔╗╔╦╗╔╗░░█
█░░║║║╠─║─║─║║║║║╠─░░█
█░░╚╩╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╩─╩╚╝░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
XHybridX
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:34 am

yep, and anyway its a super lazy and unhealthy strat
syjfwbaobfwl
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Cookazoo2 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:18 am

i'm trying to write an evolution of this strategy that involves the current list.

in effect, the goal is to aggressively out as many confirmable townies and the TS slot as quickly as possible and then force an executioner to claim to get their target lynched day 2.

from there, force TK to claim vigilante day three and then every night from then on nail a scum player. on day three, with the combination of a jailor execution, vigi shot/vet confirmation, and a lynch, you should be able to nail at least one scum from that.

the ultimate goal is to then only have to kill the mafia and an executioner, endgaming the witch.

overall, jailor just leads a town blitzkrieg, preventing mafia from being able to claim early.
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby OreCreeper » Mon May 10, 2021 10:18 pm

Cookazoo2 wrote:i'm trying to write an evolution of this strategy that involves the current list.

in effect, the goal is to aggressively out as many confirmable townies and the TS slot as quickly as possible and then force an executioner to claim to get their target lynched day 2.

from there, force TK to claim vigilante day three and then every night from then on nail a scum player. on day three, with the combination of a jailor execution, vigi shot/vet confirmation, and a lynch, you should be able to nail at least one scum from that.

the ultimate goal is to then only have to kill the mafia and an executioner, endgaming the witch.

overall, jailor just leads a town blitzkrieg, preventing mafia from being able to claim early.

This wouldn't really work, especially if the jailor metas. It gives RMs a free pass to go on jailor and "confirm" themselves as TP. Town wouldn't (and shouldn't) take the risk of hunting RM because one mislynch early game and it's game over with meta jailor. The other evils should claim TI/TS/TK D2 and if possible, win a 1-for-1 (vets, transes, escs are good targets). Then witch controls jailor, making it 6v6 D3. It's just way too easy to go wrong with jailor meta in the current rolelist.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby MrIncendiary88 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:09 am

Just wanted to revive this thread. Ye i also stopped playing because of Jailor Meta. Anyway Jailor Meta is forced because not revealing means a) no town co-ordination N1 and b) you are taking the risk of being randomly killed by the Mafia N1 and when that happens its pretty much a normal game cuz there is no more Jailor.

I wonder if replacing the Jailor with a fixed Vigilante in the old Ranked setup with NE and NK would’ve made the difference? There would be no Vigi meta because of the fixed Witch chance and there can be multiple of them, so Vigi is claimable and GF / SK / Witch would have an edge with their basic night immunity. Also if there is Mayor in game they can’t be Jailed as no Jailor in game. Would this be too huge of a buff for evils though would be my worry but I think it should be all fine.
Good day.
My Name is Gerald, although I would much prefer to be called Sir.

About MrIncendiary88:

Spoiler: Name: Gerald Felneus
Role: Arsonist+Forger
ELO: ~1530 (GOLD, AND CLIMBING)

Spoiler:
MrIncendiary88
Witch
Witch

Previous

Return to Strategic Discussion