The Polite “Win/Win” Executioner

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

The Polite “Win/Win” Executioner

Postby GaeligeWanderer » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:12 am

So this simple yet sure fire strategy, the idea behind it is that you just politely ask the public day 2 if they would lynch your target. If they do get lynched, you are now entitled to vote with those who helped you win (the guilty voters, excluding yourself obviously).

Yes it does sound like a boring way to win but this strategy adds a twist about who you’re attempting to help win. The idea is that you become a centerpiece for the game, you will decide who wins simply on who wanted you to win as exe and who didn’t.

I feel like everyone reading this gets the jist of what this strategy unfolds, in a game of Classic mode (as I play the most, I’ve only tried this strategy a total of 2 times already, so far both times it was a success), 4 guilty votes on the Exe target would make these players seem sus because evil roles want to get on the Exe’s good side & you know the rest and about what possibilities it holds for some plays. (Bonus, if this strategy supposedly gives almost a guaranteed win every time, this would become a great strategy for achievement hunters.)

Let me know what you think about this strategy, have a try at it yourself when you can, even go ahead and see if there’s anything you can edit with the strategy when you play with it. But as always, to everyone reading this, I hope you have a great day!
GaeligeWanderer

Re: The Polite “Win/Win” Executioner

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:59 am

Hello, Classic player.

I'm high ELO Ranked player and exe is only in 1/3 of my games. Any exe claims are being either lynched or asked to be jailkilled.

Why, you'd say. Because in high ELO ranked games town may not afford for a mislynch that doesn't confirm mafia or NK. Some evils may claim exe pretending to have townie as a target - the tactic is known by experienced players. Evils mostly team up and refuse to vote once town loses majority in the game.

The common exe strategy in ranked games, if tricking town into lynching the target doesn't work, is to ask mafia and NK to lynch your target once it's noticed all evils can vote up a townie.
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Postby kosmo16 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:23 am

Yeah, the problem with this is that evils can fake executioner. But you can try this if it works for you.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby dolphina » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:48 am

This doesn't work

It's the same as asking to be lynched as jester

Yeah, it works sometimes but not all the time

Dare I say jester gets lynched late-game if they do ask for a lynch
Exe will get exed
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:43 pm

I'd also like to point out that if this works, it's a strong argument for reworking Executioner.

Executioner is not meant to be an ally of the Town. To the extent that Executioner is able to ally with the Town, the role is broken.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Matty89190 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:49 am

To be honest I would never give a win to someone who just asks for it (jests, pirates, exes, whoever) just out of principle, unless I was cutting some kind of a deal.

But in my experience, someone who openly claims exe is usually something worse, so I'd probably want to hang hang/execute them. Because of this, whenever I see someone claiming exe, I tend to be sus of it. I think if you were to try this in ranked, you'd be ignored at best and killed at worst.

I'll probably just stick to more standard exe plays like fake-claiming.
Matty89190
Executioner
Executioner

Postby dolphina » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:09 am

So basically it don't fricking work my man
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Strategic Discussion