Preemptive Appeal for Upcoming Ban

Processed reports are sent here.

Moderator: Trial Judge

Preemptive Appeal for Upcoming Ban

Postby ProjectSYD » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:05 am

I have a gut feeling I'm going to get banned for a recent game so I'm posting here proactively to have a moderator review the situation.

What happened?

Mafioso was upset with me for whatever reason and decided to throw me under the bus. I actually didn't even notice they had posted investigator results with me as BG/GF/Arso as I was busy preparing my fake will. When I was voted up to the stand, I shared my fake will which included our Consigliere with matching results (Investigator, Consigliere, Mayor). I pleaded with the consigliere to confirm my results and they chose to remain silent; when town voted me guilty I angrily said "report 3 for not confirming results" before it was revealed to the town that I was not an investigator (which is why the results couldn't be confirmed).

What am I worried about?

I'm worried that my exclamation pre-reveal will be misinterpreted as revealing a teammate. My intention was to not imply that my teammate was mafia, but rather that they were town refusing to confirm my results. I now have an understanding that I can't simply reveal my teammate if I believe they're gamethrowing as this in itself is gamethrowing. This was just me sticking to my claim to the very end. I'm also worried that I might get banned for bussing out of spite which was not the case; I purposefully chose investigator as my fake claim because it allowed me the flexibility to have results that could be good/bad.

I hope a moderator sees this and is able to take pre-emptive action to prevent a potential ban for something that can be easily explained.

Thank you,

EDIT: For context, this is the report in question https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=3468021
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Preemptive Appeal for Upcoming Ban

Postby Creedastic » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:41 am

There is no such thing as a preemptive appeal, and this is the Report Players section, so please stay on topic.

Closing.
Creedastic
Janitor
Janitor

Return to Closed Reports